Are buyer requests even worth your time?

gajuseidi

Alongside the infamous "try to online 24/7" pro tip, we often have the "send 10 buyer every day". I am genuinely curious, are buyer requests worth it? When I started on fiverr, I did not even know this feature existed. And now that I do, it's hard for me to see the value in it. Every single request in my niche gets around 600-3000 offers from sellers. That's 3000 offers for a 5$ gig (in worst case scenario). If you want to send a personal offer for the buyer, you have to look at their material, read their request carefully and craft a great offer. That takes time. Time, that could otherwise be spent on something productive. Are buyer requests even worth your time?

21 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

600-3000 offers from sellers.

Wow.... 3,000 sounds like a lot!!! I've never seen any buyer request reach that high in my category, never in 4 digits or even higher than 500.. (Disclaimer: I am speaking in behalf of my experience and based on the few times I do open buyer request). But I have visited a few times fairly recently and even older offers never reach that high. I can only imagine how saturated some categories truly are!

21 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

I think trying to get an order there is worth a shot especially when you are starting out. Not necessarily spending a whole lot of time there, just making enough offers you to requests you can likely offer good work on. Then again, I have seen some ridiculous buyer requests, and maybe it really has become a bigger and unfiltered mess now... But as a new seller, every order counts to potentially get some (public) reviews on your sleeve because it does help potential buyers who (manually search) for gigs buy. It might help with momentum if you do gain some orders and reviews from BR, but definitely not the only route to gain such "momentum" (e.g. you may have a good amount of outside orders from other marketing opportunities). 

I am guessing if you are a gig in a saturated category, you take every shot you can! 😅

IMPORTANT: If you send 10 Buyer's Request everyday, then you are sending 300 requests per month and that is a lot of request. For new sellers, it is really worth trying. Just quickly write the offers and send them only to ones where there are 100 offers sent. I think it will help you to get orders.

23 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

It seems you already know the answer. 😄

Now the thread is getting the inane, completely devoid of actual substance replies.

Great post brother good luck very nice! 🤩👍🤑🥇🙏

😒🙄

1 hour ago, dev_rashikul said:

Thanks gor your tips its very informative post. Wish you good luck bro

1 hour ago, nahdhasan20 said:

👍👍

47 minutes ago, sharifhtusher said:

thanks for your kind information.

@dev_rashikul The OP did. not give any information! He asked a question! 🙄

@nahdhasan20 Why the thumbs up? The OP asked a question and 👍🏻 is not the answer! 😱

@sharifhtusher The OP did not give any "kind information" he asked a question! 😒

Couple of years ago when I didnt have any orders for like a week I found few amazing buyers from buyers request and that turned out well for me..

Not sure how it's now as I haven't visited it after that !

But Yes I would say It worth a shot when you have nothing to do !

Thank for the information BRO ! Very helpful 🙈

I have found one returning buyer from BR. It was one of the first buyers I got.  Was totally worth it. I just checked my BR. Most of them priced at 5-20$ For work worth at least 200$ . Then half of them has "Professionals only, send sketch first, willing to work in these budgets, unlimited revisions only etc.."  if possible get away from BR far as possible. 

Once I tried to post buyer request - I needed a voiceover with some specific requirements (I needed native FEMALE british accent) - I got more than 200 offers from men and women, none of them was british, most of them didn't even read what I needed.

I told myself - no more buyer requests. Never. I will find freelancers manually. And actually I am a seller too, and I never even open BR - it's a waste of time

8 hours ago, theratypist said:

I think trying to get an order there is worth a shot especially when you are starting out.

These are my thoughts. But even when I was just starting out, I never actually received any orders from BR. I have sent a few offers, but to me it seems such a waste of time to compete with thousands of sellers for a few dollar gig.

4 hours ago, surajrenuka said:

Couple of years ago when I didnt have any orders for like a week I found few amazing buyers from buyers request and that turned out well for me..

Not sure how it's now as I haven't visited it after that !

But Yes I would say It worth a shot when you have nothing to do !

I'll have that in mind. It might be worth sending the offer if you're one of the first people to do it, I don't think buyers read all the late offers anyway.

16 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

@dev_rashikul The OP did. not give any information! He asked a question! 🙄

@nahdhasan20 Why the thumbs up? The OP asked a question and 👍🏻 is not the answer! 😱

@sharifhtusher The OP did not give any "kind information" he asked a question! 😒

How patient you are to try to educate these robots! 😁

Archived