Fiverr effectiveness if Buyer passes racist remarks?

aqtsoftpro

“an ungrateful cow

Are you serious!!?

I hope you contacted CS! I’ve gotten rather unpleasant remarks in the past ( like “greedy”) but dang, that is messed up. I’m sorry to hear that you had to encounter such a j*rk.

I usually don’t want to report and be cool with it but Dang indeed. This is very extreme and should be reported.

I had a super rude buyer no long ago who gave me zero information about what he expected me to do and (As it turned out), surprise surprise, he wanted something done that I DIDN’T OFFER IN MY GIG. So I did the work as per my gig, delivered and he came back basically berating me. This guy was of a nationality that is known for being rude and blunt and when i was trying to be friendly and say my dad was of the same background and what part of said country did he come from he just shut me down and was like “If your father is from there you should know some of the language” to which he then wrote somethign to the effect of “don’t take me for some stupid fool”.

I cancelled the order of my own accord as I wasn’t going to work with him at all and basically said you wanted something i dont offer in my gig- where do i say what you want?? Anyways, it was for writing an online dating profile for people - I dearly wanted to tell him that if he speaks to everyone the way he speaks to me, it’s no surprise he’s 40, single and paying people to jazz up his online dating profiles. :rofl:

I wonder what a buyer has to say to get some actual repercussions. It seems like anything goes, really. I can’t type the names I was called here without the comment getting flagged yet it all is still in my inbox and most of the offenders are still active on the site.

I wonder what a buyer has to say to get some actual repercussions.

At least we can block them now.

I had an experience where a buyer, who is a pastor no less, said my work was bad and “screams” of being done by a person from a nation as if that were an insult. 😧

CS canceled the order, but it did affect my stats. They did say however that the buyer would be reported to Trust and Safety, but I see he is still here. :roll_eyes:

this happened to me once, Fiverr doesn’t take serious action against buyers, specially who are regular here.

My Question to all of you. Why not we create a group within fiverr forum to report such buyers and present strong reasons. Then we get a voting which we can share with fiverr for a strong review. I don’t mind if a buyer initiate it and create a buyers group to report a seller. It should be balanced. Reporting to fiverr and processing in dark with no result.

Give power to buyers and thus making a super good marketplace as buyer centric. What are your thoughts?

Just so all are aware this is definitely not agains the marketplace through which we earn , stable our business but showing our loyalty and trust on the marketplace to make it even better and very competitive for other marketplaces.

My Question to all of you. Why not we create a group within fiverr forum to report such buyers and present strong reasons. Then we get a voting which we can share with fiverr for a strong review. I don’t mind if a buyer initiate it and create a buyers group to report a seller. It should be balanced. Reporting to fiverr and processing in dark with no result.

Give power to buyers and thus making a super good marketplace as buyer centric. What are your thoughts?

Just so all are aware this is definitely not agains the marketplace through which we earn , stable our business but showing our loyalty and trust on the marketplace to make it even better and very competitive for other marketplaces.

Why not we create a group within fiverr forum to report such buyers and present strong reasons.

No not a good idea at all. I have better things to think about.

And it is babyish to want to “name and shame” anyone in public no matter how bad they were to you.

As a professional and as an adult you deal with them the best way you can and put it behind you.

Why not we create a group within fiverr forum to report such buyers and present strong reasons.

No not a good idea at all. I have better things to think about.

And it is babyish to want to “name and shame” anyone in public no matter how bad they were to you.

As a professional and as an adult you deal with them the best way you can and put it behind you.

Correct, let’s close this thread and keep on doing our thing and not point out anyone who do bad with you or is against someone’s rights

Correct, let’s close this thread and keep on doing our thing and not point out anyone who do bad with you or is against someone’s rights

If the person is a top buyer or a returning buyer chances to ban them are slim because while you had a terrible experience with them a number of sellers didn’t. Which is also why “exposing” them on the forum won’t work because a lot of sellers looking for a job will still work with them hoping for the best as long as they’re paying.

Also, I agree with Miss Crystal, it’s not my job to name and shame. Block and report and if you’re affected by the experience to the point you’re considering to leave the platform I’d follow up with CS in a week if the account is still up and tell them exactly that as I reason of why you’re inquiring. I’ve been trying to get a person to leave me alone here for 8 months and following up definitely works, albeit very slowly.

If the person is a top buyer or a returning buyer chances to ban them are slim because while you had a terrible experience with them a number of sellers didn’t. Which is also why “exposing” them on the forum won’t work because a lot of sellers looking for a job will still work with them hoping for the best as long as they’re paying.

Also, I agree with Miss Crystal, it’s not my job to name and shame. Block and report and if you’re affected by the experience to the point you’re considering to leave the platform I’d follow up with CS in a week if the account is still up and tell them exactly that as I reason of why you’re inquiring. I’ve been trying to get a person to leave me alone here for 8 months and following up definitely works, albeit very slowly.

