Curious To Know

44 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

No, it's a scam.

Yes, normally that's what I'd say but this looks like the gig creation page? If you look at the top of the page, it looks like the real deal?

(Could very well still be a scam but...)

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Yes, normally that's what I'd say but this looks like the gig creation page? If you look at the top of the page, it looks like the real deal?

(Could very well still be a scam but...)

I thought it's a scam too. And from OP's profile description he is a copywriter. So, I wonder what kind of gig OP want to create. Does copywriting need this kind of verification if it's really the case?

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, michmikaia said:

I thought it's a scam too. And from OP's profile description he is a copywriter. So, I wonder what kind of gig OP want to create. Does copywriting need this kind of verification if it's really the case?

I've never heard of it being needed. It definitely feels odd! It's just strange that it looks like the verification popped up during gig creation. (if, that is!)

@LenaI'm sorry to bother you! This isn't real, right? 

• Like 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Lena said:

We charge for each Identity Verification attempt to maintain a secure and reliable process that protects

I don't see those help pages mention "charge" or "pay". Isn't Fiverr doing this to profit from asking millions of buyers and hundreds of thousands of sellers to do this at $3 each?

eg. if there are about 4 million buyers and about 800,000 sellers and Fiverr gets each of them to do this new id verification, that's about 14.4 million dollars Fiverr will be profiting (if they profit $3 from each - maybe slightly less if someone else gets a %) if they've not verified before (so less for people who don't need to verify). So wouldn't Fiverr be doing it to profit?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
  • Up 5

1 hour ago, Lena said:

Hey @katakatica 

You never bother me. 🙂 

It is real. We charge for each Identity Verification attempt to maintain a secure and reliable process that protects users on the platform and fosters trust between Buyers and Sellers. You can find more information in the articles. 

Hope this helps. 

I had a hunch. I've IDd myself when it was free so didn't see this but as much as I understand the decision, I'm not sure it's a good idea when there is a scam doing the same thing (in the inbox.)

Maybe adding more text around the prompt to ID people might help? Something like 'once you're verified once, Fiverr will NOT ask for any of your personal details, etc.)?

Otherwise I think this might affect the marketplace poorly (because it's shown that Fiverr DOES charge new sellers.)

Edited by katakatica
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

3 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I don't see those help pages mention "charge" or "pay". Isn't Fiverr doing this to profit from asking millions of buyers and hundreds of thousands of sellers to do this at $3 each?

Fiverr isn't doing anything. It's the regulations and laws that we adhere to.

5 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Maybe adding more text around the prompt to ID people might help? Something like 'once you're verified once, Fiverr will NOT ask for any of your personal details, etc.)?

If necessary, we will add it. Thanks for the suggestion. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lena said:

Fiverr isn't doing anything. It's the regulations and laws that we adhere to.

So if there's a charge ($3), why don't Fiverr state the charge in the help pages or payment terms page? Shouldn't they, so buyers and sellers know about it and that it's not a scam?

• Like 3
  • Up 4
  • Support 3

So are buyers too going to get this charge and id check? If not, how is it fostering trust when it's the non-sellers who send most of the QR codes and fake payment scams?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Support 3

Also if it's for EU regulations, shouldn't Fiverr sellers have an option to opt out of selling to EU buyers so won't need to pay that charge and go through all this stuff (which they have to give all their info out)?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
  • Support 1

3 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

So if there's a charge ($3), why don't Fiverr state the charge in the help pages or payment terms page? Shouldn't they, so buyers and sellers know about it and that it's not a scam?

2 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

So are buyers too going to get this charge and id check? If not, how is it fostering trust when it's the non-sellers who send most of the QR codes and fake payment scams?

Just now, uk1000 said:

Also if it's for EU regulations, should Fiverr sellers have an option to opt out of selling to EU buyers so won't need to pay that charge and go through all this stuff (which they have to give all their info out)?

These are all valid questions. I will have to forward them to the relevant team and get back to you. 

Thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lena said:

a secure and reliable process that protects users

I hope buyers also need verify their profiles, there are many scammers now, if add a paywall to verify their account the scammers will stop to create fake accounts.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lena said:

Hey @katakatica 

You never bother me. 🙂 

It is real. We charge for each Identity Verification attempt to maintain a secure and reliable process that protects users on the platform and fosters trust between Buyers and Sellers. You can find more information in the articles. 

Hope this helps. 

Was DSA compliance the reason why Fiverr revealed success scores and published related documentation--the transparency part, specifically?

If that's the case then detailed information about how to nurture scores should probably not be restricted to Seller Plus Premium subscribers. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, filipdevaere said:

Do I smell an additional revenue stream for Fiverr here?

Or possibly laws mandate that information needs to be shared and stored ONLY with certain verified service providers for safety and privacy. 

And often, there are costs attached to ping/accessing such databases. So the provider might be billing Fiverr directly or the subscriber through Fiverr for the verification purpose. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Or possibly laws mandate that information needs to be shared and stored ONLY with certain verified service providers for safety and privacy. 

I didn’t see any other company charging sellers for the verification. 

• Like 3
  • Up 4

13 minutes ago, michmikaia said:

This is the thing I'm afraid of.

Yeah - I mean even with seeing it looked right we were worried it was fake! 

I get that it's the law (and that the 3rd party site has to charge etc.) but this can easily turn into encouragement for scammers. 

(Not gonna detail how for obvious reasons but...)

I'm honestly concerned that Fiverr says one thing (e.g. we don't ask for your card, we don't verify like this (I know it's a different process but is it really in the eyes of a newcomer) and then implements this weeks later. 

I do hope I'm just being too harsh though! 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

I Encountered a new problem while I was attempting the new gig plublication

There is a problem that I am facing is the information verification check. In this cas I have put my ID Card and Selfie but addition to this fiverr wants to pay 3$ for verification process. I put my visa card and master card for verification prupose but couldn't. Please anyone here to help me for verification process? Thank You

Screenshot 2024-08-12 223218.png

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, mr_expert23 said:

There is a problem that I am facing is the information verification check. In this cas I have put my ID Card and Selfie but addition to this fiverr wants to pay 3$ for verification process. I put my visa card and master card for verification prupose but couldn't. Please anyone here to help me for verification process? Thank You

Hi there.

You are not the only one.

There is already a topic about that.👇

• Like 4

Hi there!

The issue seems to be with your payment method. 

Please double-check that all the card information is entered correctly. If the issue continues, please reach out to Customer Support for further assistance. 

• Like 3