Honest thoughts about the portfolio option

perfectwork25

Question

Hi,

I am a new-level seller on Fiverr, and when the portfolio was introduced on Fiverr for new-level sellers too, I was really happy as I always wanted this feature. But now, surprisingly, I have seen the Gigs; sellers who are performing well are not using this portfolio option. Most of the sellers that I have seen on Fiverr who are already on level 1 or 2 don't have this portfolio; they haven't added anything in their portfolio, most of them. So I was genuinely curious about what can be the reason behind sellers not adding anything to their portfolio. It might also be because level 1 or 2 sellers already have a lot of 5-star reviews, so they might not feel the need to add their previous work to their portfolio as their reviews speak to their work quality itself. So if that's the case, then sellers who already have a few good reviews on their profile (such as 10+ good reviews) should avoid adding previous work to their portfolio? And sellers who don't have any rating should only add their previous work to portfolio?

• Like 3

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, perfectwork25 said:

So I was genuinely curious about what can be the reason behind sellers not adding anything to their portfolio

I am also one of those who have not added any portfolio, and my reason is:

Things are already going well, and I always have multiple active orders at a time, so I don't have much time to focus on these side things. It's not that I am busy 24/7, but it's about what things you want to prioritize in your life. Out of everything, adding a portfolio is at the very bottom of my list.

It's on my Trello board though, and I will definitely add it one day, but when --- even I don't know, haha!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, perfectwork25 said:

Hi,

I am a new-level seller on Fiverr, and when the portfolio was introduced on Fiverr for new-level sellers too, I was really happy as I always wanted this feature. But now, surprisingly, I have seen the Gigs; sellers who are performing well are not using this portfolio option. Most of the sellers that I have seen on Fiverr who are already on level 1 or 2 don't have this portfolio; they haven't added anything in their portfolio, most of them. So I was genuinely curious about what can be the reason behind sellers not adding anything to their portfolio. It might also be because level 1 or 2 sellers already have a lot of 5-star reviews, so they might not feel the need to add their previous work to their portfolio as their reviews speak to their work quality itself. So if that's the case, then sellers who already have a few good reviews on their profile (such as 10+ good reviews) should avoid adding previous work to their portfolio? And sellers who don't have any rating should only add their previous work to portfolio?

Nopes, most of these queries are just presumptions!! Having or not having portfolio has nothing to do with success or seller level.

But my SM told me long back that the algorithm takes the 'completeness of your gig & profile' into account!! i.e. Are we using all the tools and features provided by Fiverr for our gigs and profile or NOT?? It is advisable to use a feature (if available) but it's not mandatory. 

All said n done - Someone can succeed by using just half of the features while there are a zillion gigs out there, who use every feature and trick in the book but never get a single order. 

• Like 3