Question for VO artists??

fiveroptic1

Question

Hi all - quick question mainly for VOs, but equally anyone else that has experience of sending multiple files in one order.

A buyer has asked for an audio file to be split into 5 units i.e 5 separate audio files. Like many VOs, I do this for a supplementary charge, but I wondered, how in practical terms, this is done on the 5r platform. As we can make only 'one' delivery, does anyone have a recommendations? I'm thinking of a zip file, but if there is an alternative, better way that you've used, then I'm all ears :) 

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

You can attach up to 8 files in the delivery box. So there shouldn't be a problem attaching the 5 audio files there.

Where you click attach, after attaching 1 click to attach the next. When all 5 are attached and uploaded (you can check them too) click the "deliver work" button at the bottom of the delivery box (after filling in the text box).

Yes if there are too many you could use a zip file or maybe a dropbox folder (with the link in the text box) if there were problems with that.

For almost every delivery I do, I deliver 2 files. 1 is an image of the finished logo/brand design and 2 is a .zip file of all the source files, file versions, extras etc. 

I find this seems to be the best method for me and my buyers. The only thing is for some reason, people occasionally have issues opening the .zip files if they were created by a 3rd party program such as 7zip or Winrar. I haven't had any issues with just using the default Windows compression option (Right click folder > Send to > compressed zip folder). Also try and bear in mind that different devices, software will unzip .zip files differently, so to be sure that the files are easily findable, I also use several folders inside the .zip file for each type of files.

Archived