I’ve been trying to get a person to leave me alone here for 8 months

That’s a long time, I’m so sorry you are dealing with this!

I’ve been trying to get a person to leave me alone here for 8 months

That’s a long time, I’m so sorry you are dealing with this!

Oh, it’s been successfully resolved eventually, sorry for the messy grammar. But I got away with a feeling that if you’re going against a top buyer CS is going to treat it like a communication hiccup which is unique and is between you two. And will give the buyer all the chances in the world to continue buying from other people by not banning them.

New accounts are easier to take an action against in my experience. One rude comment – and poof! – they’re gone.

I had an experience where a buyer, who is a pastor no less, said my work was bad and “screams” of being done by a person from a nation as if that were an insult. 😧

CS canceled the order, but it did affect my stats. They did say however that the buyer would be reported to Trust and Safety, but I see he is still here. :roll_eyes:

It might be the same person I worked for that kept saying stuffs concerning my Nationality. The good side is, I ignored him, did the job, delivered and got my money. I have not bothered him since then. And should he come asking for another job after making me almost go mad with the previous jobs, I will tell him to his face to shove his order up there where sunshine never touches.

It might be the same person I worked for that kept saying stuffs concerning my Nationality. The good side is, I ignored him, did the job, delivered and got my money. I have not bothered him since then. And should he come asking for another job after making me almost go mad with the previous jobs, I will tell him to his face to shove his order up there where sunshine never touches.

And should he come asking for another job after making me almost go mad with the previous jobs, I will tell him to his face to shove his order up there where sunshine never touches.

You better just block him from messaging and ordering from you, otherwise, you’re likely to get a warning for treating your buyer disrespectfully.

Just to give you all an update. Nothing happened against the buyer 🙂 as expected.

But, good thing is i learnt a lesson to don’t take anything said by buyers to your heart rather use them as stairs to go up and progress.

Thank you all for your support. Let’s make fiverr a great sellers community.

• 4 months later...

I sent a message to a logo artist regarding a logo which I wanted to do. His price stated was $5 with details of all what he would deliver. When I sent him the details he sent me a custom offer of $30. I messaged him that what he has mentioned in his Gig is what I want. He just told ‘No’. I asked him that why he is misguiding when what he has written in the gig he is not delivering at that price.
He mentioned that ********* are poor…

Fiverr should not allow such racist sellers on their platform. It is just spoiling their name…

Mod Note: Country/region reference removed.

Hello, aside from any racist comments he made, is it possible that he sent you the custom offer because you needed more than his $5 gig offered?

Is it possible that he mentioned the name of a country saying people in that country are poor for some reason other than being racist?

I think you should just move on and find another seller.

If it really bothers you then send screenshots of what he said to customer support.

Is the seller ***********? If he is, maybe he meant HE is poor and needed more money? Either way, if the seller was advertising they would do certain tasks for $5 and then pulled a bait and switch, they should be reported.

GG

Mod Note: Country/region reference removed.

I have seen many such tactics where they put a particular price for a Gig and when you place the order they send you a custom offer and try to make more money. I have come through at least 5 such people who will somehow make the gig customized and ask more money

On 7/10/2019 at 1:22 PM, insights3d said:

I have seen many such tactics where they put a particular price for a Gig and when you place the order they send you a custom offer and try to make more money.

Are you asking for more services than the basic gig? Are you demanding they include things that they have extras for in the gig description? 

I have seen many such tactics where they put a particular price for a Gig and when you place the order they send you a custom offer and try to make more money. I have come through at least 5 such people who will somehow make the gig customized and ask more money

I have come through at least 5 such people who will somehow make the gig customized and ask more money

it might be so or maybe the request requires more time and effort to complete …resulting in a higher price.

Also I am pretty sure that 5$ logos do not exist

I have come through at least 5 such people who will somehow make the gig customized and ask more money

it might be so or maybe the request requires more time and effort to complete …resulting in a higher price.

Also I am pretty sure that 5$ logos do not exist

Requirement is a simple one. I have also told them to deliver as per the details in $5 gig they have put up. Once you tell that they refuse and say it is a custom requirement…

Requirement is a simple one. I have also told them to deliver as per the details in $5 gig they have put up. Once you tell that they refuse and say it is a custom requirement…

I often run into clients that mention ‘’ simple logo ‘’ , ‘’ simple requirements ‘’ … I don’t know exactly how can you define that ‘’ simple ‘’ when you are talking about graphic design … It usually ends up bad for me when I hear ‘’ simple logo,simple design’’ … perhaps I wasn’t lucky enough I don’t know

Archived