3 warnings from fiverr

zuhaibnaqvi

Thank you brother. And finally fiverr resolved the issue and my account has been restored. I am really thankful to fiverr customer support. They efficiently investigate the issue and finally restored my account.

Congrats bro. I too had been gone through the same heartache. But they restored my account, when they realized that I had not done any thing wrong.

After studying your case, I was expecting that they would restore your account too. 😄

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m just not understanding one thing if you have already 1300, so why you ask the buyer for a single one to change? It’s was really unnecessary :thinking:

Someone said “Greed is Curse”, I don’t have other words.This was a big lesson for me and also for the people who are reading this post.

It’s very sad to know, i know how it feels like being there. We all request fiverr on your behalf to review fast and settle positively. The past record is to be considered first, unless there is some serious offense.

I really wonder, how fiverr is managing this massive platform, manually. Let us hope for good and we are all with you

Thank you so much for your support and prayers. 🙂

Thank you brother. And finally fiverr resolved the issue and my account has been restored. I am really thankful to fiverr customer support. They efficiently investigate the issue and finally restored my account.

I hope this was an unforgettable lesson for you and for everyone on this thread.

Congrats.

I do get that they don’t want sellers to ask buyers about the review they left in any way, shape or form. After all, a buyer might leave a less than 5* on purpose and still say it was accidental when confronted about it by the seller. Enough buyers might have complained about being ‘harassed’ about reviews for Fiverr to tighten the rules and the justifiable reasons to ask (1000% sure it was an accident, wanting to know how to improve one’s performance (for that particular buyer in case they order again, to not get more less than 5* reviews by that same buyer which might jeopardise one’s account),…) got caught up in that.
I don’t know if it’s worth to ‘sacrifice valid reasons to ask’ because of sellers who actually do/did harass people about it, we don’t have stats, only Fiverr does.

The one thing I don’t get is why it’s not clearly spelled out on the actual ToS page, we’ve seen so many cases now, and it’s still not clear to many people that it’s a no, its no biggie to add “asking a buyer in any way why he left whatever review is not tolerated and will lead to a warning or account suspension.”

While we’re at it, email notifications whenever the ToS get changed /updated, with a summary of what got changed/updated would be nice.

I do get that they don’t want sellers to ask buyers about the review they left in any way, shape or form. After all, a buyer might leave a less than 5* on purpose and still say it was accidental when confronted about it by the seller. Enough buyers might have complained about being ‘harassed’ about reviews for Fiverr to tighten the rules and the justifiable reasons to ask (1000% sure it was an accident, wanting to know how to improve one’s performance (for that particular buyer in case they order again, to not get more less than 5* reviews by that same buyer which might jeopardise one’s account),…) got caught up in that.

I don’t know if it’s worth to ‘sacrifice valid reasons to ask’ because of sellers who actually do/did harass people about it, we don’t have stats, only Fiverr does.

The one thing I don’t get is why it’s not clearly spelled out on the actual ToS page, we’ve seen so many cases now, and it’s still not clear to many people that it’s a no, its no biggie to add “asking a buyer in any way why he left whatever review is not tolerated and will lead to a warning or account suspension.”

While we’re at it, email notifications whenever the ToS get changed /updated, with a summary of what got changed/updated would be nice.

The one thing I don’t get is why it’s not clearly spelled out on the actual ToS page, we’ve seen so many cases now, and it’s still not clear to many people that it’s a no

I have suggested that yesterday to CS and they said:

"I will forward your feedback to the right department. Thank you for the feedback. "

I really hope it gets clear in the TOS.

I’m sorry to hear that your account has been restricted. I don’t think you can do anything right now. You could ask Fiverr if you could create a new account. There is a very high chance that they might say no. In that case, you might just have to move on to another freelancing platform (if you want to continue freelancing). Do not create a new account without asking Fiverr first. This will definitely get your new account deleted in no time.

This issue has also already been discussed quite a bit on the forum. It helps to check the forum every once in a while. If you were aware of this issue, you probably wouldn’t have asked your buyer about the review in the first place.

There have been several posts on the forum where sellers had said that they received ToS warnings after they either contacted the buyer to find out if the review was a mistake or contacted CS saying their buyer wanted to change the review.

