New Blue ID "Verified" Check Mark

newsmike

5 hours ago, miiila said:

And we could have a turtle mascot.

Turtle? But, we already have a mascot... Capybara.

I would totally join a 'Forums Regulars' virtual meetup. (Even if it made me make a new account! (Which I really hate doing))

5 hours ago, miiila said:

Oh. I'm spending too much time here, again. 

🤣

Wha'd'y'know! Me too!

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Mycroft has whispered your name on several occasions. 

The reaction emoji choice needs 😬,😰, 😅, or similar. Maybe 😬 would be best, could also be used for dangerous tips that people shouldn't follow if they don't want to get banned, and such.

18 minutes ago, newsmike said:

We would have team jackets

I want a coat 😔 but we could have a debate then about that, I've heard that debates are a popular club activity.

17 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Turtle? But, we already have a mascot... Capybara

Right, okay then, I withdraw the 🐢 ... on the other ... it has an emoji, while the capybara ... hasn't, real pity. So, I guess the mascot issue needs to go on the debate list, too, or we can have a poll with a useful topic, for a change 😉

Too much time, yes. My excuse is a late lunch break and it being Friday, and it's nice and dry outside. Going back in to work now, though. 🗓️🕛

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 3:34 AM, miiila said:

Or just coffee, and that "eat coffee for lunch" Fiverr ad poster as a banner.

Would I be allowed to bring a sign saying "My ophthalmologist told me to quit coffee ASAP" and not eat coffee at the meeting? Or would it be unacceptable for Fiverr's image?

On 6/3/2022 at 3:34 AM, miiila said:

I suggest a Diogenes Club style club then

How about having Mycroft and a capybara (or Mycroft holding a capybara) as a mascot? 😸 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Would I be allowed to bring a sign saying "My ophthalmologist told me to quit coffee ASAP" and not eat coffee at the meeting? Or would it be unacceptable for Fiverr's image?

That's a good question. We'll probably need to request a webinar with Fiverr staff to cover this important topic. Perhaps green smoothies/avocado toasts are acceptable instead. Or maybe the resident coffeexpert @damooch916 has some valuable advice. Or you could keep posting it in one or two of the forum's question sections until you collected a representative sample of seller opinions and lean on that.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gddsakib said:

Interesting!! What is the requirement for getting this batch?

You have to have your account verified to get the blue check. Fiverr wants to make sure Fiverr has your email, phone number, and citizenship verified. Too many accounts use VPNs to say they are from a country they are not.

• Like 10

On 5/31/2022 at 6:17 AM, frank_d said:

It’s phase one of the solution to a wider problem on Fiverr.

The next phase will definitely shake things up a bit. 😉 

Oh boy this sounds super interesting. Looking forward to more news!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 9:32 AM, vickiespencer said:

You have to have your account verified to get the blue check. Fiverr wants to make sure Fiverr has your email, phone number, and citizenship verified. Too many accounts use VPNs to say they are from a country they are not.

Still waiting for mine and I have had my ID along with tax documents phone number and email all confirmed for years now... It is possible I just don't see it on my own account/profile yet?  

• Like 7
  • Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nenadmanojlovic

@frank_d you got me excited! can you give us a little peak into the new updates? 😛

On 5/31/2022 at 4:42 AM, miiila said:

I don't know about the US, but it's a big country, and I know that we, a much smaller country, have many people with bad grammar. I know what you're saying, of course, but not all of them might be cheating with their location, or disappear after a VPN check. 😉

But yes, there certainly are many using VPN to pretend being in/from specific countries.

Hmmm, sounds a little sketchy 😛 

23 minutes ago, nenadmanojlovic said:

Hmmm, sounds a little sketchy 😛 

Of course it's sketchy to use VPN to hide your location in order to get orders from people who'd not hire you if you didn't use VPN, but what I'm saying is that not everyone with bad grammar uses a VPN/isn't from the country they say they are from/is sketchy. Did you ever, for example, read YT comments in your native language that were certainly written by your countrypeople? It tends to make me doubt our school system, young people these days ;), or humankind as a whole. 😅

Of course, bad grammar, whether cheating about one's whereabouts or origin or not, can and should be a hard pass for some tasks, but not necessarily for all. I know, by the way, some very smart and studied people, hailing from my own country, with dubious grammar 😄. They apparently managed to skirt it somehow at school and uni, probably their talents in maths or IT, or such, were enough to balance it out. 

And then there are immigrants, who may have bad grammar but are not cheating with VPN. (They might be still cheating if they pretend to have grown up with (English), but that's another discussion.)

Anyway, a wonderful weekend to anyone, no matter their grammar fu!  

• Like 6

I used to see it on mine, then I went to Portugal for a few weeks and it disappeared. We’ll see if it comes back. 

I got my phone number verified. Was never asked for the passport, had a few video calls with fiverr through the years which, I guess, would serve as a confirmation of my face being consistently my face. 

• Like 5