How is your Sunday going? (pic inside)

frank_d

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's mind-blowing. I'm sensing there's a glitch. I have a hard time believing that you've been naughty.

My Sunday is starting off slow. Maybe I'll try to solve some Fiverr riddles of my own, but then again maybe not. One's that there's a permanent pink bubble above my notifications/inbox. Another is...the same thing that gets posted here a bazillion times a day.

Seems like there's a security issue on Fiverr.

They disabled several accounts because they spotted some unusual behavior.

There's also mention of a very fishy link from a file sharing service.

I didn't do anything suspicious, I was actually enjoying a lovely dinner with friends when I was notified my account was suspended.

They are asking me to do a few things before they can send this to the "relevant team" to "investigate further".

UPDATE: I just spoke directly with my Fiverr liaison, the suspension is real. I need to respond to the ticket so they can see about lifting it. 

Key-and-Peele-Sweating.gif

What?? None of us are safe. This is not acceptable, Fiverr keeps making mistakes that cost us our peace of mind and cause undue stress, and in the end is just "eh, just a mistake, solved now" after forcing us to jump through hoops and waste our time to fix them. 

Whereas if a seller makes a mistake... it's strikes, it's hits to the metrics, it's immediately getting punched where it hurts (the wallet). I would like to start to see some compensation / consequences when the mistakes are on their part. It's only fair that they also give what they ask for.

4 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

What?? None of us are safe. This is not acceptable, Fiverr keeps making mistakes that cost us our peace of mind and cause undue stress, and in the end is just "eh, just a mistake, solved now" after forcing us to jump through hoops and waste our time to fix them. 

Whereas if a seller makes a mistake... it's strikes, it's hits to the metrics, it's immediately getting punched where it hurts (the wallet). I would like to start to see some compensation / consequences when the mistakes are on their part. It's only fair that they also give what they ask for.

I sent $X,XXX money to my bank just this Friday and I still have another $X,XXX of earnings that are clearing this week.

Their message is clear: They have restricted my ability to withdraw funds.

I understand that this is for my own protection. But on the other hand my account showed no suspicious behavior, I never received nor clicked on the link they shared with me.

It happened to me as well. They restored my account a few moments ago. It looks like they ended up doing more harm than good. My gigs are kind of messed up now. All gigs show up as denied on the profile page and appear to have lost their ranking in the process, and are no longer found when searched. On the "gig" page, it says my gig videos are denied.

It's hard not to start to get tired with their attitude. It keeps happening, in big and small ways.

I've spoken to my success manager several times about certain aspects of the platform that are not working right. "I'll escalate this to the appropriate team". Nothing happens.
I tell him "this feature is supposed to take x amount of time, as stated by Fiverr, that time has long gone and it hasn't happened". "I'll look into it". Then nothing. This has happened several times (namely the "notable clients section", he told me multiple times it could take up to 4 weeks... it has been months. One was accepted, the other are pending for over 2 months now).
Fiverr affiliates - "We respond to messages in 24-48 hours". 48 hours later... no response. Whereas if a seller takes longer than 24 hours to respond to a clueless buyer that is just wasting our time... late response metric immediately affected.

There's no transparency. No consequence. Nothing.

4 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

It's hard not to start to get tired with their attitude. It keeps happening, in big and small ways.

I've spoken to my success manager several times about certain aspects of the platform that are not working right. "I'll escalate this to the appropriate team". Nothing happens.
I tell him "this feature is supposed to take x amount of time, as stated by Fiverr, that time has long gone and it hasn't happened". "I'll look into it". Then nothing. This has happened several times (namely the "notable clients section", he told me multiple times it could take up to 4 weeks... it has been months. One was accepted, the other are pending for over 2 months now).
Fiverr affiliates - "We respond to messages in 24-48 hours". 48 hours later... no response. Whereas if a seller takes longer than 24 hours to respond to a clueless buyer that is just wasting our time... late response metric immediately affected.

There's no transparency. No consequence. Nothing.

I am escalating this via slack -of all places- to an executive. They seem to be responding.

4 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I just got a notification that my gigs are no longer eligible for promotion.

My gigs are eligible for promotion, but they are showing up as denied on my profile page. How can I promote a gig that's been denied?...no idea! After every refresh, I see something new. They really messed it up this time. Yikes!

