Introducing The New Fiverr Inbox

mjensen415

Because many buyers/sellers can’t speak english as well.

Yeah, but many do. Wouldn’t it be a good option to have for them?

Also, even though many don’t speak English well, I trust that there are many who coincidentally speak the same other languages. For example, I speak in Chinese sometimes with my clients for translation.

And this is not a Video Chat. This is a business. How can we trust eachother ?

Business can be conducted over video chat as well. I do think that there might be an issue with who we could trust, as I don’t doubt plenty of creepy dudes will take advantage of a video option. But are you really suggesting that we can’t trust any clients enough to even speak with them?

I think it s not a good idea with video chat. The chat is safe and “he” workss for many years since from Fiverr Start’s his business

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because many buyers/sellers can’t speak english as well.

Yeah, but many do. Wouldn’t it be a good option to have for them?

Also, even though many don’t speak English well, I trust that there are many who coincidentally speak the same other languages. For example, I speak in Chinese sometimes with my clients for translation.

And this is not a Video Chat. This is a business. How can we trust eachother ?

Business can be conducted over video chat as well. I do think that there might be an issue with who we could trust, as I don’t doubt plenty of creepy dudes will take advantage of a video option. But are you really suggesting that we can’t trust any clients enough to even speak with them?

Business can be conducted over video chat as well.

I would be in favor of a video chat. Of course, there will be pros and cons, but if Fiverr insert measures to prohibit abusers from using this feature it could work.

Business can be conducted over video chat as well.

I would be in favor of a video chat. Of course, there will be pros and cons, but if Fiverr insert measures to prohibit abusers from using this feature it could work.

I would be in favor of a video chat.

Nika, females or young people would be threatened and blackmailed to do things that are offensive all the time. They will be told do this or else, and the “this” won’t just be more work on the order. I hope you see what I mean. There will be creeps that will use it as an opportunity to threaten sellers with bad reviews and cancellations unless they perform on cam. The internet is crawling with this.

I appreciate you @nikavoice for your kind appeal to Fiverr to add chat system. Also many thanks to Fiverr for their new setup it’s really awesome.

I appreciate you @nikavoice for your kind appeal to Fiverr to add chat system.

Aww, thank you. 🙂

Nika, females or young people would be threatened and blackmailed to do things that are offensive all the time. They will be told do this or else, and the “this” won’t just be more work on the order. I hope you see what I mean. There will be creeps that will use it as an opportunity to threaten sellers with bad reviews and cancellations unless they perform on cam. The internet is crawling with this.

I totally understand your point of view.

That’s why I said it should be “optional” if certain Sellers want to use this feature. Most people are in a Business frame of mind, however, I realize you’ll have people looking to take advantage of this feature.

• There should be an age requirement for the video chat.
  • A better cancellation policy should definitely be implemented first.
  • Leave it to the Sellers to charge their own per/min rate.
  • VO artists sometimes the client wants Studio access to direct via s***e etc. So, it would be beneficial.
  • Also, before the session begins there could be a stern disclaimer about requesting obscene and provocative things.
  • Fiverr could implement a 3 strikes you’re out kinda deal. To ban people from using this feature or the website!

Overall I think it would work for many categories.

The possibilities are endless.

I appreciate you @nikavoice for your kind appeal to Fiverr to add chat system.

Aww, thank you. 🙂

I totally understand your point of view.

That’s why I said it should be “optional” if certain Sellers want to use this feature. Most people are in a Business frame of mind, however, I realize you’ll have people looking to take advantage of this feature.

• There should be an age requirement for the video chat.
  • A better cancellation policy should definitely be implemented first.
  • Leave it to the Sellers to charge their own per/min rate.
  • VO artists sometimes the client wants Studio access to direct via s***e etc. So, it would be beneficial.
  • Also, before the session begins there could be a stern disclaimer about requesting obscene and provocative things.
  • Fiverr could implement a 3 strikes you’re out kinda deal. To ban people from using this feature or the website!

Overall I think it would work for many categories.

The possibilities are endless.

This forum will be full of stories of abuse of this kind. It just takes one time for a youngster for example to be one time too many. They might not even feel they can report it to anyone.

There might also be sellers who abuse it too. That won’t help fiverr’s public image. Can you imagine a young lady trying to hire a seller who exposes himself to her?

This forum will be full of stories of abuse of this kind. It just takes one time for a youngster for example to be one time too many. They might not even feel they can report it to anyone.

There might also be sellers who abuse it too. That won’t help fiverr’s public image. Can you imagine a young lady trying to hire a seller who exposes himself to her?

Yuck! Just the thought of that makes me want to barf. 🤢

People should not be coming on Fiverr for these activities, there are plenty of webcam sites on the net. Also, with the 👣 fetish creepers, I’m sure nothing will stop them from trying. If it happened to me, I’d be furious! 😡

You’re right tho it’s just not the Buyers this applies to Sellers as well.

Guest sujon_kumar

Clear communication is the key to doing frictionless business on Fiverr. That’s why we’re replacing our current email-like messaging with a fresh new live-chat-style inbox experience. Your inbox has been completely overhauled and redesigned for faster and easier messaging, including real-time updates as well as improved multitasking and productivity. These exciting changes will gradually roll out to users over the next few weeks in order to make the transition to the new inbox as smooth as possible. We’ve outlined the biggest updates for you below:

Using Your New Inbox

Let’s take a look at the inbox. As you know, your inbox is where you will receive messages from buyers and sellers.

If you have a new message, you’ll see an indication in the top menu next to Messages.

