Is this possible? 7 year old order cancelled.

shifan

Hi All,

I was surprised to see a message in Fiverr app saying my order completion is below 90% and the funds available has been reduced by the order value. So I checked what order was cancelled. It turns out the order was completed seven years ago.

I like to know from you guys what could be the reason for such a cancellation and is it fair that order should affect my current completion rate.

Thank you

Shifan 🙂 

• Like 10
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, shifan said:

I like to know from you guys what could be the reason for such a cancellation and is it fair that order should affect my current completion rate.

Maybe the buyer did a chargeback? But I don't think chargebacks can be done beyond 6 months.

I don't think it should affect your completion rate - both because its been 7 years and also you did the work........

Why should it affect your completion rate when I thought the completion rate follows the last 60 days (?)

Also did you have a lot of cancellations lately? Because one cancelled order hardly ever causes your rate going below 90 percent directly.

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1

6 hours ago, shifan said:

Hi All,

I was surprised to see a message in Fiverr app saying my order completion is below 90% and the funds available has been reduced by the order value. So I checked what order was cancelled. It turns out the order was completed seven years ago.

Thank you

Shifan 🙂 

I once got a delivery from a seller that turned out to be stolen property. The video intro I ordered 4 years ago was basically stolen and my wife, who used the video on some videos on Youtube, got a copyright strike for it. 

You can be damn sure I contacted customer support, got the order cancelled, and reported the user. I also sent the username to the original copyright owners along with documentation of my order, and they removed the strike from Youtube. 

I seriously hope they went after the seller with all their might. 

Selling stolen property should not go unpunished. 

I'm not saying you did something like this! It just goes to show that yes, if a buyer found out that they had a rightful reason to cancel the order, it could happen years later. 

As to the reason for your cancellation, you need to take that up with customer support. They might be able to tell you why. 

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

***Update***

I contacted the cs, they said this was cancelled because "it looked like" the order was incomplete. In fact the order was completed and even tipped by the buyer.

They have refunded the earnings. They said they cannot do anything about it.

It's really unfair. 😐

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

I once got a delivery from a seller that turned out to be stolen property. The video intro I ordered 4 years ago was basically stolen and my wife, who used the video on some videos on Youtube, got a copyright strike for it. 

You can be damn sure I contacted customer support, got the order cancelled, and reported the user. I also sent the username to the original copyright owners along with documentation of my order, and they removed the strike from Youtube. 

I seriously hope they went after the seller with all their might. 

Selling stolen property should not go unpunished. 

I'm not saying you did something like this! It just goes to show that yes, if a buyer found out that they had a rightful reason to cancel the order, it could happen years later. 

As to the reason for your cancellation, you need to take that up with customer support. They might be able to tell you why. 

This has nothing to do with the buyer. Fiverr cancelled the order thinking it was incomplete.

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 1

4 hours ago, ssj1236 said:

Two "incomplete" orders I had in my queue for years automatically got canceled today. I'm guessing Fiverr is cleaning up overdue incomplete orders. 

I have 30+ of those and none of them were canceled. 

I guess I should expect dozens of cancellations my way, if what you guys are saying is true 🙂

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 2

5 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I guess I should expect dozens of cancellations my way, if what you guys are saying is true 🙂

Yeah, they are have started doing that. Hope none of the complete orders get affected.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Ok so I was wrong. An order from 3 years ago just got cancelled. The order was from 2019 and have a 5 star review + a tip. Have to contact support and ask what happened. 

• Like 7
  • Up 4

15 hours ago, shifan said:

***Update***

I contacted the cs, they said this was cancelled because "it looked like" the order was incomplete. In fact the order was completed and even tipped by the buyer.

It's really unfair. 😐

Seems the same has happened to me. I'm contacting support but this is proper weird. 

15 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I don't know whether this is going to roll out to everyone but if it does then a lot of people are in for a surprise. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, shifan said:

***Update***

It's really unfair. 😐

You should discuss with CS to repair your cancelation rate and back your reputation. 

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 1

18 minutes ago, ssj1236 said:

I don't know whether this is going to roll out to everyone but if it does then a lot of people are in for a surprise. 

It already did for me. They canceled the oldest orders for me, from 2019. I still have a ton of incomplete orders from 2020, but I guess those might be newer than the current purge's requirements. :)) 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It already did for me. They canceled the oldest orders for me, from 2019. I still have a ton of incomplete orders from 2020, but I guess those might be newer than the current purge's requirements. :)) 

Haha! Does it not bother you to see them stuck on your dashboard for years?

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 2

59 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Well some people do come back and finish their order. At this point I just ignore the incomplete orders🙂

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, theratypist said:

I had one order in revision for years there that also got cancelled with this clean up. But to be honest the client was such a prick that I would’ve been happier to see it in eternal revision rather than client getting a refund. 🙈

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Congrats! 1

17 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I just looked, having had 3 incomplete orders sitting for years. the 2 that were close to 5 years old are gone, the one that is 2 years old remains. Did not affect my metrics. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I still have a ton of incomplete orders from 2020, but I guess those might be newer than the current purge's requirements. :)) 

I have a current incomplete order (direct order, worth $25, with zero communication from the customer), which I messaged them about on the order page on the day they ordered, and again recently, after giving them 14 days to dig out their file or ponder their requirements, or whatever, still no reaction. I was going to cancel it from my side (and see if the Help Center is right with its claim that you can cancel such orders without effect on your order completion rate, but maybe I should leave it be for scientific reasons, to find out what the purge time limit is 🤔

But... 

1 hour ago, theratypist said:

Yes, I think it would bother me eventually. It also might turn into a major inconvenience if the person suddenly decided to go through with their order, while I'm in hospital, on holidays, without wifi,... 

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, shawnevian99 said:

So it looks like a 90% Order Completion rate is also coming my way 😅

These cancellations don't affect your completion rate. Unless they cancel a rightful order. But as far as I can see they are handling this manually. So unless it's a human error, there are no order completion problems.

• Like 11
  • Up 2

23 hours ago, theratypist said:

@donnovan86 I am reminded of your story on cancelled orders. But this time 7 years sounds extreme!

Well mine was actually canceled by someone, and I think 6 months is the limit. This seems to be Fiverr on a purge to cancel old, inactive orders. 

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1