On the way to level 2 seller

letsgodigital

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, letsgodigital said:

Hi all

Really excited just got my biggest order ever in my account, Wish me luck !

spacer.png

How much was your biggest order so far?

I don't feel the need to disclose my orders or my revenue here on the forum. You are aware of the security risks of doing so, I assume? First of all, you're letting everyone know that you could have a bunch of money on your account when this order is complete. That's like inviting hackers to target your account. 

Second, I think what I earn is none of your business, and I frankly don't care that much about what you or anyone else make on Fiverr, as long as I can maintain my lifestyle while working with something I'm truly passionate about. 

With that said, big orders are always fun! They are also the ones you really have to pay attention to, because a buyer who's putting 1700 bucks on the table expects high-quality results. Anything less could lead to you having worked your ass off for nothing, getting cancellations and poor reviews. So you really need to be at your best for this one, is my advice! Impress the hell out of your buyer, and he/she might come back for more! 

Keep up the good work! :D 

3 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I don't feel the need to disclose my orders or my revenue here on the forum. You are aware of the security risks of doing so, I assume? First of all, you're letting everyone know that you could have a bunch of money on your account when this order is complete. That's like inviting hackers to target your account. 

Second, I think what I earn is none of your business, and I frankly don't care that much about what you or anyone else make on Fiverr, as long as I can maintain my lifestyle while working with something I'm truly passionate about. 

With that said, big orders are always fun! They are also the ones you really have to pay attention to, because a buyer who's putting 1700 bucks on the table expects high-quality results. Anything less could lead to you having worked your ass off for nothing, getting cancellations and poor reviews. So you really need to be at your best for this one, is my advice! Impress the hell out of your buyer, and he/she might come back for more! 

Keep up the good work! 😄

Thanks for the advice. I was not aware about the security risk, will keep in mind and regarding sharing my money just wanted to share my happiness on forum since I feel here like at home. 

5 minutes ago, letsgodigital said:

Thanks for the advice. I was not aware about the security risk, will keep in mind and regarding sharing my money just wanted to share my happiness on forum since I feel here like at home. 

Yeah, sharing any financial information online can put you at risk. If I got an order now for 5000 dollars, the last thing I would do is announce it to the forum, even though it would make me happy, of course. 

But I totally get why you would want to share the joy! It's just not very smart, for your own sake. Besides, I think what I earn is my business. :D 

3 minutes ago, dollyhuque said:

In my opinion, a 5 dollar client is worth a lot more to me than a large order. If I could get him back to me through my work, I would probably have more work orders than a big job.

I wish you the best of luck .   

Yes you are right but the gig i offer cant be lower down as such I do have to take such risk. 

On 9/11/2021 at 3:55 PM, dollyhuque said:

In my opinion, a 5 dollar client is worth a lot more to me than a large order. If I could get him back to me through my work, I would probably have more work orders than a big job.

I wish you the best of luck .   

Question: do you like to work more, or work less? I mean, if you can earn the same amount of money. If I get an order for a few thousand bucks, it's likely going to take me less time to complete than the same dollar amount in five-dollar-orders. Quality over quantity. This is why I keep raising my rates whenever I get a full schedule. If I'm working, let's say 40 hours per week, and I earn 2000 dollars in that time, split across 10 orders. If I then increase my rates, I might get 8 orders instead of 10, but I would still earn 2000 dollars, and I'd work 35 hours instead. 

So I really don't see the logic in what you're saying. You should want to work less, earn more. Having a huge amount of orders = a huge amount of people you have to communicate with, offering some cheap service to multiple people. If they come back, it will be for more of the same. You'll probably not turn them into thousand-dollar-clients anytime soon. 

But if I get one huge project, and I impress that buyer, the next time, i might get an even bigger project. I could do 2-3 projects per week, earning more than what I do now. That's the way to go; quality over quantity, both in what you do and what you earn, in my opinion. I wouldn't even consider working for anything less than 20 dollars, and that's hiring me to speak for 2 minutes max (and even that is cheap, compared to some of my competition!) 

22 hours ago, smashradio said:

Question: do you like to work more, or work less? I mean, if you can earn the same amount of money. If I get an order for a few thousand bucks, it's likely going to take me less time to complete than the same dollar amount in five-dollar-orders. Quality over quantity. This is why I keep raising my rates whenever I get a full schedule. If I'm working, let's say 40 hours per week, and I earn 2000 dollars in that time, split across 10 orders. If I then increase my rates, I might get 8 orders instead of 10, but I would still earn 2000 dollars, and I'd work 35 hours instead. 

So I really don't see the logic in what you're saying. You should want to work less, earn more. Having a huge amount of orders = a huge amount of people you have to communicate with, offering some cheap service to multiple people. If they come back, it will be for more of the same. You'll probably not turn them into thousand-dollar-clients anytime soon. 

But if I get one huge project, and I impress that buyer, the next time, i might get an even bigger project. I could do 2-3 projects per week, earning more than what I do now. That's the way to go; quality over quantity, both in what you do and what you earn, in my opinion. I wouldn't even consider working for anything less than 20 dollars, and that's hiring me to speak for 2 minutes max (and even that is cheap, compared to some of my competition!)

