Is at least a reply considered good practice?

vapetec

What subcategory did you see those in?

Why, oh, why did you do this???

I will start a new topic so I am not off because what I just discovered is just pure crazy.

Thanks. Sorry, I was curious to know the answer. It’s on topic in that it’s to do with whether sellers reply and how long etc. which is related to the title of the thread though, but yes it would be better in another thread if it’s to do with Pro sellers only and ratings.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To keep it simple I am just annoyed that after so many messages, a platform which Fiverr give a buyer (me) to communicate with the designer, isn’t being utilised.

After almost a dozen messages about various design ideas and music choices which I wanted to chat about even when I saw the seller was online, but totally refuse to communicate.

I haven’t done anything wrong other than to buy a service and today is the deadline for delivery but I’m not holding my breath that the delivery will be made.

As a disclaimer Fiverr have sent message that I can cancel my order if the buyer doesn’t come through in the deadline. Sort of misses the point. They seller had 3-4 days and today we will see if he’s bothered to complete my you tube intro outro.

In my opinion, £25 buys you an ‘off the shelf’ service. £25 is also arguably about an hourly rate.

If I was your seller and you’d sent me a dozen messages (having bought an hour of my time) I would be a bit miffed - I could either spend that hour getting on with creating the service you’d ordered, or else spend the entire hour replying to your messages.

If your seller is level 2 rated and has 600 reviews, then sit tight. He’s likely working through other orders first and will come on to yours.

In order to get to level 2 and maintain this level with hundreds of orders, sellers have to be aware of customer service. Just leave him be to get on with the job - unless you fancy paying for another hour of his time to reply to the bombardment of messages!

Seems like I’m back at the drawing board. The service and finished item was atrocious. You can tell next to no time was spent on it.

If anyone can recommend a good you tube intro outro where the seller actually takes time and does it right for a reasonable cost please advise.

Seems like I’m back at the drawing board. The service and finished item was atrocious. You can tell next to no time was spent on it.

If anyone can recommend a good you tube intro outro where the seller actually takes time and does it right for a reasonable cost please advise.

What are your expectations?

I do some video for musicians I know (often after I mixed their record and the realize they have nothing for YouTube) and sometimes they are a joy as they send a reasonable number of assets (~15 images) and everything is really clear Others send 100 messy images that cannot be used and expect that the images are going to do things that require Luke Skywalker - whilst they assume I am a mind reader. I work to see those early and decline them.

The customers I love working for are those who understand that I am a Creative and there to help tell their Story my way so they provide all the assets needed but no more and let me do my job. they love what comes back because it is art and not rushed formula faff.

If you don’t want to research Selllers, and you can tell the ones who will be a good fit if you use your sense, you can try a Buyer Request, but please be sure to make the job attractive in content & budget.

🙂

p.s. I don’t run any video Gigs here, not to say I wouldn’t do one, just that I am not saying this to you to advertise myself but see if we can help you be oriented right.

Archived