Start My New Job Today

emeraldawnn

It’s here! The day I start my new job at as the “no longer classified as a secretary” administrative assistant for the Pre-K building.

Needless to say, my stomach was tied in knots last night and I was up slightly later than I wanted to be. I’m nervous, and I’m all about not screwing up. And, I know. it’s just the first day. I’m going to screw up something. It’s just the way the world goes, and it’s like any job… eventually, you will mess up. This perfectionist will just need to remember this. 🙂

This weekend, I did manage to get through 5 Fiverr large projects in my hands and only have a mere 4 in my hands now for Fiverr. That’s fine, giving that we’re really busy this week. I have one on the horizon and then that’s it. With my gigs on the last page and sales screeching practically to a halt, I’m happy to have this new job at the school. I’m perfectly content with how things are going.

Since I’m awake now… I’m going to get some work done for Fiverr and then do a home workout. Wish me luck y’all!

• Like 25

It’s here! The day I start my new job at as the “no longer classified as a secretary” administrative assistant for the Pre-K building.

Needless to say, my stomach was tied in knots last night and I was up slightly later than I wanted to be. I’m nervous, and I’m all about not screwing up. And, I know. it’s just the first day. I’m going to screw up something. It’s just the way the world goes, and it’s like any job… eventually, you will mess up. This perfectionist will just need to remember this. 🙂

This weekend, I did manage to get through 5 Fiverr large projects in my hands and only have a mere 4 in my hands now for Fiverr. That’s fine, giving that we’re really busy this week. I have one on the horizon and then that’s it. With my gigs on the last page and sales screeching practically to a halt, I’m happy to have this new job at the school. I’m perfectly content with how things are going.

Since I’m awake now… I’m going to get some work done for Fiverr and then do a home workout. Wish me luck y’all!

Wish me luck y’all!

I won’t just wish you luck. I’ll wish you the very, very best of luck.

Go get 'em!

• Like 11

It’s here! The day I start my new job

Yipee! You will do great. Remember to have fun. Working with kids was, for me, the best part of teaching. As for the adults, that could be a whole other story!

Come back and let us know how it went!

• Like 10

I absolutely loved my job yesterday. Working with my son’s kindergarten teacher is amazing. She was amazing then and she still is now. I love this job! Thank you everybody for all your well wishes! I’d say more, now, but I’m in the middle of a project, cooking from scratch mashed potatoes (pork chops are already done), got in my gym workout too and getting ready for work.

It’s already been a busy morning!

Have a great day fellow Fiverrians!

• Like 15

I absolutely loved my job yesterday. Working with my son’s kindergarten teacher is amazing. She was amazing then and she still is now. I love this job! Thank you everybody for all your well wishes! I’d say more, now, but I’m in the middle of a project, cooking from scratch mashed potatoes (pork chops are already done), got in my gym workout too and getting ready for work.

It’s already been a busy morning!

Have a great day fellow Fiverrians!

I absolutely loved my job yesterday.

Woo-hoo! 😄

son’s kindergarten teacher… she was amazing then and she still is now.

We, teachers, are quite an amazing lot! 😊

cooking from scratch mashed potatoes (pork chops are already done) —It’s already been a busy morning!

Are you cooking your dinner before work? :thinking:

You can say I learned a lot from you without you knowing about it 🙂

Lol, me too!

• Like 10

I absolutely loved my job yesterday.

Woo-hoo! 😄

son’s kindergarten teacher… she was amazing then and she still is now.

We, teachers, are quite an amazing lot! 😊

cooking from scratch mashed potatoes (pork chops are already done) —It’s already been a busy morning!

You can say I learned a lot from you without you knowing about it 🙂

Lol, me too!

Yes, I am… Monday’s dinner was cooked the night before - crockpot honey garlic chicken

I cooked today’s dinner this morning - pork chops and homemade mashed potatoes. Tomorrow morning - I’m making something simple - hamburgers (I’ll make the french fries or tater tots when I get home from work).

Get up at 3 a.m. and spend an hour on Fiverr.

If I go to the gym, it’ll be at 4 a.m.

Spend 40 to 45 minutes there

Come back, start on the cooking and whatever cleaning needs to be done, wake the kid up, get us ready for the day and then spend a little more time on the Fiverr work before work.

Needlessly to say., early, early bedtimes! At least, when I have Fiverr work to do. If I can put them off until the weekend, all the better. If not, I’m up for the challenge. 😃

• Like 10

You and your kiddo must have similar bed times.

Actually no. But, he’s still in summer. I’m not. That’s the beautiful thing about him being 13. I can trust him more than I could a 6 year old to be okay. Besides, I’ve got the hubby, fil and his older brother to watch him as I sleep. I don’t tend to worry about this kid. He can’t get away with anything. He’s tried but been busted pretty much right away. Not a sneaky kid. Lol

• Like 9

Awesome! You’re one of the few Fiverr sellers I studied closely when setting up my gigs here. You can say I learned a lot from you without you knowing about it 🙂

(My long delivery time was definitely inspired by your gigs 🙂 )

Glad I could have been an indirect source of information for ya. I hope things continue to go well for you.

As for me… yesterday was still awesome. I managed to get almost all the things I wanted to get done complete. All the files for 2 locations were addressed. Today, I’ll be dealing the eight files that could not be handled with due to incorrect numbers and whatnot. Then I plan on tackling the main campus’ files. That will be fun because we’re looking at a plethora of files here.

Either way, my boss told me yesterday, she’s got no complaints about the work I’m doing. She told me I fit right in! 🙂 I absolutely love this woman!

• Like 14

• 3 years later...
On 11/18/2022 at 8:09 PM, kirazelenka0 said:

Best wishes! New beginnings are always a good idea. I am sure you will be doing great.

When I was looking for a new job, my brother suggested I be a plumber. I didn't enjoy the idea. I thought plumbers plan, install and modify draining and water systems. I was convinced nothing was interesting about this job. However, I took my licence and started to work. After a few weeks, I realized it was very interesting and that there is always a chance to grow. I came to the idea that you should enjoy every decision. Also, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Good luck, but I am sure you don't need it!

• Like 7
  • Up 2

@salivanjack13 - I loved your post about how you became a plumber. I was in real estate for 9 years, so I depended heavily on my plumbers to help manage my properties. It makes me sad that plumbers get a bad rap all the time because what they do every day is nothing short of amazing. Plumbing issues can easily eat away at all your profits, so having a good plumber can save a lot of headaches and keep properties out of the red. I can't do much when it comes to plumbing issues. I'm good at digging 5 feet down and 25 feet across to expose a main line. I can also replace a toilet and do troubleshooting on a swamp cooler. That's about it. Maybe you can start a new thread about your experiences in the "Casual Conversations" category! It would be a fun break from the usual topics that we see on the forum. 😊

(Note: this thread is three years old, so I reported it with the request that this thread be locked to prevent further spammy post-bumps)

• Like 7
  • Up 1