Favorite Season?

brillzart

Hello. 👋

Time for another fun topic to discuss! 😄

What is your favorite season of the year? 

I know that for some people it's summertime, while for others it's wintertime. For me, it's summertime, and I'm loving the heat. 🤣

But maybe you prefer when it's cooler, so let me know your opinion down below! 

• Like 14

I was born in the area with temperature going to minus 50C so I am absolutely not a winter person even though I lived most of my life in the snow. 
I moved now to a country with all year long summer and can not be happier even though it’s super hot and sweating is brutal 🙈 

I am curious to see if there are a lot of “winter” people here. 

But my argument is always the same: you will not die if you fall asleep for 2 hours on the street in the heat but you will most definitely in the winter when it’s even below 10C degrees. (I’m not even talking about -50C) 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 13
  • Up 4

12 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I was born in the area with temperature going to minus 50C so I am absolutely not a winter person even though I lived most of my life in the snow. 

Daaamn, that sounds brutal! 🥶

I have been around snow too, so I know how that's like at least. 

13 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I moved now to a country with all year long summer and can not be happier even though it’s super hot and sweating is brutal 🙈

Ahhh, that sounds so nice!!

Besides the sweating part, that sounds ideal for me, I would love an all-year long summer.

14 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I am curious to see if there are a lot of “winter” people here. 

But my argument is always the same: you will not die if you fall asleep for 2 hours on the street in the heat but you will most definitely in the winter when it’s even below 10C degrees. (I’m not even talking about -50C) 

I actually know quite a few winter people, but also the kinds of winters they experience range from 4-10 degrees, so nothing compared to -50 (I wrote those degrees in Celsius). 

Your argument is actually legit, I may or may not want to borrow it for the next time I have to convince a person that summers are awesome. 😂

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

was born in the area with temperature going to minus 50C

The coldest I remember it getting in my part of the world was -40C, but when it gets that cold it is frigid no matter what!

38 minutes ago, brillzart said:

What is your favorite season of the year? 

I like fall. I am not a fan of 30C and above. Give me colorful fall days of 22C any time.

1643067613_ScreenShot2022-07-18at9_20_26PM.thumb.png.92dda2735f08d9fbaa19c1483001c343.png

• Like 12

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

I like fall. I am not a fan of 30C and above. Give me colorful fall days of 22C any time.

1643067613_ScreenShot2022-07-18at9_20_26PM.thumb.png.92dda2735f08d9fbaa19c1483001c343.png

I love fall too, @vickiespencer! Just looking at your picture of the colorful leaves makes me happy. I think there's a bit of magic in the fall with swirling leaves, strange winds, and colder days. I love layering up, drinking hot chocolate, and eating pumpkin pie and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Growing up, fall was my month (so I'm also a little biased). 😊 I was born in fall and my three sisters were born in winter, spring, and summer!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I am curious to see if there are a lot of “winter” people here

You have found one, in Middle East.

I like summer, its nice and bright out there, uplifts your spirit no lie. But I HATE THE SUN and sun hates me back. In summers, i allways have burns, my skin is allways peeling. You dont need to step into the light, even wind burns, its like being attacked by a dragon. Second i get away from an air conditioner i need to change my shirt. I cant sleep when its hot. There are many bugs and flies all over. I cant even look straight because of the brigtness, i always squint my eyes like Clint Eastwood. Drinking a cold beer only works for 7.5 seconds. Combine all of those with salt water and its worse. So i cant enjoy beaches too. It is disgusting and painful. You will not die if you fall asleep for 2 hours, but you will get 2nd degree burns if you take a stroll for 10 minutes.

But i like winter. I must admit our winters are not that harsh. We got 0 degrees, sometimes it snows. But there is a cold breeze out there keeps you awake, you can have a hot coffee, hot chocolate or a hot wine, stand in front of a fireplace and enjoy your evening. And if its too cold outside, you can always wear some additional layer. I can even breath better in winter. An additional plus is you can breath cold fog out of your mouth. This time, i am the dragon.

No wonder i draw undead monsters to make living.

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, ozan_erdi said:

You dont need to step into the light, even wind burns

Oh well, the winter wind hurts even more 😉 it’s like a thousand needles on your face and getting through your bones, cold burns too by the way, it feels like your skin is on fire 

But if it’s a winter with 0 degrees I don’t consider it a winter 🙈 that’s almost a summer 😅 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Oh well, the winter wind hurts even more 😉 it’s like a thousand needles on your face and getting through your bones, cold burns too by the way, it feels like your skin is on fire 

But if it’s a winter with 0 degrees I don’t consider it a winter 🙈 that’s almost a summer 😅 

You got your point. I'll give you that. But you can wear a hoodie and turn your back. It cant hurt if you have your coat on. But i'll take that any day instead of the constant heatwave and swarm of monsters. 

But i have to admit, im built more for winter. I have a weaker skin, and underneath i have a cozy layer of mass. Specially in middle east situations, those two goes very well in winter and deadly in summer.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I love spring and summer roughly equally: there's something just charming as the first flowers bloom and the air gets warmer slowly.... And then, obviously, beach days are the best. Lying under the sun without having much to do....

So, obviously, being an I don't like the cold person when I had the means to leave my home country for good (well, mostly) I moved to...

Sweden.

Yes.

Summer here is like... spring in some other places. Still beautiful but why all those beaches if they are too cold to swim in?
(jokes aside, love it here but still ironic!)

• Like 8

I personally prefer winter, but it really depends on the country you live in.

I live in Italy and we span from 40° in Summer to below 0° in Winter (all in Celsius of course).

For example my sister-in-law is Australian and says she always said she loves winter as well, but simply because she always lived the Australian """""winter""""" (in case you didn't notice COMPLETELY DIPPED IN QUOTES). The day she experienced the Italian winter she rapidly changed her mind about the season 😂

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

If I had to choose between summer and winter, it's winter.
In Tokyo, it's humid. I can take the heat, but the humidity is just......annoying.

I can wear a tanktop, I can drink ice cold water, but it will never cool me down unless I turn on the AC.
If it's cold on the other hand, I just need to wear an extra layer of heat-tech and drink hot tea and that will keep me warm.
(I'm talking about Tokyo winter BTW)
In other words, I have SOME control.

Having that said, I guess autumn is the best season.
Not too hot, not too cold, juuuuuust right.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

This is off topic, but have you ever considered creating a writing gig?

Because of my vampiric qualities against the sun? 😄 

I havent to be honest, but i see what do you mean, which now i will take as a compliment. Buuuut, well 😄  I have no definitive answer.

Btw, yeah i like autumn too. Its a fun day.

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 7