Introducing The New Fiverr Inbox

mjensen415

Clear communication is the key to doing frictionless business on Fiverr. That’s why we’re replacing our current email-like messaging with a fresh new live-chat-style inbox experience. Your inbox has been completely overhauled and redesigned for faster and easier messaging, including real-time updates as well as improved multitasking and productivity. These exciting changes will gradually roll out to users over the next few weeks in order to make the transition to the new inbox as smooth as possible. We’ve outlined the biggest updates for you below:

New-Inbox-Blog-Image.png.9c58a2cd861516c29c4a062aff0e963e.png

Using Your New Inbox

Let’s take a look at the inbox. As you know, your inbox is where you will receive messages from buyers and sellers.

If you have a new message, you’ll see an indication in the top menu next to Messages.

Clicking Messages, and then Inbox will display your latest messages. This allows you to quickly view them and go directly to the conversation. If you’d like to view your entire inbox, you can click See All in Inbox.

Within a conversation, you can see the buyer or seller’s online status and local time. In addition, you can see more information about the user, including average response time, language preferences, order history, and more.

Select the Actions icon to mark a message as important (with a star), as unread or read, archive it, delete it, or even give it a label. Preset labels can be found in the menu, so for example, you can select the follow-up label to remind you to follow up on the message.

To find a conversation, just click the Search icon. You can also filter your conversations by the different statuses. For example, you can filter your inbox to show all the Custom Offers you’ve received.

To find specific conversations:

Click the “All Conversations” button to filter by the following statuses:

• All Conversations: here you can view all current and past messages
  • Unread: See all opened messages
  • Starred: See all messages you’ve marked as important
  • Archived: Conversations in your history you’ve saved for your reference
  • Requests: Conversations in which you have requested a quote from another seller
  • Follow-up: messages you have flagged to respond to at another time
  • Other: you have the option to create your own labels to keep you organized as you see fit
  • Use the magnifying glass icon to search for specific users.

To report a message as spam and/or a violation of our Terms of Service:

1. Click Report Button
  2. Select reason for report (the nature of the offense)
  3. Click Next
  4. Decide whether or not you would like to block the user, and click Submit

The New Inbox Experience for Buyers

More of a visual learner? We put together a video walking Fiverr buyers through the new Inbox.

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" seamless="seamless" sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-forms allow-popups allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox allow-presentation">

The New Inbox Experience for Sellers

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" seamless="seamless" sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-forms allow-popups allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox allow-presentation">
We didn’t forget about you, sellers! Here’s a short video that sums up all the important Inbox updates for Fiverr sellers.

Create a Custom Offer

One more thing, sellers: you can still send Custom Offers to buyers looking for something specific. Custom Offers help you be proactive and develop a rapport with a buyer by tailoring your Gig to their needs.

When you send a Custom Offer to a buyer, include all the necessary details in the message, based on your availability and the buyer’s requirements. If the buyer agrees to the terms, all he or she has to do is accept the offer and the order will start. So make sure the Custom Offer fits your stipulations before you hit send.

Just the Beginning

Stay tuned, doers! We’ll be rolling out more features like the new inbox to help our community connect and collaborate on Fiverr in the near future. Let us know what other features you would like to see in the comments below.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clear communication is the key to doing frictionless business on Fiverr. That’s why we’re replacing our current email-like messaging with a fresh new live-chat-style inbox experience. Your inbox has been completely overhauled and redesigned for faster and easier messaging, including real-time updates as well as improved multitasking and productivity. These exciting changes will gradually roll out to users over the next few weeks in order to make the transition to the new inbox as smooth as possible. We’ve outlined the biggest updates for you below:

Using Your New Inbox

Let’s take a look at the inbox. As you know, your inbox is where you will receive messages from buyers and sellers.

If you have a new message, you’ll see an indication in the top menu next to Messages.

Clicking Messages, and then Inbox will display your latest messages. This allows you to quickly view them and go directly to the conversation. If you’d like to view your entire inbox, you can click See All in Inbox.

Within a conversation, you can see the buyer or seller’s online status and local time. In addition, you can see more information about the user, including average response time, language preferences, order history, and more.

Select the Actions icon to mark a message as important (with a star), as unread or read, archive it, delete it, or even give it a label. Preset labels can be found in the menu, so for example, you can select the follow-up label to remind you to follow up on the message.

To find a conversation, just click the Search icon. You can also filter your conversations by the different statuses. For example, you can filter your inbox to show all the Custom Offers you’ve received.

• Requests: Conversations in which you have requested a quote from another seller
  • Other: you have the option to create your own labels to keep you organized as you see fit

1. Click Report Button
  3. Click Next

More of a visual learner? We put together a video walking Fiverr buyers through the new Inbox.

