The best response to a blind review?

md0000

Just double checking if I got it right:

If I won’t leave any feedback (seems to be the best option for now), buyer review will go public automatically after 10 days, right?

Right. And you won’t be able to leave a review yourself then (not that anyone really cares about it as long as buyer reviews aren’t being displayed on their profiles, and someone got a reply from CS that seemed to say that’s out of the question).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. And you won’t be able to leave a review yourself then (not that anyone really cares about it as long as buyer reviews aren’t being displayed on their profiles, and someone got a reply from CS that seemed to say that’s out of the question).

Okay, thanks. That’s still better option that replying ‘Thanks, great cooperation’ to a bad review.

Here’s what I did on two Buyer reviews this morning.

One was from a Buyer I’ve had before. Today he tipped as well so I had no issue returning a review and saying what I wanted to say.

The Second was from a new customer of mine who was also new to Fiverr.

Her actual review was a glowing 5-star review and mentioned "I felt like I was working with a friend, very personable "

My lame and blind response was “Thank you for the order”

I then sent her a personal chat message where I could give her a more complete and friendly response. I think I’ll do this for everyone now, but… it still doesn’t address the very robotic and cold response others would see on a particular gig.

I’m hoping that positive reviews would be enough to persuade a Buyer to choose me and they’ll ignore my “cold” response.

In our own way, we are all Ambassadors for Fiverr. Making it easy to read reviews and communicate with our Buyers helps overall customer retention. And a happy customer doesn’t need to be sold/persuaded twice to use your services again… or Fiverr again.

I think I have to write “thank you so much.” for all, to see the buyer review. Haha.

I think I have to write “thank you so much.” for all, to see the buyer review. Haha.

Buyer: “1 star - work is below par, seller didn’t even say hi to me after purchasing, couldn’t open file, and seller is weird”

Me: “5 stars - thank you so much”

Lol

Still - after being reminded of how Fiverr reacts to this sort of thing, I would be hesitant. If reviews are mentioned at all in private conversation through Fiverr, you could be at risk.

I once had a buyer leave me 2.7 stars, but it was clearly an accident. His brief review was nice, but he left zero stars under service as described. Knowing that it could potentially hurt my ranking if I filed a request to change my review, I sent him a message about it. He was extremely apologetic and cooperative, asked me straight up how he could change it, and I told him he’d have to file a request. He did, sent me a screenshot of his request, and guess what happened?

Fiverr rebuked me for “asking” him to change his review (I didn’t - he insisted and asked how he could do it), and put a warning on my account. I went back and forth with CS and they eventually removed the warning, but in the end, they still basically told me that I was out of line and was breaking ToS.

Since then, I have never once mentioned the word “review,” “star,” etc. in any Fiverr conversations because I’m terrified of what could come of it.

yes definitely human error can occur

This is not going to work when new buyers will see your profile it might look to them like this account is like a Robot or it has some wrong thing going! I guess better is to be honest and write a detailed review about what happened and what experience you relly had and leave 5 star or 4 as per experience!

If we have bad exeprience I guess we shall never deliver until user is satsfied and if he is not better to cancel the order then if things are not really working

The private message would be just a relevant thank you note, it wouldn’t say anything about the review system (I’m talking about the inbox).

Tell it to the machine. It’s the CS Terminator T-500’s you need to explain yourself to, not me.

CS Terminator T-500’s

T-800’s :robot:…

There are so many Sellers saying they are jumping ship!

I will be amazed if this blind rating process isn’t reverted. That is, unless the entire function of leaving a Buyer Review is removed and this is a step towards that end.

Youll notice the same people saying they are leaving when fiverr rolls out new changes…youll notice they are all still around the forums next time haha everyone who says “im leaving” in the next breathe says how they do a majority of their business on fiverr and will just up and start their own website lol - yet here they are still 🙂

Youll notice the same people saying they are leaving when fiverr rolls out new changes…youll notice they are all still around the forums next time haha everyone who says “im leaving” in the next breathe says how they do a majority of their business on fiverr and will just up and start their own website lol - yet here they are still 🙂

Yes, people say that. I saw one post that read “goodbye” to everyone. I haven’t checked his profile to see if it no longer exists, but I don’t have a reason to assume otherwise.

