My Fivver Gig Got Deleted

tyagijatin

Question

Hii, my fivver gig got deleted and I didn't know why. Later, I come to know that it was because I used AI to write my description. I had no idea that it would result in this because I had been working on my gig for the past 2 years and it had good 15, five star reviews. Now, is there a way that I could get my deleted gig back?

• Like 4

13 answers to this question

Hi @tyagijatin,

7 hours ago, tyagijatin said:

Now, is there a way that I could get my deleted gig back?

Probably not.

However, you can learn from your mistakes by studying Fiverr's Intellectual Property standards here:

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/intellectual-property

And Fiverr's updated Community Standards here:

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/Product-abuse

I tried to warn sellers so that they could take action to prevent their accounts/gigs from being shut down in this post here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/299053-👀-check-out-fiverrs-updated-community-standards/

There was also a post about AI standards in which Yoav (Fiverr's Engagement and Education Manager) stated clearly that you may not use AI to communicate with buyers, but you can use AI in your description and deliveries if you fully disclose that you are using AI in your gig descriptions and order chats.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/299183-live-blogging-fiverr-ai-webinar/?do=findComment&comment=1884634

You might want to read the whole thread, not just the post that I tagged.

• Like 6
  • Up 3

It's probably a bad idea for Fiverr to suggest using ChatGPT in gig descriptions if they're going to delete gigs because of it if isn't mentioned that it's used. In the community standards it only has rules about using it as part of the work process (for orders I assume). They should really say there what the rules are re: using it in gig descriptions.

Also no seller is likely to put (or would want to put) "This description was written with the help of ChatGPT" in the description. So that's going to put people off using it for descriptions even if it's allowed if they use something like that phrase.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

@tyagijatin Regardless of what is right or wrong or against the community standards. If you wrote the whole gig description with chatGPT, you are asking for trouble, as it's just a generated description.  The same applies to gig titles as well. There is also the strong possibility that if many people in your vertical are doing the same thing, they could end up with the same or very similar descriptions & titles. Going by the number of videos on youtube telling people to do precisely this on Fiverr, it's likely this could be happening. Now imagine if everyone started doing that and what the result would be.

Using your own description on each gig would be the best way to differentiate your services from other sellers and provide your unique selling point(s). ChatGPT is not going to do that for you. It will generate some blah blah description for your service, but it won't set you apart from anyone else, and instead of helping you, it will probably do the opposite and hinder you. You may think it's giving you some USP, but it probably (likely) gives the same or very similar content to everyone else. 

People seem to forget the whole purpose of the description is not just to describe the service but to give people a good reason to buy yours instead of the other pages and pages in the search results. ChatGPT is never going to do this. If anyone thinks ChatGPT is going to help them sell, they are just handing sales to their competitors.

I would strongly suggest sitting down and using what is between your ears to come up with your descriptions or even engaging a copywriter to help you with this, as long as it's a description specific to your services. If you were making sales from your gig using generated content for the description would probably still end in tears even if it was left there.

27 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Also no seller is likely to put (or would want to put) "This description was written with the help of ChatGPT" in the description. So that's going to put people off using it for descriptions even if it's allowed if they use something like that phrase.

I do not want to be rude here, but many people being told to do this do not have a firm grasp of English and are using this to cover up their deficiencies or even to offer services they do not understand. Imagine this. Someone who can barely string a sentence together uses chatGPT to generate a description for their service. A customer orders it (the service) without contacting them first, reaches out to the seller to ask some questions or request updates, and gets machine-translated replies that do not make sense. We have all seen them here. The seller gets a negative review, and the buyer gets annoyed and may not return.  Telling sellers they have to state in the description somewhere that they have used ChatGPT is probably a good idea, but a better idea is not to use it for gig descriptions at all.

• Like 3
  • Up 10

Yes, i think it was @uk1000 who said that, and I agree that people will not put up disclosures. If you start to look at what people are being told to do, not just on youtube, there is no way they will do this. I do not want to give people ideas, and Im not going to go into details, but they are being told to do some very unethical things with gigs from other sellers using chatGPT to create their gigs. Some of you probably know what I am alluding to. People using it in this way or to write complete gig descriptions are not going to want to let buyers know they don't have an original thought or are unable to write a description in English. They are not going to put any disclaimer unless forced to do so. At the moment, I don't see know how Fiverr is going to enforce this, but if they manage to, I'm sure there will be hundreds of posts on the forum saying they didn't know it wasn't allowed and were following what they were told to do by other sellers.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

5 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Sorry @uk1000 - you said it all here. 😊

I'm not sure if it's off-putting for these folks - most likely they just won't consider the possibility of including that disclaimer in their gig descriptions. I don't think it's an option in their brains.

5 hours ago, uk1000 said:

They should really say there what the rules are re: using it in gig descriptions.

I hope that's the next step for Fiverr.  They've already shown sellers what AI can do. Now they really need to clarify and bring awareness on how to use it responsibly (and list out specifically what is acceptable or unacceptable behavior).

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, sandyroseus1 said:

Your problem is just as native Indian. 

No, @tyagijatin's issue happened because his gig was written using AI (and the gig description/FAQ didn't disclose that AI was used to write the description). This is misleading for buyers and violates Fiverr ToS. It has nothing to do with him being from India.

• Like 6

On 2/12/2023 at 2:55 PM, jabirahamed20 said:

Doing social Media marketing : ) 

11 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @tyagijatin,

Probably not.

However, you can learn from your mistakes by studying Fiverr's Intellectual Property standards here:

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/intellectual-property

And Fiverr's updated Community Standards here:

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/Product-abuse

I tried to warn sellers so that they could take action to prevent their accounts/gigs from being shut down in this post here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/299053-👀-check-out-fiverrs-updated-community-standards/

There was also a post about AI standards in which Yoav (Fiverr's Engagement and Education Manager) stated clearly that you may not use AI to communicate with buyers, but you can use AI in your description and deliveries if you fully disclose that you are using AI in your gig descriptions and order chats.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/299183-live-blogging-fiverr-ai-webinar/?do=findComment&comment=1884634

You might want to read the whole thread, not just the post that I tagged.

follow this 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sandyroseus1 said:

using AI

Again, the problem isn't just specific to Indian sellers. There are sellers from other countries in the same situation:

48 minutes ago, markp said:

they are being told to do some very unethical things with gigs from other sellers using chatGPT to create their gigs.

51 minutes ago, markp said:

I don't see know how Fiverr is going to enforce this, but if they manage to, I'm sure there will be hundreds of posts on the forum saying they didn't know it wasn't allowed and were following what they were told to do by other sellers.

Sellers should stop relying on others telling them what to do. They should read Fiverr's ToS and Community Standards and start thinking for themselves so that they can do business the right way, in accordance with Fiverr's standards, and following basic standards for honesty and ethics.

• Like 1
  • Up 6

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

Sellers should stop relying on others telling them what to do.

Asking on a forum and relying on everything said there without any due dilligence is pretty much that seller's fault. I started using the forum months after I got started, I already had a few hundred sales at that time. It's better to read everything you can, understand the rules, etc. And obviously if a person doesn't know English, they should learn it at least until they have an acceptable level. I mean on an English speaking platform, this should be a priority. Unfortunately we all know this is not going to happen and people will always rely on others telling them what to do and those "tell me how to generate lots of sales" posts will never end.

• Like 2
  • Up 1