Let's Share Funny Memes and Gifs

vickiespencer

Adobe hadn’t got such a predatory pricing plan. 😦

I keep getting offers to buy Adobe, but I do not purchase it because I would not use it. But I am getting tired of getting bugged by Microsoft to upgrade my cloud!

buy Adobe

There’s the problem. You can’t “buy” Adobe software now, you can only rent them. Creative Cloud goes by monthly plans.

In the 2000s, one piece of Adobe software costed 599 bucks, a new version would come out every 3 years and you could upgrade for a cheaper fee. Hell, they even had the cheap beginners’ versions - called “Elements” - at 99$ or something! And it wouldn’t even be outdated until over a decade later. My man Masahiro Ito over here still uses Photoshop CS3 to draw and he hasn’t upgraded his tablet since 2004 because of the bad plan and the hardware compatibility respectively.

Now if you want the entire photo suite plus something else you have to pay 700$ a year, it won’t launch the morning after you forget to renew the plan, and if your internet doesn’t work it also wants you to die. 😔

I do graphic design on Fiverr, then for my own interests some video and photo editing. I have bought Vegas for 22€ thanks to Humble Bundle (charity platform where you buy X software/ebooks/games for Y donation) which can absolve for After Effects’ duties, and InkScape (free) can do non-professional AI, but as for photo editing… well, let’s not talk about GIMP. 😒

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

buy Adobe

There’s the problem. You can’t “buy” Adobe software now, you can only rent them. Creative Cloud goes by monthly plans.

In the 2000s, one piece of Adobe software costed 599 bucks, a new version would come out every 3 years and you could upgrade for a cheaper fee. Hell, they even had the cheap beginners’ versions - called “Elements” - at 99$ or something! And it wouldn’t even be outdated until over a decade later. My man Masahiro Ito over here still uses Photoshop CS3 to draw and he hasn’t upgraded his tablet since 2004 because of the bad plan and the hardware compatibility respectively.

Now if you want the entire photo suite plus something else you have to pay 700$ a year, it won’t launch the morning after you forget to renew the plan, and if your internet doesn’t work it also wants you to die. 😔

I do graphic design on Fiverr, then for my own interests some video and photo editing. I have bought Vegas for 22€ thanks to Humble Bundle (charity platform where you buy X software/ebooks/games for Y donation) which can absolve for After Effects’ duties, and InkScape (free) can do non-professional AI, but as for photo editing… well, let’s not talk about GIMP. 😒

My brother initially installed adobe illustrator and Photoshop for free (torrented) back in 2019. Learned how to use it thoroughly and then recently renting it both of them after making my first income on my second computer.

I don’t regret renting it as it adds value to the app knowing you are paying for it and you end up using it to the fullest potential.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, maybe these have already made their debut here,

What, you did not want to read through the other 340 posts to see if you had any repeats? 😉

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...