What do you do when someone wants you to add their audiojungle music to a video?

uk1000

Not yet (I meant if they wanted to check). Yesterday I started on a support ticket - I wasn’t sure if they should cancel or what was best to do, but I didn’t create the ticket in the end.

There is always the question of whether or not he really does have a license but if the track doesn’t have the watermark voice he must have it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point is that you would deliver video incl. audio for which YOU do not have licence to do so. I would not sleep well in such case.

Though you’ve just contradicted what the others above have said, that the client’s license on that site he bought from will allow me to add it to the end product for him. Maybe I should email that site just to be sure. edit: I don’t see any email address for that site though.

Though you’ve just contradicted what the others above have said, that the client’s license on that site he bought from will allow me to add it to the end product for him. Maybe I should email that site just to be sure. edit: I don’t see any email address for that site though.

I wonder if they would tell you if he has a license. You would probably need to know the name of the purchaser. It would be best to cancel if you are still unsure I would think rather than go through this any further. You probably won’t be able to verify if he actually has a real license.

I wonder if they would tell you if he has a license. You would probably need to know the name of the purchaser. It would be best to cancel if you are still unsure I would think rather than go through this any further. You probably won’t be able to verify if he actually has a real license.

Like I said, there’s enough on the order page that the buyer decided to post to show the buyer bought a license for it, which CS can check if they want to.

Like I said, there’s enough on the order page that the buyer decided to post to show the buyer bought a license for it, which CS can check if they want to.

Copyright of materials submitted by the buyer are their responsibility. It’s not up to you to really care. If a buyer wants me to do a video consisting of shutterstock watermarked pictures and a soundtrack consisting only of audio jungle soundbites, that’s their call. I’m not doing anything illegal by creating it.

What I don’t do is remove watermarks on request, as I’ve had people ask me in the past. But whatever a client sends, I’ll use as is. A client wants to have an edit that is the entirety of a The Godfather dvd-rip with a Metallica soundtrack downloaded from napster and sends me the files? I know you don’t own the rights to any of that, but knock yourself out.

Copyright of materials submitted by the buyer are their responsibility. It’s not up to you to really care. If a buyer wants me to do a video consisting of shutterstock watermarked pictures and a soundtrack consisting only of audio jungle soundbites, that’s their call. I’m not doing anything illegal by creating it.

What I don’t do is remove watermarks on request, as I’ve had people ask me in the past. But whatever a client sends, I’ll use as is. A client wants to have an edit that is the entirety of a The Godfather dvd-rip with a Metallica soundtrack downloaded from napster and sends me the files? I know you don’t own the rights to any of that, but knock yourself out.

It’s not up to you to really care. If a buyer wants me to do a video consisting of shutterstock watermarked pictures and a soundtrack consisting only of audio jungle soundbites,

If we know the license doesn’t allow us we could get our account in trouble etc. though. Since I can’t see a way to contact the audio site to be sure I’ll contact CS to get their opinion to be even more sure about it. But since Frank, Cyaxrex etc. said it’s allowed I’m assuming it is.

It’s not up to you to really care. If a buyer wants me to do a video consisting of shutterstock watermarked pictures and a soundtrack consisting only of audio jungle soundbites,

If we know the license doesn’t allow us we could get our account in trouble etc. though. Since I can’t see a way to contact the audio site to be sure I’ll contact CS to get their opinion to be even more sure about it. But since Frank, Cyaxrex etc. said it’s allowed I’m assuming it is.

No - if you use an asset you source yourself that you don’t own the rights to, you can get in trouble. The client is responsible for his own files, not you. I can’t possible know or check the copyright on the assets clients send me. Say someone sends me video of a jacket to do a kickstarter video. How do I know they paid the videographers and own the footage? I don’t. They may have stolen it.

If you want 100% certainty (understandable, seeing how Fiverr’s own terms often seem to be interpreted rather according to the letters of the law than their spirit/raison d’être by support, which might also apply to 3rd party site’s terms, and by that, doubly to Fiverr…), Google for an email for the site. You wouldn’t find an email for Fiverr on the site itself either but you would find it by Googling, so it’s a chance.

Or perhaps you can register a (test) account and then might receive emails with something other than a no-reply mail and or have access to a ticket system and could ask.

I don’t think Fiverr support would want or be able to tell you how exactly that other site’s terms apply in your case, but you can try, of course; as we know, they are always here for us.

I’d assume this kind of thing might happen more than once in your niche, and most probably all similar sites have similar or virtually identical terms, so maybe it’s time you invest once to feel sure about it and you’re primed for similar cases in future and worth it rather than wondering about whether to cancel or not next time again.

If you want 100% certainty (understandable, seeing how Fiverr’s own terms often seem to be interpreted rather according to the letters of the law than their spirit/raison d’être by support, which might also apply to 3rd party site’s terms, and by that, doubly to Fiverr…), Google for an email for the site. You wouldn’t find an email for Fiverr on the site itself either but you would find it by Googling, so it’s a chance.

Or perhaps you can register a (test) account and then might receive emails with something other than a no-reply mail and or have access to a ticket system and could ask.

