Fiverr Pro Home - I'm SO Done

ssj1236

Don’t get me wrong, I like expensive shit, but some things are just not worth :shopping: buying.

I just saw a Pro seller who delivers exactly what I deliver for $10 but at least 10 to 50 times more expensive, with different colors, fonts and spinned text. And obviously there’s no chance for me to charge that much, ever.

I also have no means of discovering how he got his hands on my work to inspire himself to deliver the same stuff (I bet one of my existing clients gave him my work, something like “hey, I just got this work from another seller, how can you help me?” and hands out my work that carves his future on Fiverr 😑 )

I just saw a Pro seller who delivers exactly what I deliver for $10 but at least 10 to 50 times more expensive, with different colors, fonts and spinned text. And obviously there’s no chance for me to charge that much, ever.

This is what originally put me off Pro forever. Pro sellers (legally) selling 15 second videos made using $50 istock clips for $500 - $1000? No way. People who buy Pro gigs like that will need to be certifiably stupid.

Sorry someone stole your SEO report gig 😦

I take it you are pay for a license from a third party which generates reports featuring your own branding? I did look into that myself but I hear on the grapevine that paying the same kind of money for press release distribution services can be a bit more lucrative 😉

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what originally put me off Pro forever. Pro sellers (legally) selling 15 second videos made using $50 istock clips for $500 - $1000? No way. People who buy Pro gigs like that will need to be certifiably stupid.

Sorry someone stole your SEO report gig 😦

I take it you are pay for a license from a third party which generates reports featuring your own branding? I did look into that myself but I hear on the grapevine that paying the same kind of money for press release distribution services can be a bit more lucrative 😉

How is it fair that PRO sellers appear both on our homepage and on their homepage ?

That’s just unbelievable 😠

I take it you are pay for a license from a third party which generates reports featuring your own branding?

It’s worse, because I’ve made my own work, my own text, with just the numbers/stats taken from specialized SEO tools, and that’s what that Pro seller did, even the delivery structure is the same as mine 😠

I would’ve understood if he just generated a template report with a tool, but it’s more than that.

Don’t get me wrong, I like expensive shit, but some things are just not worth :shopping: buying.

I also have no means of discovering how he got his hands on my work to inspire himself to deliver the same stuff (I bet one of my existing clients gave him my work, something like “hey, I just got this work from another seller, how can you help me?” and hands out my work that carves his future on Fiverr 😑

I get it 5r wants to attract BIGwig name industry people.

Now is a good time to expand your reach outside of 5r. I know you’re one of the OG of this website, but there comes a point when you’ve gotta take a step back and look at the bigger :framed_picture: picture.

As for ripping off your work, I’m not surprised. I recently spotted a PRO Seller using a logo design from a popular freebie site. Go Figure! :woman_shrugging:t4:

People can shout from the rooftop that we can raise our rates. That’s fine & dandy but 5r is campaigning hard for the PROs, so why bother?! 😕 Lvl1, lvl2 and TRS are not eating up the exposure like the PRO Sellers.

How is it fair that PRO sellers appear both on our homepage and on their homepage ?

That’s just unbelievable 😠

I take it you are pay for a license from a third party which generates reports featuring your own branding?

It’s worse, because I’ve made my own work, my own text, with just the numbers/stats taken from specialized SEO tools, and that’s what that Pro seller did, even the delivery structure is the same as mine 😠

I would’ve understood if he just generated a template report with a tool, but it’s more than that.

It sounds like you have created your own product.

If you have created a template you use in Word or a similar application, the metadata on saved files can be used as evidence of copyright fraud. Report them to Fiverr and notify your competitor that you expect to be compensated for every delivery they make 🙂

It sounds like you have created your own product.

If you have created a template you use in Word or a similar application, the metadata on saved files can be used as evidence of copyright fraud. Report them to Fiverr and notify your competitor that you expect to be compensated for every delivery they make 🙂

If you have created a template you use in Word or a similar application, the metadata on saved files can be used as evidence of copyright fraud.

He made his own template/documents with spinned/trimmed text, but same structure, same idea, so he made sure it’s hard to impossible to do anything about it. He must have spent a bit of time to adapt my work to his own template, so that there’s no trace back to me. He’s a pro, remember? 😉

If you have created a template you use in Word or a similar application, the metadata on saved files can be used as evidence of copyright fraud.

He made his own template/documents with spinned/trimmed text, but same structure, same idea, so he made sure it’s hard to impossible to do anything about it. He must have spent a bit of time to adapt my work to his own template, so that there’s no trace back to me. He’s a pro, remember? 😉

He made his own template/documents

Its the template design which stands in court. 🙂

Hey, Woofy! 🐕

I get it 5r wants to attract BIGwig name industry people.

Now is a good time to expand your reach outside of 5r. I know you’re one of the OG of this website, but there comes a point when you’ve gotta take a step back and look at the bigger :framed_picture: picture.

As for ripping off your work, I’m not surprised. I recently spotted a PRO Seller using a logo design from a popular freebie site. Go Figure! :woman_shrugging:t4:

People can shout from the rooftop that we can raise our rates. That’s fine & dandy but 5r is campaigning hard for the PROs, so why bother?! 😕 Lvl1, lvl2 and TRS are not eating up the exposure like the PRO Sellers.

He made his own template/documents with spinned/trimmed text, but same structure, same idea, so he made sure it’s hard to impossible to do anything about it.

See none of this sings professional and hand selected to me.

