What if client give you bad review?

poojauiux

Question

11 answers to this question

Yes, they do affect your profile.

There are also private reviews, which mess up with your stats even more than the public ones if you get a negative one.

The most effective way to avoid a bad review is to have your customers' needs clear. If your gig can't satisfy those needs or you can't complete such a job, it's better to be clear to them before chaos ensues.

There are always customers who don't understand that we're not their employees nor slaves and would treat you very unfairly, asking for things out of the scope and then being mad they can't get away with that behavior. Buyers like those are a lot more likely to leave a negative review even if you did everything right and respectfully. In that case I would recommend to answer their review with your side of the story and make clear that you accomplished the tasks that were given, the problem was the buyer's attitude. If it's possible, rate them accordingly. Not all buyers deserve a 5 star rating, some are simply bad.

• Like 14
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poojauiux said:

I want to know that what will happen if a client give us a bad review in fiverr.

Yes, bad reviews badly affect the overall profile and decrease credibility. Clients will less likely to give you a project. Always try to provide quality work and improve your communication skills, that's what your client expects from you. Otherwise, you will get a bad review and ruin your profile. 

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

The impact of a bad review depends on how damaging it is and whether you have been doing a good job. 

image.png.321b55b667e1264d844b7d00e0071ecf.png

It is not the end of the world. My third review was a 2.3 star rating, and I though my fiverr career was over. I gave an honest review as to what happened and also a detailed response to his bad review, and received more work + reviews afterwards.

image.png.89300ca6925b2ef9dbc3f95b091dbcae.png

Avoid giving argumentative, short, vague responses to negative reviews; give thorough and thoughtful responses. I believe that if you are an honest seller and display integrity, customers will recognize this and be more likely to order from you.

While I was disheartened when that buyer gave me a 2.3-star review, I now have over 200+ reviews and am doing just fine. I am more selective with which clients I work with, and avoid working with buyers who cannot communicate well.

And this is just 1 day: 

image.png.7d2c8bebf964bcca727d294ce5714df1.png

image.png.fdfa7f09c5a8aedc4dad0859f4009ae5.png

image.png.799e853be89488109babc0d562c5fa3b.png

image.png.28f12e62de8c53b5153a206571e3b91c.png

Since I received the 2.3 star rating, I have been selective in the jobs that I take. While I don't get a lot of work for many many months, the algorithm has grown to love me more over time and this has worked out okay for me. The algorithm seems to love me just fine.

Be aware of the obvious landmines when communicating with buyers. You don't need to work with all of them.

It may not be a good idea to take the above advice at first glance. Buyers are a fact of life for sellers, but an unhappy customer can lead to negative feedback and an algorithmic penalty against your account. By turning away "bad" customers, you may be able to avoid this situation entirely.

I am sure there are some sellers who can serve those buyers better.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 16
  • Congrats! 1

11 hours ago, poojauiux said:

Hello everyone

I want to know that what will happen if a client give us a bad review in fiverr.

Does it impact our profile alot?

Does there is any way to overcome this

Please reply!!

Thankyou

i received an order in 2020 and I completed the order and the buyer gave me 3.7 reviews. that review was so bad and I didn't receive any order. this year I received an order and completed it with a 5-star review. 

• Like 13

Guest salehpro

Try to something following:

- take more orders from the same buyer

- prior & over delivery to make him/her fully satisfied

- get orders from your old clients, friends to remove the affect 

On 12/22/2022 at 8:21 AM, strategist_ceo said:

The impact of a bad review depends on how damaging it is and whether you have been doing a good job. 

image.png.321b55b667e1264d844b7d00e0071ecf.png

It is not the end of the world. My third review was a 2.3 star rating, and I though my fiverr career was over. I gave an honest review as to what happened and also a detailed response to his bad review, and received more work + reviews afterwards.

image.png.89300ca6925b2ef9dbc3f95b091dbcae.png

Avoid giving argumentative, short, vague responses to negative reviews; give thorough and thoughtful responses. I believe that if you are an honest seller and display integrity, customers will recognize this and be more likely to order from you.

While I was disheartened when that buyer gave me a 2.3-star review, I now have over 200+ reviews and am doing just fine. I am more selective with which clients I work with, and avoid working with buyers who cannot communicate well.

And this is just 1 day: 

image.png.7d2c8bebf964bcca727d294ce5714df1.png

image.png.fdfa7f09c5a8aedc4dad0859f4009ae5.png

image.png.799e853be89488109babc0d562c5fa3b.png

image.png.28f12e62de8c53b5153a206571e3b91c.png

Since I received the 2.3 star rating, I have been selective in the jobs that I take. While I don't get a lot of work for many many months, the algorithm has grown to love me more over time and this has worked out okay for me. The algorithm seems to love me just fine.

Be aware of the obvious landmines when communicating with buyers. You don't need to work with all of them.

It may not be a good idea to take the above advice at first glance. Buyers are a fact of life for sellers, but an unhappy customer can lead to negative feedback and an algorithmic penalty against your account. By turning away "bad" customers, you may be able to avoid this situation entirely.

I am sure there are some sellers who can serve those buyers better.

Thankyou so much sir for your reply this helps me alot

• Like 13

On 12/21/2022 at 10:49 PM, poojauiux said:

Hello everyone

Does it impact our profile alot?

Does there is any way to overcome this

Please reply!!

Thankyou

Work in such a way that clients don't leave bad reviews. Bad reviews will affect your profile. Still, if you get a bad review by mistake then you can do one thing complete some orders with 5 stars and a good review.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mohammad_ashik_ said:

if you get a bad review by mistake then you can do one thing complete some orders with 5 stars and a good review.

You don't get a bad review by mistake!  In the main you get a bad review by providing bad service! 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, breals said:

You don't get a bad review by mistake!  In the main you get a bad review by providing bad service! 

Amazing the denial and avoidance. Never do they even discuss the product quality. Now lousy reviews are a mistake. Bollocks off the chart...

bs meter - Jacobs Media Strategies

• Like 8
  • Haha 1