I also remember reading this one post where the buyer had contacted CS directly (saying they’d misclicked/posted the wrong review by mistake), and the seller received a ToS warning for that (for no fault of theirs). :roll_eyes:

Here are a few forum posts on similar issues:

hello there, I always receive 5 starts review, last week I got a 4 stars review so I asked the buyer if he was not 100% satisfied I would be happy to improve the gig or anything he wanted. He said he was 100% happy with it and he told me he was willing to change the review to 5 stars, he said he tried but could not do it. I wasn’t too bothered by it so I let it go. This morning I get an email from fiverr support saying my account has been demoted to level 1 for feedback manipulation!!! this is s…
Pretty straight forward. Customer messaged me saying that they made a mistake on their feedback and for me to change it. I told them we would need Fiverr CS to help. I created a request in the resolution center to ‘modify feedback’. In the notes I put. “Customer is requesting to change feedback due to error. Customer ******, this is the form you requested to modify negative feedback”. Customer updates their feedback, next day I get an Official warning from Fiverr, warning me about soliciting pos…

Don’t get me wrong. I am not supporting Fiverr’s currently existing system. Not by a long shot! However, the only thing we can do is to adjust to this ridiculous system (provided you want to continue working on Fiverr).

Therefore, I’d just accept whatever review I’ve received; it doesn’t matter even if the buyer says they did a mistake and that they want to change the review or if I think the review’s a mistake/unfair. I’d still move on. Mum’s the word. 🙊

Even though you did nothing to deserve the bad review, it is better to just let it go (cuz you can, at least, explain your side of the story while replying to the buyer’s blind review) rather than receive a ToS warning, a demotion, or account suspension. 🙂

Fiverr doesn’t disallow to create new accounts

Guest smiler3d

As well as updating the ToS, getting the help centre to match what’s allowed, and what isn’t would help.

Found this:

It’s only natural that you want to keep your ratings up, but when communicating with a confused or dissatisfied buyer, it’s a good time to bring up how the buyer is planning on rating your Gig.

which would now clearly be against the TOS, in the help centre:

As well as updating the ToS, getting the help centre to match what’s allowed, and what isn’t would help.

Found this:

It’s only natural that you want to keep your ratings up, but when communicating with a confused or dissatisfied buyer, it’s a good time to bring up how the buyer is planning on rating your Gig.

which would now clearly be against the TOS, in the help centre:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/what-if-my-buyer-doesnt-like-my-delivery

Hmmm … actually, the “but” there makes me think it might be a typo and they wanted to say “it’s not a good time to …”?

Guest smiler3d

Hmmm … actually, the “but” there makes me think it might be a typo and they wanted to say “it’s not a good time to …”?

Sorry - I should have given the whole paragraph - it makes more sense then, although it’s still misleading.

No Pressure:

It’s only natural that you want to keep your ratings up, but when communicating with a confused or dissatisfied buyer, it’s a good time to bring up how the buyer is planning on rating your Gig. If it just can’t be resolved: use the Resolution Center to resolve the issue.

I presume it’s from the time when sellers could ask buyers about feedback etc. without the sky falling in on them! 😉

Sorry - I should have given the whole paragraph - it makes more sense then, although it’s still misleading.

No Pressure:

It’s only natural that you want to keep your ratings up, but when communicating with a confused or dissatisfied buyer, it’s a good time to bring up how the buyer is planning on rating your Gig. If it just can’t be resolved: use the Resolution Center to resolve the issue.

I presume it’s from the time when sellers could ask buyers about feedback etc. without the sky falling in on them! 😉

Ah, yes, though it still makes no logical sense with the “It’s only natural that you want to … but it’s a good time to”.

It could need a rewording to be concise and clear in either case.

Hi friends,

Yesterday fiverr restricted my account after receiving second (Level demotion) and third warning (account restricted) within 12 hours. The second warning was right but the third warning was totally irrelevant.

Yesterday my repeated buyer given me 3.7 stars rating by mistake. I just asked my buyer that is this rating is by mistake or not? He pardoned and told me that it is by mistake. Meanwhile I take the screenshot and sent it to Customer Support. And eventually Customer support gave me 3rd warning with account restricted. Now its under review by Fiverr Trust and Safety team. They said I can deliver my active order but can’t get new orders.

I am working on fiverr since from sept 2015 and have more than 1300 reviews. I am really upset. I don’t know what to do. Please share you suggestions and experiences.

Thanks

Zuhaibnaqvi

It’s really pathetic. Don’t worry, customer support team may not be such crucial attempt for a selller. Best wishes…

Archived