Is at least a reply considered good practice?

vapetec

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy has over 600 reviews and is a 2 rated seller. This is my first time using the service.

The guy has over 600 reviews and is a 2 rated seller. This is my first time using the service.

I paid for an unlimited changes service but to save time and save the gentleman the trouble and me the time, I just messaged him to let him know firstly that his portfolio was amazing.

I’m surprised that there’s a level 2 seller with over 600 reviews who willingly permits the minefield that is unlimited revisions…

I paid for an unlimited changes service but to save time and save the gentleman the trouble and me the time, I just messaged him to let him know firstly that his portfolio was amazing.

I’m surprised that there’s a level 2 seller with over 600 reviews who willingly permits the minefield that is unlimited revisions…

That’s got to be fodder for a whole different thread…lol

Ive read the rules, soI agree, I do as many revisions as needing during the process of my illustrations, but my package only comes with 3 of the kind that allow a client to return the work. No one has asked for revisions though, lmao

Money is not the issue. The service I booked him for cost £25. Quite frankly even if it was £100 isn’t the issue. We are now nearing deadline time and I have yet to have any interaction with the gentleman.

Yes, I won’t lose my £25 that’s not my worry, but I am sincerely hoping if the guy does come through with my order then it’s bang on as I want it because that was my original purpose was to touch base with the seller.and make some choices from his extensive portfolio this saving the need for “unlimited revisions”. Being on lockdown my order was perfectly times to come in on the 31st deadline.

I do sincerely hope he comes across. Thank for your replies.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums. Thanks for providing more info (your first post was indeed vague).

Yes, the seller is being a bit rude, and I’m sorry to hear this was your first experience. If I may point to some resources, to help with future orders should you decide to give Fiverr one more chance:
. https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/Tips-for-Buyers/14
. https://forum.fiverr.com/c/fiverr-vid/42
. https://www.fiverr.com/support/segments/buyers?segment=buyer

Also, if the order does come through, and even if the end result is amazing, be sure to be honest when rating and reviewing (communication is one of the items to be rated).

Money is not the issue. The service I booked him for cost £25. Quite frankly even if it was £100 isn’t the issue. We are now nearing deadline time and I have yet to have any interaction with the gentleman.

Yes, I won’t lose my £25 that’s not my worry, but I am sincerely hoping if the guy does come through with my order then it’s bang on as I want it because that was my original purpose was to touch base with the seller.and make some choices from his extensive portfolio this saving the need for “unlimited revisions”. Being on lockdown my order was perfectly times to come in on the 31st deadline.

Hey, @vapetec

I understand how frustrating it can be when you plan to launch something on 31st or 1st, and a seller doesn’t deliver on promise.

It’d be totally alright to cancel the order if the seller doesn’t deliver on time. And it might be possible to hire someone else who would be able to deliver within 24 hours or less.

Just make sure you send them a query first and discuss BEFORE placing an order.

P.S. Don’t delay the overall launch for an intro or outro.

I have absolutely no issues using fiverr again. However I will in all likelihood approach a top rated seller and await some contact before I proceed with payment.
Sadly, it is starting to look likely that I won’t receive my order in the timescale specified.

I feel like youre getting upset about something that you shouldnt be upset about, imagine it was a costumer you were dealing with, even if hes ranting you can always choose to be polite, even if that person was ranting, he wasnt being rude, and if he has bought a service and hasnt gotten any response, eve if something happened, he has the right to be at least upset about that, if the seller had an emergency im sure hell clear things with the buyer

@looseink was not upset. He’s calmly correcting and defending himself against your unsubstantiated mischaracterizations of his argument.

Anyone would correct false interpretations about what they said.

Don’t try to discredit someone by saying they seem upset.

If you don’t like people challenging you, then don’t insinuate things that arent true to pad your argument. Easy.

@looseink was not upset. He’s calmly correcting and defending himself against your unsubstantiated mischaracterizations of his argument.

If you don’t like people challenging you, then don’t insinuate things that arent true to pad your argument. Easy.

we werent really arguing, if you read the whole conversation youll notice there was no fight, but just sharing our points, the one attacking me is you

please read everything before taking a comment out of context

Indeed, I probably didnt understand what he meant at first and thought maybe he was talking this way because of another bad buyer, then he explained to me these situations happen and I aknolowledge what he said, but you just came outright to do justice about an argument that didnt happen. He does have a point about what he said, and I fully aknowledge what he says, I believe it is a valid opinion, And I think you should read before writing something like this to someone else

We are now nearing deadline time and I have yet to have any interaction with the gentleman.

