Day 134, still in revision and client not responding

andrea_tortone

I had started a project around the end of April, the service was in 2 milestones and had to last about 12-14 days. after the delivery of the first milestone I received a revision as the buyer wanted to go more in the detail with some aspects of the project.
We stayed in touch for more than a month discussing the developments of the project, practically I was updating him about the development every 2-3 days... almost as if it were a fixed appointment. Around July, I didn't hear from my buyer anymore. I have no idea how to reach him, I wrote other messages to get feedback from him in mid-July and mid-August. I thought he had gone on vacation or had health problems (I had experience of people disappearing because of this last reason) but around August I started to get suspicious.

He had paid a relatively high sum for this service but I don't understand why he disappeared without obtaining a final delivery and above all leaving the money in the hands of fiverr. I honestly hoped to be paid at least for the first milestone as I worked hard to update your project, even if I proceed with the delivery I need confirmation from my buyer.

Have you ever had similar experiences? Is Fiverr able to track down and contact its buyers?

Senza titolo-1.jpg

35 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It's more common than you imagine. 

Yup. 

I don’t know how orders with milestones work so I apologize in advance if I am not at all helpful. I’ve always gotten an impression that using milestones would get my money stuck somewhere in-between stages so I avoided using the feature. 

But this is what I got when I asked CS if I could deliver the files again if there were no instructions provided. I asked twice, the answers were pretty much the same. Here is the most recent one: 

image.png.05458fdc13609e31aecbe0c03a4f6232.png

You are, technically, not obligated to wait around forever for your buyer to gather his thoughts. 

The bigger problem in your case is that the order was in revision for this long. It’s not safe to leave it hanging for more than a few weeks because after that, even if you deliver again, it’ll get stuck as delivered until the buyer comes back and closes the order himself or until you contact CS and ask them to cancel it. 

Since the buyer is unresponsive for this long, I’m not sure how likely it is for him to come back at this point. CS will probably give you options 1) to let them contact the buyer “officially” on your behalf (which sometimes works), 2) to cancel the order, 3) let it hang in there forever. 

On 9/6/2021 at 3:45 PM, mizan709 said:

why you take 134 days? its too long time. it will effect on your gig. Try to contact this buyer and fix this issue. if not get reply from buyer then immediately contact fiverr support 

in reality the 130 days of revision are not the problem, the work consisted a lot in assisting multiple individuals (suppliers, producers, sellers ...) and therefore we had to re-discuss the work from time to time.

Then the first delivery had been made, the time spent in review never affected the level of on-time delivery of the orders.

7 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

Yup. 

I don’t know how orders with milestones work so I apologize in advance if I am not at all helpful. I’ve always gotten an impression that using milestones would get my money stuck somewhere in-between stages so I avoided using the feature. 

But this is what I got when I asked CS if I could deliver the files again if there were no instructions provided. I asked twice, the answers were pretty much the same. Here is the most recent one: 

image.png.05458fdc13609e31aecbe0c03a4f6232.png

You are, technically, not obligated to wait around forever for your buyer to gather his thoughts. 

The bigger problem in your case is that the order was in revision for this long. It’s not safe to leave it hanging for more than a few weeks because after that, even if you deliver again, it’ll get stuck as delivered until the buyer comes back and closes the order himself or until you contact CS and ask them to cancel it. 

Since the buyer is unresponsive for this long, I’m not sure how likely it is for him to come back at this point. CS will probably give you options 1) to let them contact the buyer “officially” on your behalf (which sometimes works), 2) to cancel the order, 3) let it hang in there forever. 

thanks for this advice!

yes I don't even know why milestones are a special thing on fiverr also because as a seller I don't find many advantages in using them. The buyer seemed much more familiar with that option so I read a little bit about how it worked and then proceeded.

More or less I am in a similar situation because at the time of the review my client had not provided any request but only wrote: "I will get back to you in a few hours. Really sorry for the inconvenience. Time has been very tight these days". From then on the project was extended up to this point because the buyer involved other experts in evaluating the development of the work... nothing strange but for example he contacted a supplier and due to some costs we changed one material with another. I never talked to them but he was sending me their messages in chat.

So the review consisted of long chats, waiting for answers from his suppliers, manufacturers, his team... then the moment I updated his projects he disappeared.

I mean ... he didn't take the project, he didn't ask for the money back, he didn't ask for cancellations, he didn't answer for 2 months.

I am in contact with CS, thank you again.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, babukawsar said:

Bad luck your!!!

Did you even read his update on this?

The buyer chose to complete the work (first milestone) the seller worked on and end the project.

So, he will be paid.

I think it ended as best it could, not bad luck.

Besides, no reason to "repeat" what some other poster said at the beginning of September just to post...

GG

• 4 weeks later...

Archived