new Sucess Score system is...

chopperbricks

Hello everyone,
After much anticipation (and fear), the Success Score system is now here, and I have mixed feelings about it... There's alot of good but some very bad.
We now have detailed info on what the metrics are, hidden stats we could previously only guess show up in the details of the success score of each gig.
https://www.fiverr.com/cp/success-score-explained
Honestly, getting more transparency like this is just awesome. My issue is about some of those metrics... Like, cancellations regardless of them supposed to not affect stats (one of my gigs is now 4/10 for a cancellation that I initiated myself because of a buyer not reading my gig's description 6 months ago, for which CS assured me it wouldn't affect my stats).
But then there's also "effective communication", which according to Fiverr is very high on some of my gigs and extremely low on others, what do they even use to rate this, AI? Seems pretty arbitrary knowing I provide products in the same category for all of my gigs and have the same responsiveness on them.
Then there's "conflict-free orders", in which they count time extensions as conflicts.
Value for money is also another metric, but do they just use the "value for money" part of reviews for this?

As much as it's all giving us more transparency, it's also making me ponder many more questions...
Overall, Fiverr is changing, big time.
Curious to hear what you all think about it and what your experience has been with it since it dropped this morning.

• Like 21
  • Up 1

A big thing that's changing is side gigs. My main gig is at the score 8 while my 2 small side gigs are both at 4. To keep it from impacting our score, we'll have to let go of all the old gigs that don't do as well, I think overall one of their goals is to streamline things and not have so many forgotten cheap looking gigs polluting the platform. I'm not really against that tbh

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

image.png.a2ba9ccaf8420c2fe348d2190e071bdb.png

According to https://www.fiverr.com/cp/success-score-explained

"Though the Success Score accounts for your number of canceled orders, inevitable cancellations due to misunderstandings or mistakenly placed orders do not impact your success score."

I don't understand how this is possible because I don't have any cancellations or any notable reviews about "satisfaction"

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Up 3

Its completely f****d in my opinion. I've got 99 percent 5 star reviews on my gig. And it says

"Client satisfaction

Strong negative impact"

Ok so having 99 percent 5 star reviews on the gig means my client satisfaction is having a strong negative impact? Are you insane?

Also I have about 1 cancellation a year where me and a client can't agree. The rest of them is clients ordering by mistake. But yet is says

"Order cancellations
Strong negative impact"

So in my opinion there is no other explanation other than they must be counting historic cancellations that they said would have no negative impact on my gig. It's outrageous. I mean I really do have about 1 cancellation a year. I've been top level seller consistently for 5 years and have never dropped down.

Then all of a sudden they say my cancellations are having a strong negative impact? When support have cancelled all of them for me and removed them from my cancellation score?!

And the client satisfaction thing is nonsensical. I was on the beta for the fiverr seller plus thing and my fiverr seller plus handler was a senior guy on the fiverr team. He told me my review track record was one of the best he'd ever seen. Thats why I got put on the beta. They test out the new features on the top people. 

This is utter garbage. 

• Like 17

While I appreciate the transparency for the previous criteria, the actual calculative metric for each criteria is very vague at best and confusing at worst.

I hope they expend this system further and let freelancers know what needs to be improve/change even further, but right now is very confusing for me personally

• Like 9

2 hours ago, richardgarside said:

Its completely f****d in my opinion. I've got 99 percent 5 star reviews on my gig. And it says

"Client satisfaction

Strong negative impact"

Ok so having 99 percent 5 star reviews on the gig means my client satisfaction is having a strong negative impact? Are you insane?

Also I have about 1 cancellation a year where me and a client can't agree. The rest of them is clients ordering by mistake. But yet is says

"Order cancellations
Strong negative impact"

So in my opinion there is no other explanation other than they must be counting historic cancellations that they said would have no negative impact on my gig. It's outrageous. I mean I really do have about 1 cancellation a year. I've been top level seller consistently for 5 years and have never dropped down.

Then all of a sudden they say my cancellations are having a strong negative impact? When support have cancelled all of them for me and removed them from my cancellation score?!

And the client satisfaction thing is nonsensical. I was on the beta for the fiverr seller plus thing and my fiverr seller plus handler was a senior guy on the fiverr team. He told me my review track record was one of the best he'd ever seen. Thats why I got put on the beta. They test out the new features on the top people. 