I don’t think Fiverr support would want or be able to tell you how exactly that other site’s terms apply in your case, but you can try, of course; as we know, they are always here for us.

I’d assume this kind of thing might happen more than once in your niche, and most probably all similar sites have similar or virtually identical terms, so maybe it’s time you invest once to feel sure about it and you’re primed for similar cases in future and worth it rather than wondering about whether to cancel or not next time again.

Thanks. I spent a while looking for an email address for it but couldn’t find it but did see the support/ticket system so if I can’t find an email I’ll create an account there to ask, to be sure.

Thanks. I spent a while looking for an email address for it but couldn’t find it but did see the support/ticket system so if I can’t find an email I’ll create an account there to ask, to be sure.

I thought you were going to take Franks advice and go ahead and do it. What changed your mind?

The point is that you would deliver video incl. audio for which YOU do not have licence to do so. I would not sleep well in such case.

This post:

The point is that you would deliver video incl. audio for which YOU do not have licence to do so

Even though the buyer has the license and Frank, Cyaxrex etc. said that should allow me to add it to the end product for the buyer.

I had that issue with a big site a while ago; some deep-Googling brought an email to light but I just got an automated reply telling me they don’t offer email support anymore without any hint of what to do else, so it seemed the only way to reach them was indeed to register an account and use the integrated ticket system, even if you never intended to have an account.

Data mining and ticket system vendor people apparently are doing a good job convincing companies to hide behind a virtual castle moat.

This post:

The point is that you would deliver video incl. audio for which YOU do not have licence to do so

Even though the buyer has the license and Frank, Cyaxrex etc. said that should allow me to add it to the end product for the buyer.

Frank said it’s enough that the buyer has a license. He’s a Pro seller and an expert. He should know.

This post:

you mean @blavaro the seller who shows envato stuff on his gig’s demo videos?

Sorry but I’d be careful who I’d take advice from.

I seriously doubt @blavaro fully understands Envato’s license agreement and I 100% don’t understand how he mentions losing sleep at night over the sound issue whilst doing that on their gigs.

you mean @blavaro the seller who shows envato stuff on his gig’s demo videos?

Sorry but I’d be careful who I’d take advice from.

I seriously doubt @blavaro fully understands Envato’s license agreement and I 100% don’t understand how he mentions losing sleep at night over the sound issue whilst doing that on their gigs.

I can sleep well. I created stuff using a licence.

I can sleep well. I created stuff using a licence.

so you are purchasing the same envato template over and over when you get sales in?

You spend $40 each time you make a $10 sale? Wow, you are a philanthropist.

Because if you don’t then you, in fact, have no idea how envato’s licensing works and you are offering those packages illegally.

if I can’t find an email I’ll create an account there to ask, to be sure.

I’m sorry, but if I was your buyer, I would be horrified to know that instead of working on my order for the past 24-hours, you had been researching online to find out if I am a criminal. ESPECIALLY when 1. I would assume you would know the necessary nuances of copyright law before offerinng a gig like you do. And 2. It has already been clarified to you several times why there is niothing untoward happening here.

Are you really still going round in circles with this, or is this a windup?

Also, why contact Audio Jungle? They cannot help you if they do not know what license your buyer as bought. To find that information, you would have to reveal your buyers identity to them. That would be a major breach of their privacy.

Is there actually a different underlying reason you do not want to complete this order?

so you are purchasing the same envato template over and over when you get sales in?

You spend $40 each time you make a $10 sale? Wow, you are a philanthropist.

Because if you don’t then you, in fact, have no idea how envato’s licensing works and you are offering those packages illegally.

No, I am allowed to use one composition from the package 1 time. As soon as I run the composition, I purchase the licence again. That´s not a big deal.

I’m sorry, but if I was your buyer, I would be horrified to know that instead of working on my order for the past 24-hours, you had been researching online to find out if I am a criminal. ESPECIALLY when 1. I would assume you would know the necessary nuances of copyright law before offerinng a gig like you do. And 2. It has already been clarified to you several times why there is niothing untoward happening here.

Also, why contact Audio Jungle? They cannot help you if they do not know what license your buyer as bought. To find that information, you would have to reveal your buyers identity to them. That would be a major breach of their privacy.

Is there actually a different underlying reason you do not want to complete this order?

No, just the audio licensing issue. I’ve delivered it once already and delivered a revision, all with my own music but now he wants his music that he’s bought the license to, and I mentioned about licensing issues before the offer & order was made (see my second post).

if I was your buyer, I would be horrified to know that instead of working on my order for the past 24-hours,

I think the buyer should be told that there might be some problem like this so they can hopefully give some peace of mind about it somehow, if that’s possible.

No, I am allowed to use one composition from the package 1 time. As soon as I run the composition, I purchase the licence again. That´s not a big deal.

But… how? How can you spend $40 each time you make a $10 sale?

How much money do you have in the bank?

Might I suggest googling the term: “profit”?

So would that mean he deliberately gave bad advise? I mean since he said uk1000 needs to have his own license to do this. I don’t see why he would do that.

Wow. Literally, hundreds of compositions cost $40. I get $10 for 3 comps and less,. Let me know it this is not a profit.

Archived