The Shift: Fiverr's first-ever virtual event

mjensen415

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I’m confused by the difference of time as I’m in (UTC +5), and it looks like a whole night function for me. 🧐

Also, I just can’t manage with our global clock fashion, GMT, UTC, EDT, and blaw balw . Everybody is using their own clock, don’t Globe have one Central Clock to get the time converted according to one’s locale? :thinking:

GMT - Greenwich mean time, based in Greenwich in the UK.

UTC - Universal co-ordinated time, again based in the UK but doesn’t change for the UK’s daylight saving time in summer.

EDT - Eastern Timezone based in the east of the USA

As Fiverr is based in EDT they tend to use that for their times. Your ticket is likely to show UTC though.

A quick google will tell you any of these compared to where you live. I.E. EDT is +5 in the UK during summer.

I am sorry but I can not find anything substantial about this event. On the link you provided it is just same text as here with main description “The Shift - our free virtual summit featuring skill-based workshops, discussions around future trends, networking opportunities, and more!”

This tells me nothing.

Are they going to publish schedule and more details later?

What do they mean “skilled based workshops”?

This is for entertainment purposes? Telemarketing where they talk relevant things for total sum of 10 minutes and the rest is propaganda and decoration? Sales pitch?

I will wait for more concrete explanation what is this.

I think the purposes of this event is showing the Fiverr community how they can broaden their chances and their business through online platform.

I rather not attend event that not focuses on the specific topic

GMT - Greenwich mean time, based in Greenwich in the UK.

UTC - Universal co-ordinated time, again based in the UK but doesn’t change for the UK’s daylight saving time in summer.

EDT - Eastern Timezone based in the east of the USA

As Fiverr is based in EDT they tend to use that for their times. Your ticket is likely to show UTC though.

A quick google will tell you any of these compared to where you live. I.E. EDT is +5 in the UK during summer.

Fun fact, Fiverr’s HQ is in Israel, GMT+3. We have remote offices in NYC, SF, Orlando, London and Berlin.

The ticket should clarify that it’s 10am EDT.

Fun fact, Fiverr’s HQ is in Israel, GMT+3. We have remote offices in NYC, SF, Orlando, London and Berlin.

Amazing, learn something new everyday! I always thought they were based in NYC. Has it always been in Israel?

I am sorry but I can not find anything substantial about this event.

I’m so pleased I’m not the only one confused about this. I’m not allocating a whole day to… Well, it sounds like sit in front of my computer watching videos about Fiverr.

Also, I usually I only go to events where at 5 or 6, it cuts to free booze o’clock. I see no free booze here and that troubles me. :thinking:

It mentions workshops and discussions, networking opportunities, so it looks like interaction rather than just listening to the speakers (unless the workshops and discussions happen between the speakers). I’m actually curious about the ‘logistics’.

CEST

Thu, Jul 9, 4 pm -

Fri, Jul 10, 12 am

BTW, so you wouldn’t have to allocate a whole day but night, but I agree that the lack of booze seems even more troublesome in that case 😉

I’ve attended a few of these events (other companies). I’m curious if there will be an interval for Q&As? These events can house hundreds of people. But I know there’s an option for people to type in questions.

@misscrystal Yeah, I’m wondering the same thing. My schedule on that day is tight.

Archived