We didn’t forget about you, sellers! Here’s a short video that sums up all the important Inbox updates for Fiverr sellers.

Create a Custom Offer

One more thing, sellers: you can still send Custom Offers to buyers looking for something specific. Custom Offers help you be proactive and develop a rapport with a buyer by tailoring your Gig to their needs.

When you send a Custom Offer to a buyer, include all the necessary details in the message, based on your availability and the buyer’s requirements. If the buyer agrees to the terms, all he or she has to do is accept the offer and the order will start. So make sure the Custom Offer fits your stipulations before you hit send.

Just the Beginning

Stay tuned, doers! We’ll be rolling out more features like the new inbox to help our community connect and collaborate on Fiverr in the near future. Let us know what other features you would like to see in the comments below.

Same boat. I’m anxious to utilize it but I guess we gotta wait. 😃

These exciting changes will gradually roll out to users over the next few weeks in order to make the transition to the new inbox as smooth as possible. We’ve outlined the biggest updates for you below:

The chat experience! This is exactly what I have been looking forward to.

I would love to see the ability to schedule s***e/and/or/phone calls through the new system. That way, instead of spending days trying to understand what the buyer needs, we can have a 1 hour consultation and make the experience much more efficient.

Even as @nikavoice idea with allowing voice notes.

I’m curious if something like this is in the pipeline? Maybe have a switch that enables these features so those that would like to remain anonymous can still do so?

I just feel to be a doer through only text is very hard when working on larger projects.

The chat experience! This is exactly what I have been looking forward to.

I would love to see the ability to schedule s***e/and/or/phone calls through the new system. That way, instead of spending days trying to understand what the buyer needs, we can have a 1 hour consultation and make the experience much more efficient.

Even as @nikavoice idea with allowing voice notes.

I’m curious if something like this is in the pipeline? Maybe have a switch that enables these features so those that would like to remain anonymous can still do so?

I just feel to be a doer through only text is very hard when working on larger projects.

I would love to see the ability to schedule s***e/and/or/phone calls through the new system.

Yes! I’d be in favor of a voice chat, it will save time on logging in or downloading chat messaging systems such as s***e/WhatsApp etc… An easy to use in-house system, even an optional 📷

I agree! I use my voice to complete jobs, so using my voice to discuss the essence of the project is fine & dandy with me. Sometimes, I just don’t have time to type back & forth. If Fiverr included tools to report abusers of these features would help.

Suggestion: “Add favourite to any part of conversation” so later any user can jump quickly to any saved conversation. This feature will be very handy for sellers/buyers. Hope UI team will have a consideration on it. 💡

Really cool features anyway.

Suggestion: “Add favourite to any part of conversation” so later any user can jump quickly to any saved conversation. This feature will be very handy for sellers/buyers. Hope UI team will have a consideration on it. 💡

Really cool features anyway.

Great idea. Sometimes buyers send important login information, mid-conversation and don’t add that on the order info page. At times I find myself sifting through countless logs of text!

I know there is a “comment” section where we can leave info but that doesn’t always help.

In the regular freelance world, phone consultations are simply the way things work. That being said, I find it incredible how the majority of sellers are able to complete jobs without voice interactions!

Either way, the new inbox system seems to be great.

Using Your New Inbox

1. Click Report Button
  3. Click Next

Create a Custom Offer

Just the Beginning

I like the new layout, and the new inbox does feel easier to work with.

One change I never did like, though - putting Inbox and Notifications together under Messages. That’s the clunkiest feature I’ve ever seen implemented, and wastes a lot of my time trying to get to the right tab. I liked the way they were before, as separate tabs.

Any chance we could revisit that feature?

Love the new inbox, only thing I would love is if if there was a bit more space in the composing box - if you message is more than two lines long, it is SUPER clunky to navigate around and see what you’ve written, edit etc.

Love the new inbox, only thing I would love is if if there was a bit more space in the composing box - if you message is more than two lines long, it is SUPER clunky to navigate around and see what you’ve written, edit etc.

You read my mind Sue. Otherwise it’s awesome.

My favorite part is seeing on their profile if they are repeat buyers and how many orders they have made, with a link to their previous orders.

Today I got new inbox feature. I love that new update. And this is easier than previous inbox in my experience…

Its a very good news!

great update… 😍

Love the new inbox.
Does it have the “Search this topic” option?
I’d love to see a list of all attached files in the whole conversation. I think this feature will be necessary for long conversation between sellers and long-term buyers.
Also, a timeline scroll similar to facebook timeline (or the forum) will help tracking the message better,

Lastly, I believe this has been suggested before but a download all button will be a great help.

Archived