Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

For my fellow people with a success score of 4, did anyone manage to fix it yet?

It seems like it's the score that no one seems to have success improving it, and most of us have no idea how did we end up having our score that low.

• Like 3

On 6/24/2024 at 9:09 PM, ch6k0r said:

For my fellow people with a success score of 4, did anyone manage to fix it yet?

It seems like it's the score that no one seems to have success improving it, and most of us have no idea how did we end up having our score that low.

Hi. Yes, I was at a score of 4 for a couple of months. Then, suddenly, without any notice, I became a 9. 9!!! lol. This happened 1 week ago. On day 1, I was at 5, then the next day, it went from 5 to 9.

This doesn't mean I got orders since I became a 9. Nope! I did not receive any new messages from clients or anything.

I think the system is pushing me to promote gigs, which I am not going to do. I am not going to invest anything in the platform for at least a year or so, as this whole system is not stable.

• Like 7

Also, I want to add that during the months I was at 4, I had my old clients coming over as I was hidden from search. I did not do anything differently—prices were the same, delivery was the same, I did not go late or anything.

Only one client found me through deep searching for a specific inquiry. I asked him how he found me since I was hidden in search, and he told me he searched for specific requirements in the search, and that's how he found me. This means that even if you are hidden, you are still in the system if someone wants to find you.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

On 6/24/2024 at 8:09 PM, ch6k0r said:

it's still 4

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sshublaq said:

Then, suddenly, without any notice, I became a 9. 9!!!

wow!! you were very lucky!

This system makes no sense at all.

I've already given up trying to understand.

Let's work and do the best service we can.

It's the only thing we can do

• Like 3
  • Up 1

On 6/24/2024 at 7:09 PM, ch6k0r said:

Hi, I've been experiencing the same issue with my success score being stuck at 4 for the past 2 to 3 months. During this time, I've received many orders and mostly 5-star ratings, although there have been a few mixed ratings. Despite this, my score remains at 4. I'm not sure what to do and I'm quite disappointed, especially since I was a Level 2 seller before this update, and now I'm classified as a new seller. It's heartbreaking after all the hard work I've put in.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, aimanmujeeb said:

Hi, I've been experiencing the same issue with my success score being stuck at 4 for the past 2 to 3 months. During this time, I've received many orders and mostly 5-star ratings, although there have been a few mixed ratings. Despite this, my score remains at 4. I'm not sure what to do and I'm quite disappointed, especially since I was a Level 2 seller before this update, and now I'm classified as a new seller. It's heartbreaking after all the hard work I've put in.

same situation

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The system should be less complex and frustrating for sellers. Currently, it feels like it's driving sellers to despair. The reason for losing points is unclear. I dropped from 9 to 8 without any orders. There is no explanation on the screen. It was better before when achieving the "TOP SELLER" badge was a goal for everyone. Sorry for my English.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, alessio90 said:

I dropped from 9 to 8 without any orders. There is no explanation on the screen.

The success score is covering a certain timeline. It's similar to how we had the 2-month timeline previously, whenever you had metrics under 90%, you were dropping a level. Here they also follow a timeline, so if you had no orders for a while or at all, the score will inherently drop. 

Being a top seller can still be a goal. However, the market has change. There are tons of AI tools that people use, so they don't always hire freelancers. Fiverr has less buyers, but way more talent is coming in every day. So they have to differentiate the sellers and that's why I think they went with a harsher system, so not everyone will be top rated or level 2 and with a score of 4.9/5 stars.

• Like 3
  • Up 2

On 6/30/2024 at 4:56 PM, donnovan86 said:

The success score is covering a certain timeline. It's similar to how we had the 2-month timeline previously, whenever you had metrics under 90%, you were dropping a level. Here they also follow a timeline, so if you had no orders for a while or at all, the score will inherently drop. 

Does anyone know what the current covered timeline is?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ch6k0r said:

Somebody had shared a screenshot of a reply from Milos on this topic, which vaguely said that, "SS gets reset in 6 months!!"

He had sort of asked OP to wait for 6 months and then it MIGHT get better. 

But it was not a very concrete or transparent kind of reply.  