Interestingly, I’ve also just found a PRO and TRS who seems to have some seriously obvious review manipulation going on. I don’t say that lightly knowing how important it is not to speculate on such matters. The thing is, it just looks so obvious…

He made his own template/documents with spinned/trimmed text, but same structure, same idea, so he made sure it’s hard to impossible to do anything about it.

See none of this sings professional and hand selected to me.

Interestingly, I’ve also just found a PRO and TRS who seems to have some seriously obvious review manipulation going on. I don’t say that lightly knowing how important it is not to speculate on such matters. The thing is, it just looks so obvious…

Do Pro sellers get a green light on promoting their own websites in gig descriptions, videos, etc? Because I’ve seen several doing that, some doing it masked through a shortened URL, and as far as I recall that was a definite no-no 😏

Anyway, there aren’t many Pro sellers right now, so they definitely get some special treatment, but once there will be many of them, things will start falling apart for some of them…

He made his own template/documents

Its the template design which stands in court. 🙂

It’s very obvious, how can these PROs be hand-vetted? :thinking: It just doesn’t make any sense to me. I’m playing devil’s advocate here, I’m sure there are amazing PRO Sellers who deserved the title. However, there are more than a few shady bunch that makes my eyebrows curl into knots. I spotted one using a profile pic of a beautiful & busty babe (celebrity). smh

I didn’t waste my time reporting it.

@woofy31 I’m curious did you apply for PRO? Turned down? I don’t remember if you did or not.

Andy, you’re a very smart & articulate guy. I’m sure you’re working on building your brand outside of 5r. 🥤

It’s very obvious, how can these PROs be hand-vetted? :thinking: It just doesn’t make any sense to me. I’m playing devil’s advocate here, I’m sure there are amazing PRO Sellers who deserved the title. However, there are more than a few shady bunch that makes my eyebrows curl into knots. I spotted one using a profile pic of a beautiful & busty babe (celebrity). smh

I didn’t waste my time reporting it.

@woofy31 I’m curious did you apply for PRO? Turned down? I don’t remember if you did or not.

Andy, you’re a very smart & articulate guy. I’m sure you’re working on building your brand outside of 5r. 🥤

@woofy31 I’m curious did you apply PRO? Turned down? I don’t remember if you did or not.

I did, I was turned down because it wasn’t open yet in my category.

After it got open in my category, I didn’t reapply because of the strong ubiquitous importance given to social presence, which I don’t have as I never found a need to invest in that side of the web life.

Andy, you’re a very articulate guy. I’m sure you’re working on building your brand outside of 5r. 🥤

I’m working on that, too… just in a different niche than what I do here.

@woofy31 I’m curious did you apply PRO? Turned down? I don’t remember if you did or not.

I did, I was turned down because it wasn’t open yet in my category.

After it got open in my category, I didn’t reapply because of the strong ubiquitous importance given to social presence, which I don’t have as I never found a need to invest in that side of the web life.

Andy, you’re a very articulate guy. I’m sure you’re working on building your brand outside of 5r. 🥤

I’m working on that, too… just in a different niche than what I do here.

So you can’t be Pro because you’re a Facebook loner. (Like me, I don’t use SM at all). But someone can rip off your work and be a Pro because they have lots of Twitter chums?

That’s just wrong.

So you can’t be Pro because you’re a Facebook loner. (Like me, I don’t use SM at all). But someone can rip off your work and be a Pro because they have lots of Twitter chums?

That’s just wrong.

One of the things I didn’t like when I applied to pro for writing. I’m on TW, FB, G+ and Instagram but I don’t post much of anything. Haven’t worked with any well known names but have written for a variety of clients over the years through different platforms. Still working on side projects including a new one I’ve picked up.

Why are people not happy with this?
I know the Fiverr Pro Periwinkle color is delightful and definitely more refined than our commoner green/black combo but still.

Separating Pro from the rest is the best thing to happen in a long time. They no longer clog up normal results which was people’s main gripe with Pro.

Seeing all the complaints about this I am worried that either I am really my missing something or else I am worried that my theory was true - people are never happy with changes.

I know the Fiverr Pro Periwinkle color is delightful and definitely more refined than our commoner green/black combo but still.

Separating Pro from the rest is the best thing to happen in a long time. They no longer clog up normal results which was people’s main gripe with Pro.

Seeing all the complaints about this I am worried that either I am really my missing something or else I am worried that my theory was true - people are never happy with changes.

I’m not seeing this at all! It just doesn’t look like they are not clogging it up because they have removed the black Pro tombstone badge. (While taking away the opportunity for me to turn Pro results off…)

I’m not seeing this at all! It just doesn’t look like they are not clogging it up because they have removed the black Pro tombstone badge. (While taking away the opportunity for me to turn Pro results off…)

Dammit - you are right, there is just less of them and the badge change makes it less noticeable.

Ok, never mind. Gimme that extra pitchfork you have.

Separating Pro from the rest is the best thing to happen in a long time

Because the Pros are not separated - they are listed both on the regular homepage, and on their special homepage :roll_eyes:

I do hope Fiverr will eventually separate them completely… but I wouldn’t sleep on it.

It is funny, because just recently I was told that fiverr does not allow us to move to conversations on s***e or email, to protect the buyers/sellers identity, but now on PRO we must be identified, so what gives??
I have no problem exiting anonymity, but fiverr needs to be consistent and not sell us stories.

That’s just wrong.

I could make an interesting design for a “Loner” label to compete with the “Pro” label 😃 Lone wolves can be more fierce than… I forgot my point 😃

Dammit - you are right, there is just less of them and the badge change makes it less noticeable.

I gave up carrying a pitchfork a long time ago. I don’t have it in for Fiverr. I’m just logical.

Archived