I like to learn. We all have something to learn from each other. One of them might be you. so I would greatly appreciate your suggestions. 

I mean, if I'm able to get the client back to me through my work, then I can also earn $100 working with clients who are paying me $10. Having successfully done that, I just shared my experience. But I didn't say it would be the same for everyone. Quality is more important to me than quantity.

Great letsgodigital, it is happy to hear you've got that award and it is good to see that there are many valuable sellers on this platform who work everyday to deliver quality content. I have got the Fiverr's choice badge coming and leaving many many times in my Fiverr years but everytime it pops up again is always a good surprise 😄  

3 minutes ago, samus_x said:

Great letsgodigital, it is happy to hear you've got that award and it is good to see that there are many valuable sellers on this platform who work everyday to deliver quality content. I have got the Fiverr's choice badge coming and leaving many many times in my Fiverr years but everytime it pops up again is always a good surprise 😄  

thank you and goodluck to you.

Listen.

Filling up those bars feels amazing. It really does.

But you're not really close to becoming a TRS. 

You're really close to fulfilling the minimum requirements to maybe someday possibly become one. Congratulations!!!

But Fiverr goes through and handpicks TRSes.

Most people sit at level 2 and never progress for years.

Maybe never. 

It took two, maybe three years of being a level two with all those bars filled maddeningly high. Finally I gave up.

Guess what? You don't need to be a TRS to have a wonderful career. Once I got bumped from level 2 all the way down to new seller. Never even took a single hit in my sales because customers cared about my good reviews, not the color of my badge. 

So enjoy meeting all those requirements. It's AWESOME to have a goal. But once you are there, pick another goal besides becoming a TRS.

1 minute ago, rachelbostwick said:

Listen.

You're really close to fulfilling the minimum requirements to maybe someday possibly become one. Congratulations!!!

Maybe never. 

It took two, maybe three years of being a level two with all those bars filled maddeningly high. Finally I gave up.

Guess what? You don't need to be a TRS to have a wonderful career. Once I got bumped from level 2 all the way down to new seller. Never even took a single hit in my sales because customers cared about my good reviews, not the color of my badge. 

So enjoy meeting all those requirements. It's AWESOME to have a goal. But once you are there, pick another goal besides becoming a TRS.

Being a top rated seller has its advantages. But the biggest advantage you can have is being good at what you do. I'm not gonna lie. My business increased after I got the TRS badge. But I was happy being a level 2 for several years, and I never expected to become a TRS. 

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

. My business increased after I got the TRS badge.

You're right, if I'm being honest, mine did, too. But I already have to close my shop every month because I get too much work, so I hardly notice. And probably 2/3 of my work is repeat buyers who picked me before I was ever a TRS, so I don't think I would even lose much if I drop back down now.

Also I really, really like 7 day withdrawal, but it sounds like Fiverr Plus gets you that, too.

23 minutes ago, rachelbostwick said:

Listen.

Maybe never. 

Ya it just a goal, I don't mind being level 2 as it quite good too. To be honest I was sharing it here because i am loving spending time here on this forum so trying to find new posts to make more engaging positive work talks. Thanks for sharing your insight on it.

1 hour ago, rachelbostwick said:

You're right, if I'm being honest, mine did, too. But I already have to close my shop every month because I get too much work, so I hardly notice. And probably 2/3 of my work is repeat buyers who picked me before I was ever a TRS, so I don't think I would even lose much if I drop back down now.

Also I really, really like 7 day withdrawal, but it sounds like Fiverr Plus gets you that, too.

If you have to close up shop due to workloads, that's the perfect time to increase your rates. :D 

I have a lot of repeat buyers as well (about 50% of my business comes from repeat buyers), and I kept getting new buyers as a level 2 as well. But the TRS badge does give you more visibility, and that yellow line saying "Top Rated Seller" and a notice that you're "Vetted by Fiverr" can really have an impact. There's also some buyers who filter out anyone who's not a TRS when they search. 

So being a TRS has a lot of advantages. VIP support and faster response times is also a nice quality-of-life improvement. You get those + 7 day withdrawals with Seller Plus, too, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the advantages goes exclusive to Plus after a while. 

5 minutes ago, smashradio said:

If you have to close up shop due to workloads, that's the perfect time to increase your rates. 😄

I keep raising them and they just keep hiring me, Maestro 😭 

(You're soooo right though. I hereby pledge to raise my rates at least 25% before I open my shop again)

9 minutes ago, smashradio said:

You get those + 7 day withdrawals with Seller Plus, too, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the advantages goes exclusive to Plus after a while. 

I did actually decide to put myself on the waiting list, btw.

6 minutes ago, rachelbostwick said:

I keep raising them and they just keep hiring me, Maestro 😭 

(You're soooo right though. I hereby pledge to raise my rates at least 25% before I open my shop again)

I did actually decide to put myself on the waiting list, btw.

Congos on getting on the waiting list! I'm so proud of you, Maestroness! Also for the price bump! Yeeee-haaaw!

Archived