How to pursue and win a customer support cancelled order

goldlive

Hello Sellers,

Let’s discuss how you can stand on your feet to challenge and win a customer support cancelled order. It’s painful to put in so much resources to complete an order and all of a sudden they get cancelled by support without any form of communication to explain what transpired. This can be devastating especially when it’s a big project that so much effort has been invested.

First of all, you have to be sure you provide high quality work as this is the only way you can win. If your work is good, you stand a chance, but if otherwise, I advise you to let it go. Instead, focus on improving your skills and hope for better days. Afterall no buyer wants to pay for mediocrity and the truth is they don’t have to.

Aside from not having the ability to match your buyer’s expectations, you can challenge biased customer support cancellations or fraudulent chargebacks and get your money back. As a seller, I’ve experienced some in the past and confidently fought to win back my money.

All you have a do is contact support and provide evidence that you did a great job and as described in your gig description. You can decide to provide screenshots and whatever you deem necessary to back up your claims. Now sit back and expect support to respond.

Disclaimer: this will not work if you do not provide quality work or deliver jobs that are contrary to your gig.

i don’t see this post as truthful at all. I have contacted support many times and all i got is bot-like responses. they never checked the screenshots, videos etc i shared as proof.

if they buyer says cancel order, support cancels order. No exceptions.

i don’t see this post as truthful at all. I have contacted support many times and all i got is bot-like responses. they never checked the screenshots, videos etc i shared as proof.

As a seller, I have personal experience of customer support siding with me and reversing a cancellation and removing unwarranted feedback.

It’s all about keeping the evidence factual, brief and easy to understand.

I suspect too many sellers, when they complain to CS, write an emotional rant and don’t provide clear evidence. I say that based on the emotional nonsensical rants I read in the forums.

No exceptions.

To be honest, we don’t know that. We only see the orders that were successfully cancelled.

I’ve had a few buyers starting to behave funny after the order was complete, in a way that made me think they were working on getting a refund behind my back. Whether I’m fantastic at defending my work at all times (which is doubtful), no actual refund attempts were made or they were made but CS told all of them to take a hike - who knows.

I already stated reasons why you may lose the case.

As a seller, I have personal experience of customer support siding with me and reversing a cancellation and removing unwarranted feedback.

It’s all about keeping the evidence factual, brief and easy to understand.

I suspect too many sellers, when they complain to CS, write an emotional rant and don’t provide clear evidence. I say that based on the emotional nonsensical rants I read in the forums.

You raise an interesting point.

I currently have an ongoing ticket with customer support in which i have tried to be complete factual and logical instead of emotional.

I wrote about it in detail in a separate post. Can i request you to take a look at it and tell me if i raise good enough points or not?

Because the response from CS has still been cold and indifferent. bot-like replies without addressing the actual issue

You raise an interesting point.

I currently have an ongoing ticket with customer support in which i have tried to be complete factual and logical instead of emotional.

I wrote about it in detail in a separate post. Can i request you to take a look at it and tell me if i raise good enough points or not?

Because the response from CS has still been cold and indifferent. bot-like replies without addressing the actual issue

How would you like them to address that “issue”? What you want support to do is to force buyer to accept an order (which will never happen) or to communicate with your buyer instead of yourself. Fiverr is not there to do your job for you, it’s your job to try to communicate and resolve things with buyers when they a raise even if it’s annoying as hell.

How would you like them to address that “issue”? What you want support to do is to force buyer to accept an order (which will never happen) or to communicate with your buyer instead of yourself. Fiverr is not there to do your job for you, it’s your job to try to communicate and resolve things with buyers when they a raise even if it’s annoying as hell.

no, i do not want fiverr to forcefully complete the order.

no, i do not want them to do my job.

do not make assumptions.

There are a number of things they could do. The buyer is abusing the “Request Revisions” feature by waiting for 3 days and then pressing the “Request Revisions” button, without telling me what is to be revised, and without answering my inquiries or responsding to anything i say to him.

