PLEASE READ - Unable to find gig in search SOLVED

guymastrion

Who will win?

The sellers who don’t put all their eggs in one basket are the ones who usually “win”. It is unwise to expect the search system to be your only source of sales.

Well, finally, you indirectly agreed that the search does not work.

It is unwise to expect the search system to be your only source of sales.

Hm, okay. What is the reason to use fiverr then? If top300 site in the world (according to alexa) can’t provide traffic, because search does not work, and you should find customers by urself outside of fiverr and bring them here. I can just as well bring buyers to my site, messanger and etc. The meaning of the marketplce is losing, do not you think so?

Hm, okay. What is the reason to use fiverr then? If top300 site in the world (according to alexa) can’t provide traffic, because search does not work, and you should find customers by urself outside of fiverr and bring them here. I can just as well bring buyers to my site, messanger and etc. The meaning of the marketplce is losing, do not you think so?

Hi toner2d, how are you?

I’ve been following search result posts here on Forum for like a month. I found your comments on many posts.

My gig was also not in search for more than 2 months. It is now searchable, I have made a helpful post here.

I hope you are all doing good. I’ve been following search result posts here on Forum for like a month. I found many people with thousands of reviews saying their gig is not searchable. My gig was also not in search for more than 2 months. I could only find it using local filter, online sellers, and my title, and that too where no buyers will reach. Even if I write gig title, my gig was not in search results until the last page. Only local seller filter worked the most - showing my gig on last…

I did no such thing. Please don’t try to spin my words. The search system is working as it should, because Fiverr has said that it is working as designed. Fiverr knows exactly how their search system was coded, and therefore, if they say it is working, then it is working. The system is not going to work the way we want it to – it’s Fiverr’s system. They set the format, rules, and functions of the system, and can have the algorithm function however THEY want it to function.

My encouragement for sellers not to expect the search system to be their only source of sales, is a marketing and self-responsibility comment, not a criticism of the way the system works. No seller should be sitting back and expecting the search system to provide their sales. If anything, the search system should be an auxiliary source of customers. A good seller will always work to do their own marketing, their own promotion, their own goal-setting, and strive to exceed the goals they set in reaching out to their target customers.

What is the reason to use fiverr then?

You can answer this question for yourself. Me, personally, I’m here to earn an income by providing my valuable services to my target customers.

I can just as well bring buyers to my site, messanger and etc.

Fantastic. Then it might be a better use of your time to do that, instead of complaining that Fiverr doesn’t operate THEIR site the way you want them to. This is Fiverr’s site (just as you could start your own site, and set your own rules); Fiverr can do whatever they want, and you agreed to their choices when you signed up for your account.

The meaning of the marketplce is losing, do not you think so?

As far as I can tell, the Fiverr marketplace is thriving – exactly as it was designed to thrive.

I did no such thing. Please don’t try to spin my words. The search system is working as it should, because Fiverr has said that it is working as designed. Fiverr knows exactly how their search system was coded, and therefore, if they say it is working, then it is working. The system is not going to work the way we want it to – it’s Fiverr’s system. They set the format, rules, and functions of the system, and can have the algorithm function however THEY want it to function.

My encouragement for sellers not to expect the search system to be their only source of sales, is a marketing and self-responsibility comment, not a criticism of the way the system works. No seller should be sitting back and expecting the search system to provide their sales. If anything, the search system should be an auxiliary source of customers. A good seller will always work to do their own marketing, their own promotion, their own goal-setting, and strive to exceed the goals they set in reaching out to their target customers.

What is the reason to use fiverr then?

You can answer this question for yourself. Me, personally, I’m here to earn an income by providing my valuable services to my target customers.

I can just as well bring buyers to my site, messanger and etc.

Fantastic. Then it might be a better use of your time to do that, instead of complaining that Fiverr doesn’t operate THEIR site the way you want them to. This is Fiverr’s site (just as you could start your own site, and set your own rules); Fiverr can do whatever they want, and you agreed to their choices when you signed up for your account.

The meaning of the marketplce is losing, do not you think so?

As far as I can tell, the Fiverr marketplace is thriving – exactly as it was designed to thrive.

THEIR site

It turns out that you are not a real freelancer on this site? Just an ordinary hired worker with a short contracts, the receipt of which depends on the boss. I don’t say that this is bad or good. It depends on boss, anyway it’s not freelancing.