8 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I am escalating this via slack -of all places- to an executive.

Well, it's nice you have those channels. All I have is a success manager that seems to just say empty things to keep me happy, and keeps "thanking me for my honest feedback", but seems pointless in getting any change done.

9 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I just got a notification that my gigs are no longer eligible for promotion.

This does smell like a (very unfortunate... and problematic) bug to me though - I reckon a while back a bunch of people's lost the feature as well (but it came back fairly quickly.)
That being said, I'm not online much lately (other than when delivering work/communicating) but did notice that the site has been kind of buggy? Not sure whatsoever if that can be tied to the security issue (and you getting temporarily suspended) but - thinking as someone with 0 knowledge wouldn't more bugs than normal provide an opening for stuff like this? Like 'holes in the wall' for sketchy stuff to sneak through?

(by 'new' bugs I mean clicking on links and them leading to the wrong page/visual bugs/etc. Nothing major but even without regarding the user experience, I'd say it might make the site more unsafe?)

Really hope you get it all sorted out and that it's just... a weird security issue that won't happen again!

(as for the question, because why not: I spent an hour of my afternoon today escaping from the Collector (aka, played an escape room.) Very fun AND for the first time we actually made it out alive! It's always slightly scary to give up my phone before playing though!)

2 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Executive confirms that I am not the only one being suspended/restricted.

But did they confirm why? This is extremely worrying. That confirmation is devoid of any information. Obviously there are more people being suspended / restricted. Thousands every day. That's normal. It says nothing.

6 minutes ago, katakatica said:

This does smell like a (very unfortunate... and problematic) bug to me though - I reckon a while back a bunch of people's lost the feature as well (but it came back fairly quickly.)
That being said, I'm not online much lately (other than when delivering work/communicating) but did notice that the site has been kind of buggy? Not sure whatsoever if that can be tied to the security issue (and you getting temporarily suspended) but - thinking as someone with 0 knowledge wouldn't more bugs than normal provide an opening for stuff like this? Like 'holes in the wall' for sketchy stuff to sneak through?

(by 'new' bugs I mean clicking on links and them leading to the wrong page/visual bugs/etc. Nothing major but even without regarding the user experience, I'd say it might make the site more unsafe?)

Really hope you get it all sorted out and that it's just... a weird security issue that won't happen again!

(as for the question, because why not: I spent an hour of my afternoon today escaping from the Collector (aka, played an escape room.) Very fun AND for the first time we actually made it out alive! It's always slightly scary to give up my phone before playing though!)

This is not a bug. Someone tried hacking several accounts at once.

I was one of them.

The system was triggered and they suspended me so whoever was attacking couldn't take my $.

So that part I understand. Not focused so much on the promoted gigs ineligibility, but what worries me is WHY that happened:

Promoted gigs are tied to the search function. So my gigs are now being punished, by being removed from search.

If they fix the "oopsie" by re-instating my account, but my gigs don't return, someone needs to be held accountable.

6 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

But did they confirm why? This is extremely worrying.

I have 2 confirmations that this was quite wide. 

They won't share more information but they did clarify that I personally did NOTHING wrong.

QUICK UPDATE:

Risk team is now manually going through everyone's tickets and will be re-instating accounts if the requested actions were performed.

And what do you know: one of the things they asked for me to do CAN'T be done because of the restrictions.

17 minutes ago, frank_d said:

QUICK UPDATE: Executive confirms that I am not the only one being suspended/restricted.

They haven't restored it back yet? They restored mine after I sent the requested info.

12 minutes ago, frank_d said:

This is not a bug. Someone tried hacking several accounts at once.

I believe it has something to do with a user sending a URL to a file containing malware. I remember getting the message with the URL they are talking about. I reported that account since the URL was suspicious. As a precaution, they probably suspended everyone's accounts who received a message from that scammer.

I never got that message, seems like it was immediately blocked and deleted before it even reached me.

I sent them the information they asked for but they also asked for me to change my password which I can't seem to be able to do.

Wait when did you actually get to see the email and reply?

Oh so this happened to you days ago?

Not today?

QUICK UPDATE: My account seems to be no longer restricted. 

I was able to change password. I am still trying to figure out if my gigs are back.

Now to spend the rest of my Sunday night changing all passwords.

Archived