Tech Talk: Apple โ€‹๐ŸŽโ€‹ vs. Android โ€‹๐Ÿค–โ€‹?

Kesha

Okay, itโ€™s time to settle the debate once and for all: when it comes to smartphones, are you Team Apple, with itโ€™s user-friendly design? Or does Androidโ€™s variety and sleek features take the cake for you?

Tell us what side youโ€™re on and why!
ย 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

18 hours ago, Kesha said:

Okay, itโ€™s time to settle the debate once and for all: when it comes to smartphones, are you Team Apple, with itโ€™s user-friendly design? Or does Androidโ€™s variety and sleek features take the cake for you?

Tell us what side youโ€™re on and why!
ย 

As for me, Iโ€™m definitely a fruitโ€”Apple all the way! After all, an apple a day keeps the tech issues away, right? ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ฑ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Apple, specially because it's a lot more than phones. I use my computer far more than my phone, so I care about the OS in my computer far more than in my phone. I can't really get an android computer, and even if I could, macOS is the goat. Add to that build quality, ecosystem, software, etc. it's just a no brainer. Also, final cut is platform exclusive.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Kesha said:

Or does Androidโ€™s variety and sleek features take the cake for you?

Samsung and all devices from its ecosystemย ๐Ÿ˜

In addition, Apple is quite useless in my home country and my current place of residence (not to mention the price of $3,800 for 15 Pro Max).ย 

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I've been an Apple user for some time now simply because I run my business on MacOS and it made sense to grab an Apple phone to interface more effectively with the ecosystem I spend most of my days using already. I've found Apple phones to work well overall. I do sometimes miss the customizability of the Android platform, but overall I try to spend less and less time on my phone anyway so it's not a major issue for me. To me, it's just a phone.ย 

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm not a tech savvy:

Having said that, I'm an Android user. My phone does everything that I need and that's it.ย 

I have a windows laptop and I'm a writer so I only need a good laptop with latest Microsoft office installed and a fast internet connection. I have a good phone though, but I don't use any social media, don't watch TV/news and don't want to get into the pool of this vs that when I can live a simple life.ย 

OK, y'all, I am not drun*** but dunno what am I writing here.ย 

In short, android.ย 

Edited by rabihumakhan
  • Like 8
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2024 at 8:41 AM, spaintranslator said:

As for me, Iโ€™m definitely a fruitโ€”Apple all the way! After all, an apple a day keeps the tech issues away, right? ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ฑ๐Ÿ˜‚

Now, how can we argue with that! Fruits are always the healthier option.ย ๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 5

On 6/8/2024 at 1:46 PM, rabihumakhan said:

I'm not a tech savvy:

Having said that, I'm an Android user. My phone does everything that I need and that's it.ย 

I have a windows laptop and I'm a writer so I only need a good laptop with latest Microsoft office installed and a fast internet connection. I have a good phone though, but I don't use any social media, don't watch TV/news and don't want to get into the pool of this vs that when I can live a simple life.ย 

OK, y'all, I am not drun*** but dunno what am I writing here.ย 

In short, android.ย 

I love your simple approach to all this! At the end of the day if your phone does everything you need it to do, that's all that matters.ย 

• Like 3

On 6/8/2024 at 8:47 AM, visualstudios said:

Apple, specially because it's a lot more than phones. I use my computer far more than my phone, so I care about the OS in my computer far more than in my phone. I can't really get an android computer, and even if I could, macOS is the goat. Add to that build quality, ecosystem, software, etc. it's just a no brainer. Also, final cut is platform exclusive.

I'm with you! Im team apple mostly because of the Facetime feature but you make a stronger case then I ever could!!ย 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kesha said:

I love your simple approach to all this! At the end of the day if your phone does everything you need it to do, that's all that matters.ย 

Thank-you. My life's philosophy is to engage myself in activities that are outside the virtual world to the point where I can only meet my online requirements.ย 

In addition, that's my approach in physical life as well. The more you have, the more you're responsible for things you sometime don't control. The key to happiness and accomplishment doesn't lie in having things, but to understand how to remain comfortable.ย  Remaining happy is a perk of remaining comfortable and having a minimalist approach.ย 

• Like 3

Though I use an iphone just for stability and everyday use. But, I prefer Android. Because android gives more customization. For instance, I can speed up the transitions, and add custom notification sound for different activities just from a single app.

• Like 3

I started using Android phones several years ago when our local mobile company offered them for free with a contract signup for mobile service. They used to be name brand Samsung but then they started charging for them, so I switched to their latest free option - a Vivo Y76 5G, which is also Android. It does everything I need it to do but as with any smartphone, I find the small keypads cumbersome for writing long documents or creating presentations with sophisticated graphics.

My wife and daughter use Apple products and they seem just as happy with their choices (phones/tablets/laptops).

• Like 1

I've used both. I prefer iOS personally. Everyone's talking about the lack of innovation, features, etc. from Apple. The thing is most people do not need those features Android phones have. Even if they think they do, 99% of the time they will use their phones to do normal phone things (call, text, social media, etc.) which is what (in my opinion) iPhone excel at. It has great UI / UX, is easy to use, and minimalistic (compared to Android). Androids are great if you're a power user who will squeeze every bit of "use" out of your phone. For the average user, it might feel messy and chaotic to navigate.

• Like 1