I don't understand how, but I've been flagged for "manipulating the rating system". I have done nothing wrong.

Well, you could go through the last few orders and figure out what was wrong. 

I assume it might have to do with your last 3.7 star review. If you contact someone saying the review is not right, you didn't deserve that, etc, they can report you for trying to manipulate the system and trying to force someone to give you a certain review. It might not be that order, but if you contacted someone specifically to tell them the review is not ok or you talked with them about the review after they wrote it on the order page, that counts as review manipulation.

Take the chance to reply to the review and don't talk with the person. If you do and you mention the review, they can easily report you. So yeah, one of your messages was seen as a request to change the review, and that's against the rules because reviews are final. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Asking to leave a review when you deliver an order also can be considered as review manipulation 

Asking to leave a specific review perhaps...  I've been told by my success manager that I can ask my buyer to rate the order as long as I am not telling them how should they rate

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Alex.M said:

I've been told by my success manager that I can ask my buyer to rate the order

Yes that’s what our SSMs tell us but we still see “normal” sellers getting warnings for the same questions even if they are not asking for a specific review. 

• Like 7
  • Up 2

5 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Asking to leave a review when you deliver an order also can be considered as review manipulation 

No, it is not. We can always request them to share their experience through a review.

But asking a buyer WHAT kinda review/rating they should leave or should have left - is definitely manipulation. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, priyank_mod said:

But asking a buyer WHAT kinda review/rating they should leave or should have left - is definitely manipulation. 

Please tell that to all the people who did get a warning for just asking for review. I’ve been here long enough to see many cases even though SSMs were telling us that it’s ok to ask for a feedback or non specific review. 

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Please tell that to all the people who did get a warning for just asking for review. I’ve been here long enough to see many cases even though SSMs were telling us that it’s ok to ask for a feedback or non specific review. 

I concur, that must be the case but then we don't know what precisely they asked for or how they phrased it. It's quite evident that the majority of sellers struggle to put together even basic comprehensible sentences in English.

They might/must be innocent on their part but their texts would have meant otherwise, leading to their accounts getting flagged!!

• Like 9

I don't understand how, but I've been flagged for "manipulating the rating system". I have done nothing wrong

well i never messaged that person or contacted regarding the review

It might be something to do with this (if they thought a buyer ordered just to increase ratings/reviews):

At 4:05 in the video in the above link "it mentions things that it could consider a suspicious purchase eg. ones it thinks are feedback boosting (reviews/rating)".

So maybe they might call the same thing "manipulating the rating system" if it thinks someone (even if it's actually their buyer) is "feedback boosting"

• Like 7
  • Up 1

I also think it has to do with this: ⬇️

29 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

It might be something to do with this (if they thought a buyer ordered just to increase ratings/reviews):

This system is known to trigger false flags - and I remember one forum member who reported a false flag that happened because all their reviews were starting to look the same (and from the same buyers). Fiverr reversed its decision when the seller showed that all of the orders were legitimate - even though the spammy reviews made the account suspect.

Since @lucamedina780 is a tarot card reader, I noticed many of her reviews say something along the lines of, "Thank you for another great reading," with the same reviews (word for word) coming from the same buyer. This may have triggered this as "review manipulation." However, for a tarot card reader, this type of review is to be expected.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

@vickieito Thank you for explaining this, I think the same thing is happening to my account. All my sales (spiritual readings and etc) are legitimate but somehow I was flagged this morning for trying to falsely increasing ratings. It's a relief that it might just be a false flag, but hopefully these things can be revoked and won't happen again.

• Like 8

I got same warning last month, Fiverr support told me to attach something in delivery for example image, screenshot or any other material. Never submit empty delivery with text.

• Like 8

@lucamedina780 

As I can see from your conversation with the CS, the warning you received was removed after review. 

@clarotarot 

Your ticket is open, so please wait for our Customer Support to contact you. We are just asking you to be patient; they will reach out to you as quickly as possible. If more than 48 hours have passed without a response, don't hesitate to get in touch with me via message. Please keep me updated.

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1