Fiverr could penalise/warn him for misusing a site feature.

Fiverr could tell him that support has been contacted by seller with complains of mal-intent and tell him to speak to me to resolve the issue, or speak to support to convey what is going on, or when he requests revisions this time add a message that explains what needs to be revised.

That’s just a start, i could make a list for you.

I have accounts on 3 other freelancing websites and i can tell you what they do in such cases. For cheating so blatant they actually do complete the order and pay you for your work. I can share proofs but the system would probbly block them.

Another website takes the dispute to a moderator who reads the chat, listens to both sides and then makes a decision.

In short, there are MANY things that could be done. Fiverr does NOTHING if it’s the seller who is complaining. I am sure if the buyer had contacted them with this many proofs, the order would be cancelled in a second.

I am sure you already know all this, so your lack of empathy is not welcome.

no, i do not want fiverr to forcefully complete the order.

no, i do not want them to do my job.

do not make assumptions.

There are a number of things they could do. The buyer is abusing the “Request Revisions” feature by waiting for 3 days and then pressing the “Request Revisions” button, without telling me what is to be revised, and without answering my inquiries or responsding to anything i say to him.

Fiverr could penalise/warn him for misusing a site feature.

Fiverr could tell him that support has been contacted by seller with complains of mal-intent and tell him to speak to me to resolve the issue, or speak to support to convey what is going on, or when he requests revisions this time add a message that explains what needs to be revised.

That’s just a start, i could make a list for you.

I have accounts on 3 other freelancing websites and i can tell you what they do in such cases. For cheating so blatant they actually do complete the order and pay you for your work. I can share proofs but the system would probbly block them.

Another website takes the dispute to a moderator who reads the chat, listens to both sides and then makes a decision.

In short, there are MANY things that could be done. Fiverr does NOTHING if it’s the seller who is complaining. I am sure if the buyer had contacted them with this many proofs, the order would be cancelled in a second.

I am sure you already know all this, so your lack of empathy is not welcome.

and tell him to speak to me to resolve the issue, or speak to support to convey what is going on, or when he requests revisions this time add a message that explains what needs to be revised.

Did you ask them to do so?

Every time I asked them to contact buyers on my behalf they did.

Secondly you could also tell your client that they are misusing revisions button and that they can just drop you a message instead.

Third: you are running your own business and fiverr is just a platform. What would you do if you were the complete owner of your business and there wouldn’t be been fiverr behind your back?

All business have to deal with difficult clients and take losses in some cases.

and tell him to speak to me to resolve the issue, or speak to support to convey what is going on, or when he requests revisions this time add a message that explains what needs to be revised.

Did you ask them to do so?

Every time I asked them to contact buyers on my behalf they did.

Secondly you could also tell your client that they are misusing revisions button and that they can just drop you a message instead.

Third: you are running your own business and fiverr is just a platform. What would you do if you were the complete owner of your business and there wouldn’t be been fiverr behind your back?

All business have to deal with difficult clients and take losses in some cases.

1. Did you ask them to do so? - Yes, many times.

2. Secondly you could also tell your client that they are misusing revisions button and that they can just drop you a message instead. - Already did.

3. What would you do if you were the complete owner of your business and there wouldn’t be been fiverr behind your back? - doesn’t apply to this situation. I do work for people outside websites too and then the manner of dealing is very different. I take 30-50% payment in advance and then start the work. Over here, the work is coming through a third-party/moderator (or whatever way you put it) called Fiverr who takes 20% from me on every order and claims to be a fair marketplace. Fiverr wants us to keep communication here, share files here, follow the rules laid down by Fiverr, and they punish us when we don’t follow the rules, so in turn, they SHOULD protect us when someone commits a violation against us of this degree. They claim that they do protect us, but they actually don’t.

Look, I have 86 completed orders and 15 cancelled ones. Almost all of the cancelled ones were due to the buyer ordering without discussing cost etc, or ordering a service i dont offer, or blackmailing like the current buyer is.

