Fiverr gave me a warning although I was the one reported

Hello guys,

I had a request by buyer to communicate outside Fiverr which I declined because of Fiverr TOS.

They kept asking to communicate outside, which I declined and said it has to be in written form in Fiverr chat. 

They sent me a link to join which I didn't. I did not even click on that link and reported it to Fiverr.

Fiverr sent me warning instead of the buyer and how stupid is that, I just reported myself according to fiverr support response who does not effort to read the subject or message at first.

Seriously! Why would I report if I did communication outside Fiverr, is it too hard for support team to understand the basics? Sigh.

• Like 12
  • Sad 8

You can find the full details about number of warning and the result here https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010880417-Warnings

How our warning system works:

• If it’s your first warning, you will be reminded of Fiverr’s Terms of Service. Repeat violations may result in account suspension. 
  • A second warning of the same type will result in account suspension. 
  • A second warning of a different type for leveled sellers will result in account demotion.
  • Three warnings of any type will result in your account being suspended.
  • Like 11

25 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

@imhammadkhokhar I feel sorry to hear this.

I will suggest you to contact support and create a ticket with saying all the details. And ask them a favor to withdraw the warning as there is a limit of getting warnings and Three warnings of any type will result in your account being suspended.

Thanks for you reply. I mentioned that I reported the buyer message but they do not effort to understand but copy and pasted the template version of their response which they would generally say to violators. However, I have sent them another message, let see how it goes.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

On 8/16/2021 at 1:45 AM, imhammadkhokhar said:

Hello guys,

I had a request by buyer to communicate outside Fiverr which I declined because of Fiverr TOS.

They kept asking to communicate outside, which I declined and said it has to be in written form in Fiverr chat. 

They sent me a link to join which I didn't. I did not even click on that link and reported it to Fiverr.

Fiverr sent me warning instead of the buyer and how stupid is that, I just reported myself according to fiverr support response who does not effort to read the subject or message at first.

Seriously! Why would I report if I did communication outside Fiverr, is it too hard for support team to understand the basics? Sigh.

For some buyers, we are experiencing problems that are unknown to us.

• Like 8

• 11 months later...
21 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

I hope this happens too. I made a referral after understanding a person's plight, to which I got a warning (to my surprise), I have already contacted customer service.

Did your issue get resolved? In case you got a template reply, write in detail.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, imhammadkhokhar said:

Did your issue get resolved? In case you got a template reply, write in detail.

I got a template response. However I challenged it, I think warning can be removed. 

They did say that the first warning is for "education" purpose only. Direct quote: "Please bear in mind that this warning bears no functional changes to your profile, and has been issued strictly for educational purposes. "

• Like 10

Well I had a warning because I reported a dude which clearly self-promoted a service he wanted me to buy, a service outside of Fiverr. They gave me a warning because they said I randomly reported. Obviously it was removed, but since then I never reported anything, I just use the Spam function and it serves me well.

• Like 13
  • Up 1