[ UX audit + redesign ] New Rating & Review System

This thread deserves a   5+ EXCEPTIONAL.

This should absolutely be considered by the Fiverr team. The color scale is a brilliant, universal understanding compared to emojis, and the wording is MUCH more clear. Also, now buyer's know how their answers affect the score (finally)!

• Like 5
  • Up 1

This is an exceptional review. Kudos! I appreciate that you are breaking down the flaws of the system and proposing changes in a research-based fashion rather than bringing only an emotional reaction to the table. While I may have some small nitpicks here and there based on personal preference, I do think that your proposal does a good job of presenting a potential change that could benefit both buyers and sellers equally here, rather than the typical more one-sided approach that elevates one group over the other.

I am not necessarily convinced that Fiverr would take an honest look at this based on the silence and vague responses I've seen to public threads since the debut of the system, but if they did I would feel very encouraged for how it might be digested by their development team who, presumably, understands the format of your presentation. 

Still, I try to focus on the positive side and look at the potential. My hope is that @Kesha @Lyndsey_Fiverr and @ran_success do see and forward this particular post to those responsible for this rollout. 

Edited by texvox
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, texvox said:

This is an exceptional review. Kudos! I appreciate that you are breaking down the flaws of the system and proposing changes in a research-based fashion rather than bringing only an emotional reaction to the table. While I may have some small nitpicks here and there based on personal preference, I do think that your proposal does a good job of presenting a potential change that could benefit both buyers and sellers equally here, rather than the typical more one-sided approach that elevates one group over the other.

I am not necessarily convinced that Fiverr would take an honest look at this based on the silence and vague responses I've seen to public threads since the debut of the system, but if they did I would feel very encouraged for how it might be digested by their development team who, presumably, understands the format of your presentation. 

Still, I try to focus on the positive side and look at the potential. My hope is that @Kesha @Lyndsey_Fiverr and @ran_success do see and forward this particular post to those responsible for this rollout. 

Wow, you're stats is every seller's dream on the platform. This is my first time seeing a profile with perfect stats.

Yet, all of the non 5* star were given to you happened recently. This is a clearly great example of why the new review system is terrible. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, aang0506 said:

Wow, you're stats is every seller's dream on the platform. This is my first time seeing a profile with perfect stats.

Yet, all of the non 5* star were given to you happened recently. This is a clearly great example of why the new review system is terrible. 

I’ve definitely busted my tail to offer the best service I can, and under Fiverr’s previous ruleset I was rewarded for that effort. But they have unfortunately moved the goalposts now, not only for our future but also for our pasts on the platform. It’s about the least fair thing I’ve seen them do, but unfortunately someone over there seems to be mighty satisfied with themselves so there’s not much of a chance of them changing things I think. 

• Like 4

I just don't understand what the #$%& new rating means....

I exceeded the expectations, the quality is 5, but the value is 3. which value? value for who? value for when or why? Did I do anything wrong and what exactly?

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 20.09.32.png

• Like 4

maybe we make the job the clients order to look like it was quick and easy to do, and now after I explained everything in details she thinks - oh that was not so difficult as I thought, but how is that my fault? and to value my job and expertise as 3 out of 5?

• Like 4

17 hours ago, katherinasim said:

I just don't understand what the #$%& new rating means....

I exceeded the expectations, the quality is 5, but the value is 3. which value? value for who? value for when or why? Did I do anything wrong and what exactly?

I think the issue with value for money (WFM) is the different price points of gigs.

This is metric implies a similar question as to whether a cheap car is better “value for money” than a luxurious car is.

The cheap car will get you from point A to point B. You might not have the faster car or the best sound system, but the car does its job.

The more luxurious car will also get you from point A to point B, but the drive might be faster be more pleasant.

5$ gigs and 25$ gigs will both get the job done, but the question is whether the 25$ gig delivers a result that is 500% better?

I would a argue that the cheaper gig usually has more “value for money”. A more expensive gig on the other hand is expected to have a higher quality.

WFM is a metric that doesn’t reflect success. When you buy a brand-name clothing item, you don’t look at VFM. You only look at WFM when you start counting each cent. Buyers choose gigs based on many factors including price point, and they wouldn’t place the order if the didn’t think the cost was appropriate for them.

My experience is, that as gig prices increase, clients become easier to work with and understand that they are paying for quality instead of VFM.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I don't even see the option to read my last customers review then review them like I have after every order for the last ten years. Did they remove that or something or am I just blind?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, timaucoin said:

I don't even see the option to read my last customers review then review them like I have after every order for the last ten years. Did they remove that or something or am I just blind?

Maybe try a different browser (sometimes it doesn't work for me on one browser but works on another)...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

However....
The OVERALL problem with this entire system is the "transparency" between Fiverr, the client, and the seller.
This is a gross oversight.

A seller has no idea of their REAL feedback and is thus 'secretly' punished with no way of knowing if correcting what they do is even needed.

No, it just shows up in the form of a gig or two causing a drop in stats with the seller having no real 'understanding' of what happened.  So, Fiverr and the client have a separate 'secret deal' going on behind the scenes. 

Transparency is vital for building trust, understanding, and most of all- GROWTH.

THIS is not happening with this new system.  The client, as well as the seller, EACH have the opportunity in the old system to rate on all the key markers, leaving a comment based on their experience & the opportunity to take that information and GROW.... vs that and "Tell us how you REALLY feel...pssst... don't worry, the seller won't see this response."  I mean, If you can't see how shady that is, and a hindrance to growth... then you have bigger issues.  OH WAIT... and then that info gets fed into an AI to spit out its determination??  Really?

Bottom line, it's shady to have a conversation behind someone's back and then promote NO transparency as a good thing.  It's truly unprofessional and lacks ethical character.

It's a terrible system.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I am so glad I read it, and can't believe all my concerns, (everyone's concerns for that matter) were mentioned in a very positive and insightful way. Really loved the idea of visually showing the exceptional 5+ ratings. You just nailed it, man!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...