And this “boss” still wants you to bring your own contractors and potentional buyers here, so that he also makes money on them, in exchange for what he promises to give you a place in the search, but as it turns out he is not obliged to do this, and generally never promised this. So all bosses faqs about “how to work with me and become succesfull” is just ordinary corporate hypocrisy and a verbose promise, like all shiny 5 point stars, that mean nothing.

you agreed to their choices

I’ve never ever agreed with such search system

Fiverr marketplace is thriving

I’m sorry. But it’s not true. It was and is non-thriving as a marketplace, even with multi-million investments. In recent years, fiverr really started to earn money, but not on the fact that buyers rushed here to buy the best services on the Internet, provided by the best search in the world. Fiverr began to earn by going to the New York Stock Exchange. It thrives not as a marketplace, earning on commissions from transactions, but as a product for external speculations, which is generally weakly related to what we are doing here.

Where did you find “personal attack”?

My apologies, given the nature of your post, and your previous commentary, I thought you were referring to me, by changing my username “baas” to “boss”, and referring to my advice as hypocritical. It could be read that way, but I’ll assume you were calling Fiverr hypocritical, which is still quite rude.

I sincerely apologize if I offended you with something. But I didn’t want that.
On this, I generally end up writing on this forum, it does not lead to anything, except that I can offend someone completely not wanting it. I’ll go in for my own brand on other platforms, it will be much more productive.

Well, what I call hypocrisy certain things, I sincerely consider it true and do not see any possible argument that could convince me in this position.

Long live analytics. I hope fiverr will be great again, lol.
GL to everyone.

This post was aimed at new sellers.

When you create a gig, Fiverr will see if it does well by moving it back and forth. This is when all of the new sellers get confused.

I’m aware of that problem which they will hopefully fix in the coming update which involved sellers like you.

You’re right, I’ve created my first gig 2 months ago so I don’t have much experience with this.

But from what I’ve heard, it’s a load of gibberish from new sellers.

No buyer will ever apply filter like local buyer and then go to the last page to buy something.

This is not true at all. I’ve had many buyers who filtered and found me in search of an American seller. My long term buyer who I do weekly projects with for the last month and future 3 months found me by filtering for an American (reliable) seller.

“American” is now synonymous with “reliable”? In your opinion, what are non-Americans?

• 1 month later...

Hi toner2d, how are you?

I’ve been following search result posts here on Forum for like a month. I found your comments on many posts.

My gig was also not in search for more than 2 months. It is now searchable, I have made a helpful post here.

I hope you are all doing good. I’ve been following search result posts here on Forum for like a month. I found many people with thousands of reviews saying their gig is not searchable. My gig was also not in search for more than 2 months. I could only find it using local filter, online sellers, and my title, and that too where no buyers will reach. Even if I write gig title, my gig was not in search results until the last page. Only local seller filter worked the most - showing my gig on last…

I’ll try this. I hope it works. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

People with thousands of reviews are facing this problem. You can’t deny that gigs with 0 reviews are in search and gigs with thousands of reviews and continuous sales from regular buyers aren’t searchable.

Yes, you can find your gig by applying filters but that doesn’t matter. No buyer will ever apply filter like local buyer and then go to the last page to buy something.

Also, it is not about ratings or performance, it’s just Fiverr’s algorithm.

“Ranking Doesn’t Matter?” hm? With due respect, I think you have a lot to learn about Fiverr and how it works.

You have 29 reviews, imagine sellers with thousands of reviews who worked their butt off for years and CS gets back to them with a template reply that gigs that are doing better are ranked above them. While all they can find are gigs with 0, negative reviews or last order delivered a year ago.

So, dude, the ranking does matter.

And yeah, your post says, I did a little experiment, I think you forgot to add that experiment in the post. Waiting for it.

Totally agreed. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we need at least someone telling the truth what is happening in fiverr 😐

• 4 months later...

Thanks for this information. But let me tell you one thing about my Gig is that. After seaching appropriate keyword, i uploaded Gig, before uploading GIG my keyword contains 434 services and other keyword contain 233 services and after uploading Gig the count was same and i searched all pages for my Gig but it was no where. Please do help me with this issue or let me know if i did any thing wrong, because my first GIG is working fine as more than 1k services are available for that but my that gig is appearing in first page of Fiverr.

Thanks for this information. But let me tell you one thing about my Gig is that. After seaching appropriate keyword, i uploaded Gig, before uploading GIG my keyword contains 434 services and other keyword contain 233 services and after uploading Gig the count was same and i searched all pages for my Gig but it was no where. Please do help me with this issue or let me know if i did any thing wrong, because my first GIG is working fine as more than 1k services are available for that but my that gig is appearing in first page of Fiverr.

Same thing happening to me also… 😦

Archived