In all 15 i went to customer support and all i got were responses like “I am sorry this happened, we know it’s not your fault, we wish we could help etc”. Now I couldn’t’ve been wrong all 15 times. I think if they penalised the buyer even ONCE, i could say ok, you win some, you lose some. But that’s not the case at fiverr.

the stats are very different on other sites. i’ve won more disputes than i’ve lost. and the disputes happen way less frequently because buyers know they won’t get away with cheating.

Look, I have 86 completed orders and 15 cancelled ones. Almost all of the cancelled ones were due to the buyer ordering without discussing cost etc, or ordering a service i dont offer, or blackmailing like the current buyer is.

In all 15 i went to customer support and all i got were responses like “I am sorry this happened, we know it’s not your fault, we wish we could help etc”. Now I couldn’t’ve been wrong all 15 times. I think if they penalised the buyer even ONCE, i could say ok, you win some, you lose some. But that’s not the case at fiverr.

the stats are very different on other sites. i’ve won more disputes than i’ve lost. and the disputes happen way less frequently because buyers know they won’t get away with cheating.

Almost all of the cancelled ones were due to the buyer ordering without discussing cost etc, or ordering a service i dont offer

Perhaps you need to tighten up your buyer requirements on the order form?:thinking:

Before I added this to my buyer requirements buyers would order and expect me to rewrite articles when I do not offer that service. 🤨

817939890_ScreenShot2020-12-04at9_50_11AM.thumb.png.ff9309730984e056877ba91b6248fc54.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 9.50.11 AM1164×1024 81.1 KB

Before I added this to buyer requirements, buyers would send documents with more words than my package provided. :roll_eyes:

1800626909_ScreenShot2020-12-04at9_52_09AM.thumb.png.79163c29f336812fef43bf25567fd299.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 9.52.09 AM1174×906 79.4 KB

Before I added this I would get buyers who would attach PDFs with which I typically do hot work. 😕

1224595382_ScreenShot2020-12-04at9_53_34AM.thumb.png.c0b1277f2885ff8e87f5d7ed9c1c02ec.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 9.53.34 AM1188×950 78.8 KB

• 2 weeks later...

Almost all of the cancelled ones were due to the buyer ordering without discussing cost etc, or ordering a service i dont offer

Perhaps you need to tighten up your buyer requirements on the order form?:thinking:

Before I added this to my buyer requirements buyers would order and expect me to rewrite articles when I do not offer that service. 🤨

Before I added this to buyer requirements, buyers would send documents with more words than my package provided. :roll_eyes:

Before I added this I would get buyers who would attach PDFs with which I typically do hot work. 😕

Thanks for sharing this info.

No exceptions.

To be honest, we don’t know that. We only see the orders that were successfully cancelled.

I’ve had a few buyers starting to behave funny after the order was complete, in a way that made me think they were working on getting a refund behind my back. Whether I’m fantastic at defending my work at all times (which is doubtful), no actual refund attempts were made or they were made but CS told all of them to take a hike - who knows.

. Whether I’m fantastic at defending my work at all times (which is doubtful), no actual refund attempts were made or they were made but CS told all of them to take a hike - who knows

It would be great feedback if CS told us that kind of thing.

It’s one of the downfalls of selling in a marketplace. You can only get the feedback and data the company allows.

I recently went through this and after 2 weeks of my back to back projects with clients as im new seller here, been 1.5 month here.
Cancelled order effected me so much i can’t see my buyer requests.
Thankyou for sharing we defend our own rights when we can.
I have a question, even after winning your request and getting the order & money back, what if the buyer leave a bad review/rating ?
bad review also effects the profile, as does cancellation.
So is the justice being done to the seller in any contrast ? Because to what i have read through forums with sellers experiences, despite winning their order and money, they still go through problems facing less buyer requests and orders.

Please reply to this, I welcome the shared knowledge anytime.

Archived