Clicking Messages, and then Inbox will display your latest messages. This allows you to quickly view them and go directly to the conversation. If you’d like to view your entire inbox, you can click See All in Inbox.

Within a conversation, you can see the buyer or seller’s online status and local time. In addition, you can see more information about the user, including average response time, language preferences, order history, and more.

Select the Actions icon to mark a message as important (with a star), as unread or read, archive it, delete it, or even give it a label. Preset labels can be found in the menu, so for example, you can select the follow-up label to remind you to follow up on the message.

To find a conversation, just click the Search icon. You can also filter your conversations by the different statuses. For example, you can filter your inbox to show all the Custom Offers you’ve received.

To find specific conversations:

Click the “All Conversations” button to filter by the following statuses:

• All Conversations: here you can view all current and past messages
  • Unread: See all opened messages
  • Starred: See all messages you’ve marked as important
  • Archived: Conversations in your history you’ve saved for your reference
  • Requests: Conversations in which you have requested a quote from another seller
  • Follow-up: messages you have flagged to respond to at another time
  • Other: you have the option to create your own labels to keep you organized as you see fit
  • Use the magnifying glass icon to search for specific users.

To report a message as spam and/or a violation of our :

1. Click Report Button
  2. Select reason for report (the nature of the offense)
  3. Click Next
  4. Decide whether or not you would like to block the user, and click Submit

The New Inbox Experience for Buyers

More of a visual learner? We put together a video walking Fiverr buyers through the new Inbox.

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" seamless="seamless" sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-forms allow-popups allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox allow-presentation">

The New Inbox Experience for Sellers

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" seamless="seamless" sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-forms allow-popups allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox allow-presentation">

We didn’t forget about you, sellers! Here’s a short video that sums up all the important Inbox updates for Fiverr sellers.

Create a Custom Offer

One more thing, sellers: you can still send Custom Offers to buyers looking for something specific. Custom Offers help you be proactive and develop a rapport with a buyer by tailoring your Gig to their needs.

When you send a Custom Offer to a buyer, include all the necessary details in the message, based on your availability and the buyer’s requirements. If the buyer agrees to the terms, all he or she has to do is accept the offer and the order will start. So make sure the Custom Offer fits your stipulations before you hit send.

Just the Beginning

Stay tuned, doers! We’ll be rolling out more features like the new inbox to help our community connect and collaborate on Fiverr in the near future. Let us know what other features you would like to see in the comments below.

more features like the new inbox to help our community connect and collaborate on Fiverr in the near future

Thanks for posting,I am new to fiverr,so this post is very helpful for me.Does the custom offer have priority over fiverr?

I just got the new inbox, and it’s full of display glitches.

The posts in a conversation overlap with each other:

inbox-f.png.9ba406b98ea3859badf8665057be03a4.png

(I blacked out the username of the person I was talking to. The rest is untouched.)

I typed a new message to this person and hit “Send”, and it disappeared from the box where you type stuff, but didn’t appear as a new message at the end of the conversation.

With another customer, I clicked the “Create an Offer” link…and the whole right half of the interface turned into a blank white box, no links or options or anything.

Please fix this! I can’t get new orders if I can’t actually talk to people.

Yuck! Just the thought of that makes me want to barf. 🤢

People should not be coming on Fiverr for these activities, there are plenty of webcam sites on the net. Also, with the 👣 fetish creepers, I’m sure nothing will stop them from trying. If it happened to me, I’d be furious! 😡

You’re right tho it’s just not the Buyers this applies to Sellers as well.

People should not be coming on Fiverr for these activities, there are plenty of webcam sites on the net.

Maybe adult gigs could be reserved to adult buyers. In fact, how many buyers are under 18? I think pretty much all my buyers are over 18. Teenagers are usually broke.

Honestly, I want Fiverr to have more buyers! Every time they prohibit some gig or some category, they’re hurting the sellers! People who used to buy book reviews also bought other things.

Right now Fiverr seems to have different priorities. They have a new inbox, Elevate, I don’t get it. I don’t need Fiverr to help me with my taxes and healthcare, I already have an accountant and an insurance plan.

People should not be coming on Fiverr for these activities, there are plenty of webcam sites on the net.

Maybe adult gigs could be reserved to adult buyers. In fact, how many buyers are under 18? I think pretty much all my buyers are over 18. Teenagers are usually broke.

Honestly, I want Fiverr to have more buyers! Every time they prohibit some gig or some category, they’re hurting the sellers! People who used to buy book reviews also bought other things.

Right now Fiverr seems to have different priorities. They have a new inbox, Elevate, I don’t get it. I don’t need Fiverr to help me with my taxes and healthcare, I already have an accountant and an insurance plan.

Maybe adult gigs could be reserved to adult buyers. In fact, how many buyers are under 18? I think pretty much all my buyers are over 18.

I doubt they will go this route, remember they are getting rid of the harmless 🍉 eaters, sign holders and models etc. Fiverr wants to portray a squeaky clean image, so an actual ‘adult section’ wouldn’t happen. As for the new Elevate, I bookmarked it to read more about it later.

Maybe adult gigs could be reserved to adult buyers. In fact, how many buyers are under 18? I think pretty much all my buyers are over 18.

I doubt they will go this route, remember they are getting rid of the harmless 🍉 eaters, sign holders and models etc. Fiverr wants to portray a squeaky clean image, so an actual ‘adult section’ wouldn’t happen. As for the new Elevate, I bookmarked it to read more about it later.

Yes, things are changing. Good bye cool startup, hello cubicle farm.

Archived