Strange contact messages on Telegram, is this normal?

alienone12

Hi I just recently joined Fiverr and have gotten several orders within weeks, but the only issue is that they keep telling me to T.G them (I don't know what that means?) then they pull out of the conversation. Are those real clients trying to get in touch with me or is those spam bots?

• Like 7
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its fake. 

Engaging outside Fiverr and sharing personal information can be risky. It's against Fiverr's Terms of Service to conduct transactions off the platform. Avoid sharing sensitive details or files outside the platform. Focus on communication within Fiverr's messaging system. If someone seems suspicious, report them to Fiverr support. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, dantebeatrix said:

Hello, 

I am new to posting Gigs Fiverr. I’ve noticed that potential buyers are asking me to go to Telegram to work with them. Is this normal? I’ve been responding that I like to keep everything on Fiverr.

Either this is a scam, or those who want to get their work done for free say this; it is better to report and block such people.

• Like 4

Sadly I have the same problem. But I also notice that Fiverr usually marks these messages as spam. I have been informed by friends on Fiverr that this is normal for new profiles. They have also assured me that after a while these spam messages will stop, and you will get real messages. In the meantime I respond to each message as if it is a real potential customer and emphasize that I only work through Fiverr. Wishing you success.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I got this lot on Thursday. I contacted the first guy and scrapped the rest. I have been playing this guy like a fish for 3 days now, I think he may be getting just a wee bit frustrated at this time  ha ha ha.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I `m Gabe and i`m new on the site.

I am getting a lot of messages from persoss inviting me to contact their Telegtam accounts for possible jobs.

Are these legit offers?  Are you guys getting this also?

thanks for your input

• Like 4

Hi @ladepa,

I recommend taking a minute to go through our Terms of Service, as well as our Forum Rules, before posting further and in case you have any questions or dilemmas.

Please report any user who violates them.

We cannot keep you safe outside Fiverr, all information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Fiverr's platform.

I've edited your post since providing other users' usernames is not allowed, and any additional violations can lead to restrictions or getting your account banned, so it's very important to get familiar with ToS and Rules.

Hope this helps 🍀

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ladepa said:

Hi all,

I `m Gabe and i`m new on the site.

I am getting a lot of messages from persoss inviting me to contact their Telegtam accounts for possiTelegram.

Are these legit offers?  Are you guys getting this also?

thanks for your input

Asking for continuing the chat and business outside Fiverr,  especially on Telegram, is both a violation of Fiverr rules and a 100% way to get scammed and provide free work for a scammer.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nur_khadijah said:

Hi everyone my name is Nur im a new member in fiver i just started a few days ago but suddenly there's a few chat idk is it legit or might be scam? They tell me to contact them thru Telegram or emails. Any adivce ?

Thank you

Hi there.

You should keep everything here on Fiverr. Communicating outside Fiverr is a violation of Term of Services (ToS). You can mark those kind of messages as spam.

As you are new here, take time to read the ToS to avoid this kind of things and to know more how Fiverr works.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey,

As the previous commenter said, you cant contact clients outside of fiverr. 

To add on, there is no good reason a client would want to contact you outside of Fiverr. Fiverr has inbuilt chat that can support video calls, attachments or anything the client could need.

I would report these people immediately, it won't affect your reply rate.

Best of luck!

• Like 2
  • Up 1

On 2/14/2024 at 11:30 PM, michmikaia said:

You should keep everything here on Fiverr. Communicating outside Fiverr is a violation of Term of Services (ToS). You can mark those kind of messages as spam.

As you are new here, take time to read the ToS to avoid this kind of things and to know more how Fiverr works.

Hey thank you for the awarness. 

On 2/15/2024 at 12:45 AM, j_c_consulting said:

As the previous commenter said, you cant contact clients outside of fiverr. 

To add on, there is no good reason a client would want to contact you outside of Fiverr. Fiverr has inbuilt chat that can support video calls, attachments or anything the client could need.

I would report these people immediately, it won't affect your reply rate.

hey Thank You for your awarness i hope i'll got sooner my client. 

On 2/15/2024 at 1:06 AM, faisaltushar said:

95% of the time people who drag you in telegram are scammers. There might be some good  people or legit client out there but most of the time it is not the case.

Thank you ! ^^

• Like 2

• 1 month later...