Ultimate proof success score is joke

So i have a gig that i only promote to existing clients as continuation. The description on it is not made to sell to new clients. Basically the description is "This gig is used mostly as a continuation gig for our existing customers."

102 reviews of 5 star, 2 reviews of 4 star.

Not a single refund, cancelation, late delivery, all perfect. 99% of the clients on it are returning customers for continuation on initial gigs that were on same topic.

This gig has a success score of 4 🤡

Please cancel this new system until you fix it because right now it's not working.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, edigitalmarket said:

Not a single refund, cancelation, late delivery, all perfect. 99% of the clients on it are returning customers for continuation on initial gigs that were on same topic.

The problem is that those people with 4 star reviews, but also some with 5 stars might have given you a bad private review. And since many repeat buyers don't bother leaving a review... if you have a single or even 2 bad private reviews... then that can destroy your gig, obviously. And I will say for a fact, my success manager told me that even if public reviews are perfect, privately some people still rate you poorly. I had that happen last year, when I had only 5 stars, but the success manager said that I also had plenty of private reviews, from the same people.

The thing is, we don't know what people rate us privately. And that is a major factor for the success score.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

Sure - when we don´t have an answer - its allways the private reviews.
What else should it be when we have no idea what the real reason is - more or less its the same like the scrore would be diced instead

Of course, with a high score you can feel safe and believe that you are doing everything perfectly.
But that is more an illusion than reality... believe me...

Cause when you get downscored you have at the end no idea why and who is the rotten apple in your customer basket.
And thats the frustrating part of this system.
At the end you come to the conclusion its absolutely not in your hands - when a customer give a bad private review and put the axe in your back.

Edited by rapidtech1898v2
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

I fully agree. It is a mess and I would say there are many glitches. My response rate kept jumping strangely from 60% to 75% to 80%, qualify, not qualify... the point is, I either did not have any messages or I was sure I answered all new messages in a very short time. Also, my displayed score is 3 but one of my gigs has a rating of 4 and no other ratings... and I also got this feedback as the last one, and this particular feedback caused my score to go down to 3 (still, the gig keeps the rating of 4). I really don't know, this is the customer's second order and we are finalizing a preparation of a third custom offer... she always tips me generously and says she is very happy with my work. It is not that likely she would be leaving a terrible private review.

fiverr feedback.png

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, rapidtech1898v2 said:

Cause when you get downscored you have at the end no idea why and who is the rotten apple in your customer basket.
And thats the frustrating part of this system.
At the end you come to the conclusion its absolutely not in your hands - when a customer give a bad private review and put the axe in your back.

Yes!!

And alot of us have been pretty clear and aware of this, since a very long time. We vet every buyer and communicate through every order keeping just one thing in mind - how our words & actions will show up in a private review. 

This is the only thing in our control!!

• Like 7

The most unfair part is that most people who are going to bother leaving a private review are the ''unsatisfied'' ones while the happy clients will usual leave the public review + a generous tip and go on with their life, not saying this is the case for everyone but as a buyer myself I have never submitted a private review, all what mattered to me is that the seller felt appreciated, specially when fiverr used to inform people that the private reviews are just for the team itself and not for the seller.
That leaves you with this formula as an example:

• 100 satisfied customers: 80 of them rated you 5 stars and even tipped but never bothered with the private review, 10 didn't bother with any review system and just thanked you in inbox, 10 left a good to great private review
  • 20 satisfied customers but they still thought the job could be better, left a 5 star review as a nice gesture but wanted to express more in private.

Result: 20 bad/moderate private review against 10 good/great private reviews.
Success Score after Being affected by Client satisfaction: 4-5/10

Just my two cents trying to figure out how I had fiverr's choice badge and level 2 months ago and now I'm level 0.

Edited by ch6k0r
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

14 minutes ago, mdmamunrassel said:

All these things definitely make a seller depressed and the fiverr journey in the coming days will make it difficult for a seller to survive and the future is uncertain 😔

I have Fiverr as a side job. I cannot imagine relying on it for a full income. So far, I have decided to just ignore the new system and if I get orders, I will do them. If I do not ... I do not really care. I think Fiverr's income is going to suffer in the following months.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, edigitalmarket said:

I have been suggested by someone that the main reason for this success scoring system is to avoid buyers creating new gigs out of repeat clients and then using those new gigs for new clients eventually because the first point of contact/impression for a click is the gig's thumbnail, description and rating(review count). Your case is making sense in this regard, how many unique buyers are there on this gig who haven't ordered from you in the past? I believe zero because all of them are repeat buyers. If that's the case then why is there "Unique clients" as a separate metric in level evaluation, only fiverr can answer.

