Generative AI is a Disaster in the Making

maegan_bertrand

Yeah it is super icky. I don't want AI art. I'm a writer and I had someone use AI for art for me and not only could I tell, it was horrible. Now, using AI to make the character move after you draw it? Sure. I use fiverr because I want to work with people. The whole AI thing is just icky icky icky.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2023 at 9:39 AM, Yoav.M said:

We will share insights on the latest generative AI tools, the benefits of incorporating them into your work processes, and the best way to go about it. 

Our desire is to ease your way, to make you feel supported and to help you become more successful with us.

We want to enlighten your thoughts about the use of AI on Fiverr, and how it can be beneficial for you.

Just asking, are we being terminated slowly?

• Like 12
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I just ordered a blog post gig on fiverr and got back a purely written AI post. 

The gig promised researched and original content and post. I received nothing of that but a blog post as cold as a damn rock.

no research done or ANYTHING. And it wasn’t even disclosed in the gig description that it would be using AI.

never buying from fiverr again, No seller on the website can be trusted ✌🏻

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Good point. While AI may impact many jobs in many ways, I do not think it can completely replace human jobs. We need to realize that the human civilization is like a rolling stone and whenever we get to a new points of innovation, we discover creative ways to use those innovations for our benefit. Some decades or a century or two ago, humans were scared that computers would replace them. Today, we use computers to boost our productivity. It wont be different with AI. 

• Like 20
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

In all honesty this thought crossed my mind many times earlier but now I realise that to be one step ahead of AI in the job market, we need to make AI our friend and guide. We need to upskill ourselves and work with AI tools to give better results in work. Those of us who refuse to change with the changing times that AI has brought us in, are at a higher risk of being replaced by AI.

ADVICE: Upskill yourself and make yourself relevant. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, vannievans said:

I do not think it can completely replace human jobs

Actually, It can, I've seen many interviews with people on google, Amazon, etc they say!

over the year yes it is possible to take over their role!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Artificial intelligence is transforming many industries and freelancing is no exception. As more businesses turn to AI to automate tasks and improve efficiency, Fiverr sellers must stay informed and adapt their strategies accordingly.

- How is AI changing the types of services businesses seek on Fiverr?

- Are certain kinds of gigs more at risk of being automated than others?

- How can Fiverr sellers use AI to their advantage rather than seeing it as a threat?

- What new opportunities might arise as AI becomes more prevalent in the industry?

Whether you're a seasoned Fiverr seller or just getting started, this conversation will offer valuable insights into the role that AI is playing in the future of freelancing. 

• Like 10
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

- It's not changing the type. I'm simply seeking the same ones less often.
- Repetitive, low variance gigs where all the deliveries are basically the same are at higher risk of automation. The more tailored and bespoke the results need to be, the less it's able to be automated.
- Sellers can use AI to fill in the repetitive, low variance components of their deliveries so they can focus on the parts that need to be more tailored and bespoke.
- AI Prompt Creation is a new form of programming with a deep pool of domain knowledge to gain and leverage. Converging an analog skillset with an AI Prompt skillset will let someone move into a new tier of productivity single-speciality professionals cannot hope to achieve. For example, someone who makes AI photos but knows nothing about photography will only ever make generic photos at the level of casual vacationer pics. A professional photographer who knows the difference between focal lengths, shutter speed, and depth of field and how to get the AI to use that information will be able to craft images which are akin to Lucie Award winners within minutes for any topic.

• Like 13
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, nasimamom said:

Yes, and This is very unfortunate! but we need to update with AI and try to find it's opportunity 

Besides that, there also have so many New opportunities We may need to grab these, in order to survive!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just like when digital tools came out people who did things with paper might lose jobs, we now have to adapt to stay relevant.

This happens all the time, learn to adapt and see if you can make AI help you create better work.

Always try and stay at the top by looking at current trends and also what future trends will be in business.

• Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Whilst AI may eventually function well enough to replace all humans, why would anyone want it to? It's here, and we need to accept and embrace it, and it will change the employment market, but I don't believe that we're all in danger of becoming jobless and destitute. And if people have no jobs and no income, then how would economies thrive? Will AI also develop the need and ability to go out and buy stuff and book holidays for some downtime?
Unless we all end up with a universal basic income, we need to be able to earn money to spend money. It has brought us new challenges (but also enormous benefits). Some people are using AI to save money by not hiring a human, and some are using it to paste over their undeveloped skills or laziness. But it's not everyone, and if AI replaces us completely, then we lose a fundamental need: human connection, collaboration and exchange. 
That's my humble opinion. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 1:29 PM, vannievans said:

Good point. While AI may impact many jobs in many ways, I do not think it can completely replace human jobs. We need to realize that the human civilization is like a rolling stone and whenever we get to a new points of innovation, we discover creative ways to use those innovations for our benefit. Some decades or a century or two ago, humans were scared that computers would replace them. Today, we use computers to boost our productivity. It wont be different with AI. 

Yes it wont replace all job... rather than need a team of ten a company might only need 2. Ai artists will still need traditional illustrating or retouching skills. They will just get many results much quicker.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

Like most creatives, I’m worried about the impact AI will have on my business. In truth, I have seen a slowdown in the last 6 months, which could be AI related. It’s always hard to tell with fiverr as the work seems to come in waves. Anyway…

I think Fiverr just doesn’t want to get left behind. The world is embracing AI and if they’re not offering it, competitors will. I agree the legal and ethical ramifications are tricky, but that’s true across the board. As long as Fiverr is saying the right things (such as “make sure you own the rights to anything you create”) I guess they’re protected.

Personally, I’d rather see AI used to make the process quicker for users.

For example, translations in the inbox (that are much better), quick questions (“what time will it be for the buyer at 6pm, my time?”), and AI that can assist in writing long messages (which the user can review and edit before sending).

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I do not agree with Fiverr's position to completely block creative people who have been able to start mastering AI technologies.

In my case I am providing services to people who want to improve their images in photos on social networks, I have been able to make a good income selling this service to people via the internet and friends. So I saw Fiverr as the best platform to be able to offer this service, and Fiveer instead of indicating or guiding me on what things I can offer with the use of AI like StableDifussion, has simply completely blocked me without even giving me the opportunity to edit my services eliminating those who may violate the law.

As a result I have had to open my channel on telegram and continue selling through acquaintances.

I understand that Fiverr should review what is allowed and what is not, instead of just blocking everything.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, melanielm said:

What? They have whole sections for AI services. Who are they blocking?

My services include training personalized AI with the client's face, and I include an image generation service with the specific prompts that the client then requests.

Fiveer completely blocked my Gig, after so many hours creating it, and it was only blocked. Then I read in detail the policies to which it refers, but they don't let me edit the Gig either.

I understand that it is a very new technology, but they are closing the doors to creative people who are entering this world.

I understand that Fiverr should review in detail how to deal with this issue.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, estebanep said:

Then I read in detail the policies to which it refers, but they don't let me edit the Gig either.

Did they never tell you what exact rule it was breaking? There's other gigs doing the same thing. And for copyright reasons it would probably be better for it to be trained more on the things they held the rights to than using the default.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Did they never tell you what exact rule it was breaking? There's other gigs doing the same thing. And for copyright reasons it would probably be better for it to be trained more on the things they held the rights to than using the default.

That's what I mean. After reading the policies in detail, because before that I didn't know I was doing something wrong, but then I read the policies in detail and certainly only one thing was out of those policies, however they do not allow me to edit the gig of so that I can adapt to their policies...they just blocked the gig completely.

And okay, what I mean is that I think they should start being a little more flexible with the new creators and vendors of AI-based services.

• Like 5
  • Up 1