Just give it some time, wait for the deadline and if nothing is delivered then you can just cancel the order.

The other thing to consider: it is a Christmas and new year time and a lot of sellers are more disconnected than usually.

I have absolutely no issues using fiverr again. However I will in all likelihood approach a top rated seller and await some contact before I proceed with payment.

Sadly, it is starting to look likely that I won’t receive my order in the timescale specified.

top rated seller and await some contact before I proceed with payment.

TRS, PRO, and similar levels are not guaranteed you will get replies; you have “bad eggs” at all levels.

So the second thing you mentioned is the best.

When you look at the seller’s description, look for requirements for the service, a brief, or something.

Send him/her a message and look above the chat. What does the timer say? What’s the time for the seller. If it is nightime, you can expect to have a delayed answer. But the answer should come in 12 hours from your message.

If that doesn’t happen, look for another option.

I had two orders yesterday rushed because they did not have materials for new year’s social media and probably will have today same panic mode.

I can’t say anything wrong about my recent clients that contacted me. I respect them asking me, hearing my prices, and selecting cheaper options. But what they chose did not deliver, and now the panic mode is ON. Intro, banners, cards, IG post…

For time sensitive orders it is best to use someone you know already that delivers.

top rated seller and await some contact before I proceed with payment.

TRS, PRO, and similar levels are not guaranteed you will get replies; you have “bad eggs” at all levels.

So the second thing you mentioned is the best.

When you look at the seller’s description, look for requirements for the service, a brief, or something.

Send him/her a message and look above the chat. What does the timer say? What’s the time for the seller. If it is nightime, you can expect to have a delayed answer. But the answer should come in 12 hours from your message.

If that doesn’t happen, look for another option.

I had two orders yesterday rushed because they did not have materials for new year’s social media and probably will have today same panic mode.

I can’t say anything wrong about my recent clients that contacted me. I respect them asking me, hearing my prices, and selecting cheaper options. But what they chose did not deliver, and now the panic mode is ON. Intro, banners, cards, IG post…

For time sensitive orders it is best to use someone you know already that delivers.

Though with Pro sellers you’re probably likely to get a reply including because it says:

We want your Pro experience to be flawless. That’s why we offer all Pro customers 24/7 premium access to our Pro Customer Experience team, who’ll respond to your query in under an hour.

Though with Pro sellers you’re probably likely to get a reply including because it says:

We want your Pro experience to be flawless. That’s why we offer all Pro customers 24/7 premium access to our Pro Customer Experience team, who’ll respond to your query in under an hour.

who’ll respond to your query in under an hour.

We can’t share names here but I have seen PRO with 2 and 3 stars profile ratings. And response time is weeks.

who’ll respond to your query in under an hour.

We can’t share names here but I have seen PRO with 2 and 3 stars profile ratings. And response time is weeks.

I have seen PRO with 2 and 3 stars profile ratings. And response time is weeks.

What subcategory did you see those in? I haven’t seen any with a response time in weeks (max I’ve seen is 3 days for a Pro) or with < 4 stars profile rating, though I’ve seen at least 1 with a low gig rating.

I assume they might lose the Pro badge if they respond in weeks or especially if they get too low profile ratings (like TRS can lose the TRS badge if they get rating <4.7 stars avg on their profile but maybe the lower limit is less for the Pro badge).

edit: I later saw one with a 16 day response time and one with 3.7 stars (and one with 3 stars but no active gigs.).

I have seen PRO with 2 and 3 stars profile ratings. And response time is weeks.

What subcategory did you see those in? I haven’t seen any with a response time in weeks (max I’ve seen is 3 days for a Pro) or with < 4 stars profile rating, though I’ve seen at least 1 with a low gig rating.

I assume they might lose the Pro badge if they respond in weeks or especially if they get too low profile ratings (like TRS can lose the TRS badge if they get rating <4.7 stars avg on their profile but maybe the lower limit is less for the Pro badge).

edit: I later saw one with a 16 day response time and one with 3.7 stars (and one with 3 stars but no active gigs.).

What subcategory did you see those in?

Why, oh, why did you do this???

I will start a new topic so I am not off because what I just discovered is just pure crazy.

Archived