Reliving the Emotion: Share Your Experience Receiving Your First Order πŸ˜€βœŒοΈ

malkolmx

Take a trip down memory lane with us!

Do you remember the thrill and excitement you felt when you received your first order/gig?
Share with us, how did you feel, and what was going through your mind?
Let's relive those memories and bring back the motivation.

So, describe your feeling when you received your first order?

• Like 31
  • Up 1

Something along the lines of "Phew, good, so this is a real thing, and wasn't just some sophisticatedly elaborate and skilled scheme to get my email address." Yes, I'm a natural sceptic. However, Fiverr has been nothing but stellar, a 5-star discovery.

Person who placed the first order on my Gig back then, Thank You!Β  (Just on the probably very off chance that you're reading this, and remember, too, been some years, I hope life's been good to you!)

PS

Fiverr, There's a missed chance in there, a badge and nice title for buyers who place the first order for a new seller, "Adventurer", or "Discoverer", or "Start-up Accelerator", or something.Β 

• Like 23
  • Up 3

On 2/3/2023 at 12:39 AM, vibronx said:

β€œOh, that’s nice. I better do a good job.” 
Β 

That was about it. Not really any big thrill as Fiverr wasn’t a big priority at all for me at the time. It was more of a hobby.

nice, keep the work up πŸ™‚

• Like 21

On 2/3/2023 at 1:29 AM, maheennadeem814 said:

I was overjoyed when I received my first order on Fiverr during my second month of being a member of the platform. It was a moment of excitement and thrill as all the hard work and effort put into creating my profile and offering my services finally paid off.Β 

Keep it, a moment like this we can pin on our wall. πŸ˜€

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

On 02.02.2023 at 22:47, malkolmx said:

Π‘ΠΎΠ²Π΅Ρ€ΡˆΠΈΡ‚Π΅ ΠΏΡƒΡ‚Π΅ΡˆΠ΅ΡΡ‚Π²ΠΈΠ΅ ΠΏΠΎ ΠΏΠ΅Ρ€Π΅ΡƒΠ»ΠΊΡƒ памяти вмСстС с Π½Π°ΠΌΠΈ!

Π’Ρ‹ ΠΏΠΎΠΌΠ½ΠΈΡ‚Π΅ Ρ‚Ρ€Π΅ΠΏΠ΅Ρ‚ ΠΈ Π²ΠΎΠ»Π½Π΅Π½ΠΈΠ΅, ΠΊΠΎΡ‚ΠΎΡ€Ρ‹Π΅ Π²Ρ‹ испытали, ΠΊΠΎΠ³Π΄Π° ΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡƒΡ‡ΠΈΠ»ΠΈ свой ΠΏΠ΅Ρ€Π²Ρ‹ΠΉ Π·Π°ΠΊΠ°Π·/ΠΊΠΎΠ½Ρ†Π΅Ρ€Ρ‚?
ΠŸΠΎΠ΄Π΅Π»ΠΈΡ‚Π΅ΡΡŒ с Π½Π°ΠΌΠΈ, ΠΊΠ°ΠΊ Π²Ρ‹ сСбя чувствовали ΠΈ Ρ‡Ρ‚ΠΎ происходило Ρƒ вас Π² Π³ΠΎΠ»ΠΎΠ²Π΅?
Π”Π°Π²Π°ΠΉΡ‚Π΅ ΠΎΠΆΠΈΠ²ΠΈΠΌ эти воспоминания ΠΈ Π²Π΅Ρ€Π½Π΅ΠΌ ΠΌΠΎΡ‚ΠΈΠ²Π°Ρ†ΠΈΡŽ.

Π˜Ρ‚Π°ΠΊ, ΠΎΠΏΠΈΡˆΠΈΡ‚Π΅ свои ощущСния, ΠΊΠΎΠ³Π΄Π° ΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡƒΡ‡ΠΈΠ»ΠΈ свой ΠΏΠ΅Ρ€Π²Ρ‹ΠΉ Π·Π°ΠΊΠ°Π·?

I haven't received my first order yet, but I'm already very worriedπŸ˜”β˜ΊοΈβ˜ΊοΈ
  • Like 21
  • Congrats! 1

β€œHello kind sir. I hear you deal with … problems.”

These were the words of my first fiverrian customer.

β€œSure,” I said - knowing about as much about NASA engineering as I did this customer’s inquiry, β€œwhat seems to be the issue?”

β€œI need a problem to go away.” Came the quick reply.

I sat transfixed on the primitive 2013 fiverr message layout. Weird conclusions ran through my heated face. Sentences formed and dissolved under my unmoving fingers at the keypad.

”Do I know you?” I finally responded.

”No,” began the stranger, β€œbut I know you.”

I read the weird inquirer’s name aloud.

”ThePastReturns.”

Now, there’s only a certain collection of circumstances by which you welcome the impromptu return of your past:

Circumstance 1: You run into your ex and their ugly spouse. Also, you’ve become a bodybuilder. And your tank tops run extremely low.

Come to think of it, that’s pretty much it.

”I’m sorry,” I started, β€œI think you have me confused with someone else. I offer music services. Writing. Recording. That kinda thing.”

”Let’s not be coy. I know exactly what services you offer. I’m here for the other kind.”

β€œSir,” I shot back, β€œwhatever services you think I offer just aren’t on the menu. So unless you need a song about writing the wrong person crazy messages - well, then I can’t help you.” 

