Buyer doesn't have time to review my work, and ask to extend delivery time after a month

huiyingtan

Well since I’m into writing too and every word counts…it would be easy to explain it to them. Now their decision is something different.

By the way, I love Fiverr’s Customer support. Great team, great management.

By the way, I love Fiverr’s Customer support. Great team, great management.

Man, start using the /s, I almost spilled my drink.

That’s not a good idea, even apart from generally not being a good idea, they would just have to ask support and would know, and, what’s more, support would know that you told them that.

With some people, it can work trying a compromise and giving a good and actual reason that anyone should be able to understand, like “I’m sorry, but since I need to schedule my time and factor in eventual revisions for all my current and future orders, I can’t let orders stay open for such long periods. Fiverr’s period for buyers to check their deliverables and ask for a revision with actionable requests as to what they want revised, is three days. Seeing that your order is bigger, those three days may have been a little short, and I’m happy to give you another week of time to check and get back to me with your list of revisions if any.”

Just an example, and reasoning doesn’t work with all types of people, but some are open for actual arguments if they are presented well and nicely, without a reproachful tone or such.

Won’t work with someone who purposely tries to stall things, of course, just because they think they can, or with those who are in truth scheming for a cancellation by using such tactics.

I read all the comments from this post. I deliver the old work to my buyer, and tell my buyer I only can extend 14 days. Now she request revision again.

This is a tough situation. I’ll caution you, like some of the others here already have: brace yourself now and expect that this will end up canceled.

For now, however, you’ve given the time limit. When 10 days have passed, remind the seller. On day 11, redeliver and quote the ToS.

All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the Buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig, and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason.

If it does come to a point where the order is canceled, and you find your work has been used, you can notify Fiverr that the buyer broke the ToS. Depending on the kind of work you did, you might want to immediately post it online yourself. You might also be able to get a DMCA takedown.

I read all the comments from this post. I deliver the old work to my buyer, and tell my buyer I only can extend 14 days. Now she request revision again.

I deliver the old work to my buyer, and tell my buyer I only can extend 14 days

don’t do that again , you might receive a warning for it… It happened to me

The only explicitly written rule concerning ‘revisions’ and usage is this:

• Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.

source Payments Terms and Conditions

So, the buyer continuing to hit revision indefinitely is technically (annoyingly) not against the rules. Unless the completion status is being held hostage specifically to get more free work.

• Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.

So, the buyer continuing to hit revision indefinitely is technically (annoyingly) not against the rules. Unless the completion status is being held hostage specifically to get more free work.

Everything can be against the rules or not depending on what Fiverr decides. That’s the point of the deliberate lack of transparency in the TOS. That’s the problem.

The revision system is badly implemented. A buyer can keep an order open as long as they want. That can’t be right.

I would deliver it again and wait for the 3-day automatic acceptance to take place.

No , definitely no… you can get a warning for delivering the same thing

This is an abuse of the revision button. There are rules about using it and not just clicking to extend order time.

That’s what I thought as well that there are rules about using it… until I got a warning even though the buyer was not requesting actual revisions and he was only trying to delay the completion of the order.

Right.

Thanks for correcting me on that!

the buyer continuing to hit revision indefinitely is technically (annoyingly) not against the rules

I think the opposite - technically, the scope of the gig did not include allowing additional time for checking the material.

If you can present a good argument for time being a service, then absolutely. It’s just presenting the case in a way that CS would support the argument.

Sadly the only recourse is under the section on cancellation. The OP has clear grounds to cancel (if ‘time’ is ‘service’), but the OP has already stated that they do not want to cancel.

Fiverr Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
[…]
Delivered Orders (after the Seller clicks Deliver Now and before the order is marked as complete)
[…]
5. Users who abuse the Request Revisions button to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements.

That’s what I’m thinking too. If a seller’s gig/custom offer/discussion with the buyer doesn’t say otherwise, Fiverr’s rules apply, and those grant 3 days (some more over Christmas lately, IIRC, but that also wasn’t anything in the realm of a month, or even 14 days).

If a sellers grants a longer time, then that’s a gesture of goodwill on part of the seller but not a right of the buyer, especially not if it hasn’t been discussed beforehand but is simply expected as an afterthought.

If the buyer knows they won’t be able to check within 3 days, let’s say they ordered a 150K words Victorian novel with a pale green ghost as the main character, or even something shorter but they booked a 14-day “Walden Experience Vacation Retreat without WiFi” which just happens to start the day the delivery is due and will leave them the time to press the revision button but not to check the deliverable and come up with actual revision requests, they should bring it up while discussing with the seller, and could, for example, ask if the seller is okay with it, if they complete the order on delivery but will take 15 days to check and get back to them with their revision request list, if any revisions are needed.

In threads like this one, it was a good old tradition to post some bit from the ToS that said something like that it’s not allowed to press the revision button without really asking for revisions, just to keep the gig from completing, however, when I went to look for that bit some time ago, I couldn’t find it. It might still be somewhere, or I just overlooked it, though.

The ToS still say that the buyer has 3 days to check. Currently:

An Order will be automatically marked as Complete if not accepted and no request for modification was submitted within 3 days after the Order was marked as Delivered.

Unfortunately, this might lead people to think just pressing the Request Modification button is all there is to submitting a modification request, even if it’s common sense to tell someone what you want modified if you want them to modify something.

That’s too bad, but unfortunately, such things come with having a business. Asking others for their opinion here on the forum can be really helpful, and you might be able to get something out of it, if not for now, then for future use, but in the end, it’s up to your negotiation/people skills (and your good or bad luck, some people just …), and to what you value most, your time, your review score, etc.

I hope it will end in the best way possible for you, in any case.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!
After a month, my buyer says she is busy and doesn’t have time to review the work. We have been extended three times for the delivery time lol.
And also, my on time delivery rate is keep dropping 😦
I have no idea. I asked Fiverr support, nothing they can do.
So, I assume that this will be take forever and never close file.

Hi everyone!

After a month, my buyer says she is busy and doesn’t have time to review the work. We have been extended three times for the delivery time lol.

And also, my on time delivery rate is keep dropping 😦

I have no idea. I asked Fiverr support, nothing they can do.

So, I assume that this will be take forever and never close file.

Next time when something like this happens or if you don’t feel comfortable to work with someone because of… various reasons simply contact support and ask them to cancel the order without affecting your account since it’s not your fault for this situation … it’s not worth working with someone that states that he/she doesn’t have time … for the order , a buyer should think about that before placing an order in the first place.

• 9 months later...

Archived