8 hours ago, ch6k0r said:

That leaves you with this formula as an example:

• 100 satisfied customers: 80 of them rated you 5 stars and even tipped but never bothered with the private review, 10 didn't bother with any review system and just thanked you in inbox, 10 left a good to great private review
  • 20 satisfied customers but they still thought the job could be better, left a 5 star review as a nice gesture but wanted to express more in private.

Result: 20 bad/moderate private review against 10 good/great private reviews.
Success Score after Being affected by Client satisfaction: 4-5/10

You are right but I believe an offset addition would be added to that formula to balance out the number of buyers for each level in each category. Or alternatively, they can lower the cutoff levels for the levels, both are the same.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, ch6k0r said:

The most unfair part is that most people who are going to bother leaving a private review are the ''unsatisfied'' ones while the happy clients will usual leave the public review + a generous tip and go on with their life

And there you go.

That's why some people have a very low score, despite having tons of great public reviews. It's unfortunate because those automatically-fulfilled or even publicly reviewed orders without a private review should automatically have a positive private review. But they don't. And if no one leaves a private review, but someone that left a bad public review did, then obviously that brings severe damage. 

I can say it from my own experience, between March and July or so last year I had my worst possible tenure here on Fiverr. And I had only positive, in fact only 5 star reviews. Yet my success manager said that I had multiple bad private reviews, which made no sense. Aside from some people not leaving reviews, some of them leave those private reviews randomly too. And it took a long time to step away from that lack of orders, I was lucky I had return clients.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

Due to fiverr success score update, many good quality sellers' products have stopped selling and fiverr has also been deprived of its desired profit.  Success score should be fixed after a certain time.  Otherwise, I think is that the accounts may be abandoned.

• Like 4

I see this "Private question" a very unpopular thing!
I mean... It sounds very hypocritical!!!
The client says you are the best of the best ... yeahhhh... blah blah blah... and then BEHIND you: It was poor!
Its just sick.
Did you ask your seller what you need???

Alright, Fiverr some how concluded they should have this "private question" thing on their platform. Alright.... but, Should this hypocritical thing have that much of density?! That much effective?! I don't think so!

• Like 3

I'm not sure how to articulate this; But this private questions following the review, somehow provoke buyer to leave negative feedback!
I don't know how to prove this theory; it could perhaps stem from a moral quandary inherent to human nature.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

On 3/12/2024 at 3:32 AM, donnovan86 said:

And there you go.

That's why some people have a very low score, despite having tons of great public reviews. It's unfortunate because those automatically-fulfilled or even publicly reviewed orders without a private review should automatically have a positive private review. But they don't. And if no one leaves a private review, but someone that left a bad public review did, then obviously that brings severe damage. 

I can say it from my own experience, between March and July or so last year I had my worst possible tenure here on Fiverr. And I had only positive, in fact only 5 star reviews. Yet my success manager said that I had multiple bad private reviews, which made no sense. Aside from some people not leaving reviews, some of them leave those private reviews randomly too. And it took a long time to step away from that lack of orders, I was lucky I had return clients.

On 3/11/2024 at 2:22 PM, donnovan86 said:

The problem is that those people with 4 star reviews, but also some with 5 stars might have given you a bad private review. And since many repeat buyers don't bother leaving a review... if you have a single or even 2 bad private reviews... then that can destroy your gig, obviously. And I will say for a fact, my success manager told me that even if public reviews are perfect, privately some people still rate you poorly. I had that happen last year, when I had only 5 stars, but the success manager said that I also had plenty of private reviews, from the same people.

The thing is, we don't know what people rate us privately. And that is a major factor for the success score.

Order cancellation is automatically fixed after two months. Fiverr low success score should remain for a certain period. It cannot last for a lifetime.  This system has completely stopped the sales of the sellers products.