Scammed upon verification

john_carhartnyc

Question

Everytime I reach out to support and presented with Graphic that I need to verify by using the QR code attached. Several times, it didn't work and then it sent me to verification page where I needed to use my credit card to verify and all my cards were declined and I was told I need to open a REVOLUT account and then deposit $300 and then it was quickly deleted out of my account after THE SUPPORT PERSON in the text window said CLICK to verify the account. Again they asked me to deposit more money and then they would REFUND the TEST money....again they took money out. THIS IS INSANITY and NO ONE IN support with help. They again force me to use the QR code.

IS FIVERR just one big scam???

• Like 4

3 answers to this question

It sounds like you've been scammed by a website other than Fiverr. Fiverr does not work with Revolut, nor do they offer a chat for support (only tickets) and they don't use a QR code to verify as far as I know. They certainly don't ask for your credit card info. This sounds like a clear-cut phishing scam designed to make you believe it is Fiverr, when in fact, it's not. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4

When I verified by ID account with FIverr they did not ask me for any money. It appears that you were scammed. Since this is your fault, Fiverr can do nothing about it. I suggest you contact your bank to file a dispute. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hi @john_carhartnyc, sorry to read about this unfortunate experience. Please read our Terms of Service and make sure to avoid any future issues like this one, since we cannot keep you safe outside Fiverr. In case you have any additional dilemmas about this, you'll get the answers there. Hopefully, you'll be able to resolve this with your bank and reverse the transaction. Good luck 🍀

• Like 3