• Like 2
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, ch6k0r said:

No idea. Yes, there was a mention that it might be 6 months, or that newer orders within the last 6 months will take priority. But I will say this, even if you got a bad review, once you get better reviews in a month or two, things can change. The problem is that we don't know what order is affecting us due to private reviews. So it will feel random, for example I had a success score of 9, and then it randomly raised to 10, I have no idea why. But I assume a few months ago there was a bad private review and now it's not covered anymore. Generally, try to work the best way that you can and help your clients as much as possible. There's not a whole lot that you can do aside from that, unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)

I've had two clients in a row devour time to over twice the amount of the custom offer. Both have been highly unresponsive and wasted a lot of time through their entire order. So here's the biggest problem with these private ratings ... I can't say anything.

If the private ratings were asked for upfront only, that would be one thing. But buyers are getting an email 24 hours after order completion to leave private feedback. I can get a five star review and have everything be fine, then leave an honest review saying the buyer was unresponsive, and get kicked in the backside with negative private feedback a day or two later in retribution. 

They really should give the buyer one shot at feedback, whether it's public or private or both. Making our buyer reviews a possible point of contention on that private feedback is perhaps the most unfair part of the whole thing. We can't see our feedback first. They shouldn't be allowed to see theirs before the review process is complete either.

I decided to bring it up in case anybody thinks this is all right after the order and they're safe. Think hard about whether or not a buyer is worth complaining about, because they do have a chance to kick your score after they see what you wrote. And I know for sure it happened to me a couple weeks ago.

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 3
  • Up 6
  • Support 1

The success scores, message response rate and all of the metrics used by this new system are calculated using bad data and poorly designed, in-substantive formulae.

This data is also used by the success managers to gauge seller performance on the platform.

Discussion on some of the details here:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 2:55 PM, emmaki said:

Oh, it gets better, but posting some of the reviews I'd like to might negatively impact me. Let's just say that there are some very interesting insights into leadership mindset when it comes to leadership diversity. 

Anyway, here's a wall of text from a disgruntled former CS. You will notice the use of gamification, even with its own employees - and not in a fun way. 

Just think, I could be happily working on an order with a paying client now and not looking through employee GD complaints because I am furious about a broken promise from a broken company. And I bet I could find much better stuff than this, too.

As it is, I think I'll wander off and do something a bit better for my blood pressure now. 

image.png.85decd27f774dcfda7cc2ec2852a6a86.png

image.png.ee1995ceda36e8b8299e7fecce7f17fc.png

image.png.c456fabf940a42948aaf29a37a47a5b1.png

image.png.f67182f89fd799445492c4fde5304be4.png

Fiverr needs to change. 

This explains my current ongoing email exchanges with CS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ch6k0r said:

Are private feedbacks the only important factor on Client Satisfaction?

My guesswork-based assessment would be:

Probably private reviews have the maximum weightage (60-70%) -  followed by conflicts on order page, (if buyer sends) cancellation request, cancellations and public ratings (only for 3 star or below kinda scores).  

• Like 2

Fiverr, just roll back to the previous system :classic_dry: Admit it - This is a BAD change and everyone is complaining. Literally no one praises this update.
Lot's of profiles are dead now and sellers have no clue what to do. How we suppose to improve that succes-score-thing when we have no orders?

• Like 3

Unless at least 90% of your buyers leave a private review, the satisfaction score isn't using a representative sample of data -therefore all that's going to happen is it magnifies those unavoidable orders that go sideways for whatever reason.

It's garbage data, all the metrics are, everyone surely can see this by now.

Any serious tech platform would have scrapped it within a week.

• Like 2
  • Support 2

On 8/2/2024 at 11:47 AM, simonjonesmusic said:

Unless at least 90% of your buyers leave a private review, the satisfaction score isn't using a representative sample of data -therefore all that's going to happen is it magnifies those unavoidable orders that go sideways for whatever reason.

It's garbage data, all the metrics are, everyone surely can see this by now.

Any serious tech platform would have scrapped it within a week.

True! I always asked and thought the same thing, most people just leave the public review and a tip when they are satisfied, some even thank me seconds later in direct messages, but a private 24 hours later review? I really doubt they have the time to do so after all the other reviewing/thanking interactions.
Now when it comes to the few unsatisfied customers or the ones that disappear and leave the order to auto-complete, they can surely be back 24 hours later and they are back as heated as they could, resulting in the usual contradiction that we see people complaining about:

Public reviews: 100-98% 5 Stars
Client Satisfaction Score: Strong negative impact (

Thanks to the system only counting the private feedbacks which are not done by those satisfied people who already left a long positive review and won't bother with private feedback (unless we start begging them to do so)

• Like 2