β€œSure thing, Tommy - that isΒ what you’re calling yourself these days right?”

As if by habit I checked my screen name. No sign of β€œTommy” anywhere. Who was this weirdo? How did he know my name? And just what did he think I was in the business of?

I decided on a new tactic entirely.

”Alright skip, gimmie the details.”

”His name is Bryan Gary.” Said the stranger.

β€œTwo first names,” I retorted, β€œsickening.”

”He has lunch everyday at 1:45 at the Blue Temper bar. I will include a picture in the mailbox located immediately to the left of the bar entrance. Please quote me.”

”35.” I shot back without hesitation, β€œUnmarked. And unscented too. Unless you have that nice lemon scent - then let’s make it that.”

”Done.”

And with that, the stranger was silent.

I never found out the identity of ThePastReturns. If he really knew me is likely to always remain a mystery. But to a larger degree - I learned a lot about the online freelance environment. The ease with which mistakes are made and the hardship of slipping into a true sense of security. With that said, I also learned the true value of a β€œgig extra.”

I also learned that you should never order the nachos at the β€œBlue Temper Bar.” Especially when working on a deadline.Β 

• Like 21
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, florenciafarkas said:

ΠΌΠΎΠΉ ΠΏΠ΅Ρ€Π²Ρ‹ΠΉ Π·Π°ΠΊΠ°Π· закончился ΠΎΡ‚ΠΌΠ΅Π½ΠΎΠΉ ΠΈ ΠΎΡ‡Π΅Π½ΡŒ ΠΏΠ»ΠΎΡ…ΠΈΠΌ ΠΊΠ»ΠΈΠ΅Π½Ρ‚ΠΎΠΌ (Π΄ΠΎ сСгодняшнСго дня я Π΄ΡƒΠΌΠ°ΡŽ Ρ‡Ρ‚ΠΎ ΠΎΠ½ Π±Ρ‹Π» Ρ‚Ρ€ΠΎΠ»Π»Π΅ΠΌ) Π½ΠΎ я Π½Π΅ сдалась ΠΈ Ρ‚Π΅ΠΏΠ΅Ρ€ΡŒ Ρƒ мСня ΠΌΠ½ΠΎΠ³ΠΎ Ρ…ΠΎΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΡ… ΠΊΠ»ΠΈΠ΅Π½Ρ‚ΠΎΠ²Β  πŸ₯°

НаучитС мСня, поТалуйста πŸ€—

• Like 20

On 2/3/2023 at 12:47 AM, malkolmx said:

So, describe your feeling when you received your first order?

I was a student back then, and I was so happy about it.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, developernusrat said:

As an AI language model

Seems like chat gpt is on fiverr .. hahaha ..Β 

• Like 15
  • Haha 5

Super panicked when my first client asked me to create an order but I didn't know how.πŸ˜…

But also super lucky the client is very kind and taught me how to create the order. Haha...

It was a voice over for game character and recently the client reached out to me again to share the game is finally on steam.😁

Β 

Β 

• Like 15
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 2

A mixed feeling of excitement and worry. I wanted to give the best to my customer,and I was worried that I might not have been able to do my best. So, I was pushing harder to produce the best work possible! πŸ™‚Β Excited, because I wanted to produce something beautiful, productive, helpful for my customer.Β 

Β 

Lucky for me, that first customer was happy with the end result....Β πŸ₯°

• Like 19

Oh, super excited! I've only had one so far, but I had this gigantic grin on my face as I got the notification.Β 

And then the nerves struck and I was internally panicking about doing a good job. Which is funny, because I'm essentially just offering what I do for my day job anyway. Freelancing hits different, I guess...thankfully I was worried for nothing. Did the work quickly, got paid, got a good review and even a tip!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2023 at 9:26 AM, florenciafarkas said:

my first order ended in cancellation and a very bad customer (until today I think he was a troll) but I did not give up and now I have many good customersΒ πŸ₯°

WOW, sound looks motivation for us who will still try. πŸ’Ÿ

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 3

On 2/6/2023 at 7:00 PM, ubun97 said:

Super panicked when my first client asked me to create an order but I didn't know how.πŸ˜…

But also super lucky the client is very kind and taught me how to create the order. Haha...

It was a voice over for game character and recently the client reached out to me again to share the game is finally on steam.😁

Β 

Β 

What a lucky you are. Some clients are strict. 🀣

• Like 17

It was a special moment in my life when I got my first order and I felt both super excited and super nervous at the same time because I wanted to do my best. I didn't know know what I was doing but I made it and got a good review and a tip too. And after my first order I kept having orders like every single day without a single bad client but unfortunately things didn't end well because I didn't know academic work was against Fiverr's TOS and without a single warning my profile got banned. Now I have a new account and I'm trying my best to establish myself again.Β πŸ™‚

• Like 14
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 4:44 AM, designelitely said:

A mixed feeling of excitement and worry. I wanted to give the best to my customer,and I was worried that I might not have been able to do my best. So, I was pushing harder to produce the best work possible! πŸ™‚Β Excited, because I wanted to produce something beautiful, productive, helpful for my customer.Β 

Β 

Lucky for me, that first customer was happy with the end result....Β πŸ₯°

hahaπŸ˜„, feeling that makes you more effective, is your first order difficult?Β 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2