Are we still okay?

theratypist

Just now, uk1000 said:

If the "activity" tab was added back people would be able to see all recent posts more easily so spam posts might be seen & removed without searching through threads.

Well, that makes sense why it was removed. No platform would want their spam posts to be seen by visitors, especially new visitors, at the top. So, nah, it doesn't even make any sense to get the activity tab back just because people can see the spam posts at the top.

1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

Removing the paste option would also remove the valid uses of it

Like, what valid use?

5 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Interesting idea. No clue if that's an option. 

The forums actually aren't Fiver proprietary. They're using 'Invision Community' as a platform.

I see! But as far as my knowledge goes (and even after discussing it with my wife, who is from a website development and design background), our own JavaScript or other scripts can be added even though we're integrating the forum from any third-party provider. So, maybe pass it on to the relevant team (if possible) so they can make this place wholesome again?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

Like, what valid use?

Like the following that I used to post in newcomer's 'how I mek-sel' threads:

image.png.d4a5ff1066cc1ddb272274af9ca7b058.png

11 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

So, maybe pass it on to the relevant team (if possible) so they can make this place wholesome again?

I'm pretty sure 'wholesome' hasn't been in their lexicon since they (Fiverr as a company) went public. 

That said. I have no way to forward this idea, other than tagging Staff, and (bluntly) I'd rather not draw attention to myself while I'm still a prickly ball of resentment and aggrievance. 

• Up 3

3 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Like the following that I used to post in newcomer's 'how I mek-sel' threads:

Makes sense! Then maybe disable the paste functionality only for newcomers, those who have new accounts. Forums already have badges, so let's make use of them and define permissions based on roles. Even disabling the paste functionality for new accounts will solve mostly everything -- and let's agree that newcomers do not quote other threads like this.

Right now, we're giving suggestions just after thinking for 30 seconds, but if the official team takes this idea into consideration, then I am sure that something can be figured out and an algorithm can be prepared that can help in many ways.

• Like 2

I'd be more grateful if the main Fiverr platform had some kind of barrier to entry. Every single one of those posts were (as far as I could tell and as far as I bothered to check) made from brand new profiles, both on Fiverr and on the forum. Meaning they made Fiverr profiles, for the sole purpose of joining the forums and spamming their junk.

• Like 2
  • Up 2

On 5/29/2024 at 3:08 PM, rawque_gulia said:

Makes sense! Then maybe disable the paste functionality only for newcomers, those who have new accounts. Forums already have badges, so let's make use of them and define permissions based on roles. Even disabling the paste functionality for new accounts will solve mostly everything -- and let's agree that newcomers do not quote other threads like this.

Right now, we're giving suggestions just after thinking for 30 seconds, but if the official team takes this idea into consideration, then I am sure that something can be figured out and an algorithm can be prepared that can help in many ways.

On 5/29/2024 at 3:13 PM, imagination7413 said:

I'd be more grateful if the main Fiverr platform had some kind of barrier to entry. Every single one of those posts were (as far as I could tell and as far as I bothered to check) made from brand new profiles, both on Fiverr and on the forum. Meaning they made Fiverr profiles, for the sole purpose of joining the forums and spamming their junk.

Hi all! I appreciate the feedback and advice. They have been passed along for consideration on how we can continue to make the forum better. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1