This is utter garbage. 

Almost same happening with me. In my gig, it says "Client satisfaction" as "Negative impact"...

At same time, repeat analytics says 100% of buyers are repetitive.

Does it make sense ?

I'm clueless how they calculate such results.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, richardgarside said:

You are right. https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/21965360854673-Success-score

The success score is intentionally designed to remain relatively stable. It does not fluctuate too often, as it considers the history of your orders over time, rather than focusing on individual transactions. 

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 6

I had been level 2 seller since last 6 months. After new update, fiverr did down grade my seller level to level 1 seller. Because my success score is 6 now.  I am not sure, was it wise decision of fiverr? My four gigs are under success score. Two gigs score are 8,  one gig is 6 and another gig is 4 score. So, if I delete the gig (4 score). Will it improve my success score and seller lever?

Edited by gmuhit_five
  • Like 7

On 2/14/2024 at 9:01 AM, richardgarside said:

"Client satisfaction

Strong negative impact"

"Order cancellations
Strong negative impact"

This is utter garbage. 

Same for us!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, imamiopial said:

Perhaps hidden reviews?

It's hard to believe that hidden reviews could paint such a negative picture, especially since my personal interactions with buyers are overwhelmingly positive. Many of them go out of their way to send thank you messages to my inbox after completing an order. Considering these facts, the numbers simply don't add up. 90% of my reviews praise my exceptional communication skills, even during weekends, and I've earned the highly responsive badge for both of my gigs. It seems unlikely that every buyer would express satisfaction directly to me but leave a negative private review. This situation points towards an issue with Fiverr's system rather than with my service.

How can I further improve when I'm already providing the best possible service? What exactly are they expecting from us to be perfect beyond human capabilities?

image.png.a41661eb43b09d6e472093fa9986f76e.png

Screenshot2024-02-16134222.png.869bdaea2e6928f99ef47d0b57c439f8.png

• Like 5

On 2/15/2024 at 8:39 AM, cheftychefty said:

🤣 Looks like I'll need to find a new job after 6 years with fiverr because I'm now a level zero and all of my gigs have hundreds of reviews with a success score between 4 and 6.

6ea32c089cfb01985806c4c72f783074.png

f6e607e71b7016059c3e8a3d2b289a27.png

Same here. Shifting to other platforms now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, sonampro said:

Same here. Shifting to other platforms now. 

Your profile bio is fake for sure. IIM's don't offer graduation degrees and IIM grads don't make so many grammatical errors in a single paragraph either!! 

And, there is no institute called IIM India. 🫠

image.png.b36531e93a20b5de5c328949cb9549e1.png

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jellybeanhusky said:

How can I further improve when I'm already providing the best possible service? What exactly are they expecting from us to be perfect beyond human capabilities?

image.png.a41661eb43b09d6e472093fa9986f76e.png

Screenshot2024-02-16134222.png.869bdaea2e6928f99ef47d0b57c439f8.png

What kind of services do you provide? id be curious to see a graph of the types of services provided by people who have a Success Score of 4 Versus those who have a success score of 10 while comparing that result with the age of account. They're treating every niche and service like its linear.

It's upsetting that someone new can join fiverr tomorrow and in a month, if they somehow manage 10 orders with no bad Private Feedback, will have a better chance at success than those of us who have been here for years making fiverr money. They're just phasing us all out.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

IIM's don't offer graduation degrees and IIM grads don't make so many grammatical errors in a single paragraph either!! 

"Shifting to other platforms now." Why do you get triggered if I have said that to the point where you went ahead to see the profile and started pointing out grammatical mistakes just to satisfy your ego? You must have so much free time to do all of this.  Also, the line you wrote above has 3 grammatical mistakes too. 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sonampro said:

"Shifting to other platforms now." Why do you get triggered if I have said that to the point where you went ahead to see the profile and started pointing out grammatical mistakes just to satisfy your ego? You must have so much free time to do all of this.  Also, the line you wrote above has 3 grammatical mistakes too. 🙂 

I can afford all the mistakes because I'm not pretending to be a "Graduate from IIM India".😭

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

I can afford all the mistakes because I'm not pretending to be a "Graduate from IIM India".😭

Oh! So a seller with pro-level and 7 years of experience can afford all the mistakes and can make grammatical errors? Do they not teach English in NIFT, Bangalore? 

Capture.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 2