I’ve been on the platform for a couple years, and this is by far the largest response from the Seller community on any change. It clearly shows that people are becoming more and more disenchanted, and making it ripe for another new platform to come along.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week.

Yes, people say that. I saw one post that read “goodbye” to everyone. I haven’t checked his profile to see if it no longer exists, but I don’t have a reason to assume otherwise.

I’ve been on the platform for a couple years, and this is by far the largest response from the Seller community on any change. It clearly shows that people are becoming more and more disenchanted, and making it ripe for another new platform to come along.

Agreed. We Shall See 😎

I’ve had a number of blind reviews now. Some new customers, some repeat. And I don’t see the reason for buyer reviews. If they get bad reviews they’ll just delete their account and start a new one - just like when they scam people. And the great buyers tend to be our repeat customers anyway. I want to be able to address what is said in a review about me. Doing a “thanks for the order” just to get the review to show is completely pointless and if there are any issues that you need to address you’ll look like a complete plonker. It’s a pity Fiverr doesn’t follow standard IT practise and allow their users to come up with changes and then allow them to be discussed and prioritized and then added into the development roadmap. Trying to “guess” what your customers want never worked very well for me and my teams when I was a programme manager for application developments and I’m guessing it’s not working too well now.

I’ve been on the platform for a couple years, and this is by far the largest response from the Seller community on any change.

Exactly. I recently created a profile on a competitors site. It’s not just this change, it’s the direction that this site is going. I am concerned with the way I have seen things handled and I feel like this website may not always be an option. I have not been here for years, but I have learned a lot over 500+ voice overs. I never worried when I used to open the Fiverr mobile app in the morning, now it’s a daily occurrence.

A blind rating system will work if both reviews are public, and both parties stand to potentially gain or lose from those reviews. This beta test is a waste if you only roll out 50% of this program. How can you gauge it’s worthiness if there is still no consequences for the buyer?

I love this website for the opportunities it’s given and friends I’ve met. I just hope that those who make these decisions listen to the voices of it’s sellers. Your sellers are voicing their opinions not just in anger, but in fear. Please don’t ignore them.

I’ve been on the platform for a couple years, and this is by far the largest response from the Seller community on any change.

Exactly. I recently created a profile on a competitors site. It’s not just this change, it’s the direction that this site is going. I am concerned with the way I have seen things handled and I feel like this website may not always be an option. I have not been here for years, but I have learned a lot over 500+ voice overs. I never worried when I used to open the Fiverr mobile app in the morning, now it’s a daily occurrence.

A blind rating system will work if both reviews are public, and both parties stand to potentially gain or lose from those reviews. This beta test is a waste if you only roll out 50% of this program. How can you gauge it’s worthiness if there is still no consequences for the buyer?

I love this website for the opportunities it’s given and friends I’ve met. I just hope that those who make these decisions listen to the voices of it’s sellers. Your sellers are voicing their opinions not just in anger, but in fear. Please don’t ignore them.

I’ve been on this site for years. Fiverr has made some neat changes - but I’ve seen seen some not-so-neat ones over time progressed. Fiverr wants to become innovative and unique but I definetly feel it has backfired. I’ve NEVER seen so many people lash out over a change such as this. Fiverr needs to stay simple and easy.

So far I’ve not come up with something to say to review each seller. It’s going to not be appropriate to the review the buyer left no matter what. There has to be something…

Maybe a quote of the day?

or just A + ?

I really feel uncomfortable about leaving a direct comment on the buyer.

or just A + ?

LOL. Thanks for the laugh… I needed that. Love it! Could you imagine if we just started grading buyers instead?!

Well my first trial of the new blind review system was a total success. BTW - IF Your buyer tips you it shows up before you leave a review… at-least a bit of insight incase you get tipped lol Hopefully i can keep this momentum up lol

I’ve had 3 tipped reviews since this started and at this point I might respond to tipped reviews only.

Archived