New Blue ID "Verified" Check Mark

newsmike

5 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Interesting. Do you know what that means?

If you hover over it, it says Name, phone number and email verified, I believe there may be an IP check as well to make sure. It is definitely an ID related thing. 

• Like 19
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

Another one for today, I am wondering how many updates have we got within last 12 hrs. I just woke up and looking at the community with multiple new things is making me feel a newbie 

Edited by animie_video
wrong words
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, animie_video said:

Another one for today, I am wondering how many updates have we got within last 12 hrs. I just woke up and looking at the community with multiple different things is making me feel a newbie 

This ties into what @frank_d talked about when he said many cool changes were coming. 

• Like 19
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Ah, alright. I can't see it on mine, and I also have all those verified. I thought that was a mandatory thing, so everyone should get it eventually? If so it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I think it may be part of rooting out the VPN cheaters. 

• Like 16
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I can't see it on mine either, and went to check where it was on your profile @newmike in case I was being dim, and I can't see it on yours either!

image.png.70abc6d5f532fc98f0785ad4456ffeb4.png

I see your profile. It has been added to your username. I think you didn't check it 

po.png

• Like 16
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 3

11 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Exciting times!

I'm guessing not, but I hope that I won't have any issues given that I work away from the UK a lot.

No the next phase has nothing to do with location. It’s something bigger. 

• Like 16
  • Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

It's quite exciting and I am so curious to know that.
It could be fearful to those who're doing something wrong with this platform but I am eager to see what else is planned to find the scammers. 

Hopefully, at the end only authentic and original users will be here.  

• Like 14
  • Up 3

51 minutes ago, frank_d said:

What I can say is that this new thing will NOT affect legitimate and honest sellers. 🙂 

Let me guess, cheaters that are using VPNs to say they are from another country? Removing them would be great, you can easily spot them especially in the writing section with their bad grammar...yet they say they are born and living in the US. 

• Like 14
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, catwriter said:

Video verification that some new users asked about?

I hope not, I'd hate that.

I've done one, when registering with my neo bank, but yes, I hated it. For a similar thing, I had that option "in the comfort of your own home", or could walk to my local post office, and have them verify my identity, via my ID and seeing me in person, guess what, I chose the walk and the wait.

It's more than enough if companies have photos of my ID laying around in the internet for my tastes, but we won't get around it if we want to play, and they decide it's the thing to do. I'll survive it, I'll still hate it, though. 🙃

• Like 15
  • Up 4

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Let me guess, cheaters that are using VPNs to say they are from another country? Removing them would be great, you can easily spot them especially in the writing section with their bad grammar...yet they say they are born and living in the US. 

I don't know about the US, but it's a big country, and I know that we, a much smaller country, have many people with bad grammar. I know what you're saying, of course, but not all of them might be cheating with their location, or disappear after a VPN check. 😉

But yes, there certainly are many using VPN to pretend being in/from specific countries.

• Like 15