Are we still okay?

theratypist

What is going on??? 😆 This is happening way too often!

ffs.thumb.png.737a21769d979032e74502ad3c8ec57e.png

And it's not only AOL! Norton is also here....... By the way, the Norton spam was 21 hours ago (as of the screencap done a few minutes ago) and still not removed....

Untitled.thumb.png.14b29da53fb58cbc1d6b8881cad0f61b.png

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 19
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 11

On 10/26/2021 at 3:16 PM, enunciator said:

An ardent rule-follower might mention that you cannot call out specific users in threads, but these really aren't users but rather spam bot accounts that are being left unchecked for some reason...

Aye, thanks for the heads up. I edited it out. I want this post to stick around a little longer and question the heck out if ever it does get removed. Unless its hate speech to show our concern about the spam 😆

On 10/26/2021 at 3:20 PM, surajkartha said:

I am yet to see a support # for Fiverr account 😅

Put that photo back! You did it right. hahahah I edited mine too. 

• Like 16
  • Haha 8
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Dear Fiverr Forum Gods, we need an internationally recognizable deviation road sign emoji, and a drop-down with links to forum categories within the post editor to copy-paste from.

There are too many ads in my Casual Conversation topics, that doesn't go well with my maybe last in a coffeeshop for this year, and depending on a certain mean pandemic, perhaps for much longer. 

• Like 22

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, dushan4videoads said:

Hi!

All my notifications today on Fiverr forum is about some kind of a loan app. What's wrong with these guys?

Those are spam messages, we cleaned them up. From time to time the forum is flooded with all kinds of spam. Never contact those guys because usually all kinds of fraud are involved. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I'm seeing these on every topic in the forum and I'm sure the mods are trying to remove it to the best of their abilities but there are so many of these accounts. Looks like the only solution would be to add some kind of phone verification for being able to post, or something else.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

On 4/21/2023 at 8:24 AM, cre8iveartwork said:

Those are spam messages, we cleaned them up. From time to time the forum is flooded with all kinds of spam. Never contact those guys because usually all kinds of fraud are involved. 

Roger that

On 4/21/2023 at 8:41 AM, imagination7413 said:

You might want to look into adjusting your notification settings. https://community.fiverr.com/notifications/options/

Thanks! 

• Like 2

Forum Moderation - A Joke?

Yesterday, people were selling g#ns, and today, people are selling c@nn!bis (mar!ju@na) here on the forum. Out of 20 threads, 18 are related to buying dr#gs! C'mon Fiverr! It's been 30 minutes since the forum was spammed, and still, no action has been taken. Sure, maybe the moderators are away due to the time zone difference -- but all at once?

You're saying that on a billion-dollar platform, there is not even a single moderator active at any point? I have a Discord server with just a few thousand members, and no matter if you open the server at 02:00 at night, you will always find more than two moderators online (and active). This is the story of all platforms that are serious about what they are doing.

Sure, moderation is completely a voluntary task -- but you want to have people as moderators who are inactive, and then give the excuse that this is a voluntary task, so we're not working 24/7 here, so bear with the spam? No response can justify these actions.

On the main Fiverr platform, it's nearly impossible to stop spam, as without the manual input (report) of the seller, staff members won't know if their inbox is spammed by someone. But here on the forum, it's totally right there on the front page for everyone to see.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I thought there used to be keywords that got a forum post hidden. Or maybe groups of them. Maybe writing "buy <certain word>" in the post title could be added to flagged words to get the post auto flagged & hidden for checking.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

I thought I got them all... I don't browse every category.

Wait! What! How did my thread land here?

This was created as a 'new thread' in the 'lounge' category, and then all of a sudden, it was shifted here as a general message. I also have a screenshot as proof that I posted it as a thread.

Was this done by a staff member just to throw my thread into an old thread to silence my voice, or is this a severe bug?

@Kesha @milos_siena @imagination7413 Could you please take a look, as how my thread merged into a thread of 2021? This place is really broken!!! 🙂

image.png.31344cd78ae3722202c6890527ba998d.png

Edited by rawque_gulia

3 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I thought there used to be keywords that got a forum post hidden. Or maybe groups of them. Maybe writing "buy <certain word>" in the post title could be added to flagged words to get the post auto flagged & hidden for checking.

This place is totally broken and mismanaged. There’s no more fun here on the forum. And to be honest, watching people leave, I am also just one step away!

6 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

This was created as a 'new thread' in the 'lounge' category, and then all of a sudden, it was shifted here as a general message. I also have a screenshot as proof that I posted it as a thread.

Forum rules:

image.png.ea87d667b5fcc069897d12b10b3c7114.png

Forum spam is (annoyingly) nothing new. If you really think your post should be it's own thread, then I'll split it, but it seemed more relevant to merge it, so you (and any other readers) could easily see the history of what's already been discussed.  

1 minute ago, imagination7413 said:

Forum rules:

1 minute ago, imagination7413 said:

If you really think your post should be it's own thread, then I'll split it

It's totally fine, and I do not mind if it's merged with that intention. I am just curious why topics like 'how to rank my gig' or 'how to get orders' never get merged --- yet my topic was merged within minutes.

I agree that spam isn't new and can happen anywhere. However, when I joined in 2021, there was hardly any spam, and now it seems to have increased significantly.

1 hour ago, rawque_gulia said:

I am just curious why topics like 'how to rank my gig' or 'how to get orders' never get merged

They do. I'm only one person, though, and there are a LOT of those kinds of threads, and they are posted faster than they're easily merged, and I seem to be the only one who does bother to merge.

I agree with your observation on the new spam attack. (Just in the last 10 days, there've been over 300 of these particular type.)

• Like 1
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

I agree with your observation on the new spam attack. (Just in the last 10 days, there've been over 300 of these particular type.)

Just throwing out a random feedback (not sure if it makes sense in all types of situations or if something will break):

How about if Fiverr blocks the right-click functionality on the forum and disables the 'paste' feature? With this, spam will be "completely stopped" because in every case, it's just a copied and pasted message using automation tools. It will also help Fiverr stop people from copying and pasting messages from ChatGPT. So, the forum will be completely (or at least 90%) spam free and free from AI content (that is against the rules).

Interesting idea. No clue if that's an option. 

The forums actually aren't Fiverr proprietary. They're using 'Invision Community' as a platform.

image.png.76158c1acc24196ba64f686053d437a9.png

(Found at the footer of every forum page.)

I'm one of the volunteers. I have no say in how the forums are run. After Fiverr killed the clubs, I have even less incentive to help. I only stick around for...

(...why do I still stick around...? What's the point?) 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

If the "activity" tab was added back people would be able to see all recent posts more easily so spam posts might be seen & removed without searching through threads.

Removing the paste option would also remove the valid uses of it too. Maybe some of the spammers might be using automation/scripts to create the posts.

Edited by uk1000