Show us your workspace

Kesha

One of the greatest perks of freelancing is the freedom to work from wherever (as long as there’s WiFi, of course)! Whether it’s your personalized desk, a cute café, a trendy co-working space, or poolside, the world is your office.

Post a candid photo of your office space for the day and let’s celebrate all the different workspaces of our Fiverr freelancing community.

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, Kesha said:

freedom to work from wherever (as long as there’s WiFi, of course)! Whether it’s your personalized desk, a cute café, a trendy co-working space, or poolside, the world is your office.

But wouldn't Fiverr flag you for "location inconsistencies" if you "worked from wherever" and travelled a lot and then used your device to work on Fiverr (Which would then stop you from taking part in the level system)?

Edit: Though I assume it should be okay if, as staff said, you contact CS each time you want to travel somewhere before working on Fiverr (which isn't really much freedom that way). Though the many people who got flagged for location inconsistencies weren't told they needed to contact CS before each journey somewhere. (eg. there's no policy page about it as far as I know).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 9

24 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

But wouldn't Fiverr flag you for "location inconsistencies" if you "worked from wherever" and travelled a lot and then used your device to work on Fiverr (Which would then stop you from taking part in the level system)?

Edit: Though I assume it should be okay if, as staff said, you contact CS each time you want to travel somewhere before working on Fiverr (which isn't really much freedom that way). Though the many people who got flagged for location inconsistencies weren't told they needed to contact CS before each journey somewhere. (eg. there's no policy page about it as far as I know).

Didn't realise we had to tell anyone. In the last 3 years I've been in 10-15 different countries, and in those places on lots of different wifi networks. Never had a problem. I expect 'location inconsistency' could refer to a number of different ToS violations. Just speculating. Anyway, I'll share my super fancy set up later...

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Never had a problem.

Maybe it's different for Fiverr Pros or TRS than for other Fiverr users. Haven't there been many who had their accounts flagged for "location inconsistencies" quite recently? I thought some where saying that they didn't use any VPN. Maybe they'd just travelled somewhere else within their big country (eg. India) and got flagged with that reason when using their account then after travelling/using a different device (without doing anything against the TOS).

According to this post: https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/326680-can-i-use-different-wifi/?do=findComment&comment=2044234

On 3/21/2024 at 1:46 PM, Lena said:

it is always best to tell CS about plans to avoid any issues

On 3/21/2024 at 1:46 PM, Lena said:

As long as the users notify CS about the changes as you did, they do not put their accounts at risk. However, if they change their location without their knowledge, they directly put their account at risk. 

So that impacts on your freedom to use Fiverr anywhere if before each journey you have to tell CS about it and get their approval first (if you'd be logging into your Fiverr account from there - and that isn't mentioned in the policies).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

IMG_2203.jpg

Edited 1 hour ago by visualstudios

I am impressed with your setup. Cool!!! 😍

I read your forum comment and post. Thank you.

Edited by rasel3465
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, williambryan392 said:

I was doing it long before I was pro or trs. I know quite a few others that do as well with no problem. Think Lena was basically saying to play it safe and let them know. Better safe than sorry. Did you have a location issue? I expect most that did have an issue was because they said they were resident in a country they weren't when they signed up, or they had logins from multiple different locations. To be honest I don't know.

Anyway, back to the thread topic. This is my current airbnb setup. The apartment is more comfortable than this depressing little corner looks!

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-09 at 8.47.42 PM.jpeg

I'm always impressed with those who can keep such a neat and simple work space!

• Like 4

I'm finding website design is becoming more and more tricky on my 'ol faithful' commodore 64.    

Looking forward to upgrading in the near future to a ZX spectrum, and really showing you guys what a classy workstation looks like. 

7b9a9029e7080a81920dc8a1ca0df508.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Kesha said:

One of the greatest perks of freelancing is the freedom to work from wherever (as long as there’s WiFi, of course)! Whether it’s your personalized desk, a cute café, a trendy co-working space, or poolside, the world is your office.

Post a candid photo of your office space for the day and let’s celebrate all the different workspaces of our Fiverr freelancing community.

Why didn't you share yours? 😛

Here's mine: 

image.png.99adadcfc983b8b45b315f3ae0aa2358.png

Ok, Ok, so it's not. But it will be once I take over the world. 

In the meantime...

image.png.e95198f30c3e0fb7b2935aae74dbc8ca.png

(No, that's not my voice over studio).

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, levinewman said:

Nobody should ever be an Ubisoft fan. Boo, hiss.

Well I like their games. Especially Valhalla and the other RPG ones in the AC series. But hey, to each his own. What games do you like, Levi? If Ubisoft stuff is not good for you 😄

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Well I like their games. Especially Valhalla and the other RPG ones in the AC series. But hey, to each his own. What games do you like, Levi? If Ubisoft stuff is not good for you 😄

I do like their games but they're always so insanely buggy. I still play a lot of Warcraft and some mobas. Favorite game of all time is The Last of Us.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, levinewman said:

The Last of Us

Great pick. As for MOBA stuff, not into that, more of an RPG guy. I guess bugs come with the game size, most of the Ubisoft games are insanely huge, so they will always be very buggy. Even Call of Duty is buggy every year and it has an army making it 🙂  Well, I am looking forward to the new Star Wars game from Ubisoft, at least they know how to make good open worlds. But might wait a couple of months until they iron out bugs..

• Like 5

I thought Valhalla was a little bit too long. And I hated that stupid DLC where you had to do all those tests that were IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN. I prefer the older ones. I barely understand what's going on with the lore these days except [MASSIVE VERY CONFUSING SPOILERS]. It's dumb. But pretty. 

I enjoy finding places I've been to in the UK and Greece and then grumbling about how it looks nothing like the area, too. The Greek one was also too long. My favorite one was the ultra-buggy French revolution one. 

I also enjoy the... I forgot what it's called now, but the cinematic horror story ones. Man of Medan.... something in Salem... the haunted underground Iraqi alien lair... enjoyable pap, especially when the weird librarian interrupts to tell you you're rubbish and everyone's going to die unless you perk up. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, breals said:

I'm finding website design is becoming more and more tricky on my 'ol faithful' commodore 64.    

Looking forward to upgrading in the near future to a ZX spectrum, and really showing you guys what a classy workstation looks like. 

7b9a9029e7080a81920dc8a1ca0df508.jpg

I learned to code & write games in assembler on a zx81 when i was a teenager. I sold the games for peanuts and wrote them for magazines who published the code in the magazines.  this is when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, markp said:

I learned to code & write games in assembler on a zx81 when i was a teenager. I sold the games for peanuts and wrote them for magazines who published the code in the magazines.  this is when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Ah the 'good ol days' Mark,   When you played games off tapes and floppy discs, and your would swap them in the school yard with your mates. 🙂

• Like 5