Fiverr is unfair to new sellers. How to survive?

web_designs103

It took me 2 months to have my first order. 3 months to have my second. A month and a half to get my first message from a client. I’ve worked in 2 single projects that came from buyers request in 3 years.
Some people take 1 week to get the first order, some people take 6 moths. Customers do not have a linear response and all we can do is work hard and use every tool in our hand to let us be seen.

Be patience, because there is no magic formula or super fast shortcut for being succesfull as a freelancer in fiverr.

You can use @lucycodex advice to improve your gig as well because she has a very good point.

One other thing, @jonbaas , it’s great that you are successfull in your business and it’s great to have an experienced one helping others, but as expensive as your orders may be, politeness should be for free. It’s just a small advice.

Have a great day/evening/night people!

At least a beggar is assured some income throughout the day. Sounds like this dude ain’t even making 5 bucks…so what do you expect him to do to build his business?

If I had to promote myself off the Fiverr site I might as well keep that business off the Fiverr site to keep my 20%. So…IDK what he should do but if you have better advice other than “work harder” please share it with the guy.

At least a beggar is assured some income throughout the day. Sounds like this dude ain’t even making 5 bucks…so what do you expect him to do to build his business?

If I had to promote myself off the Fiverr site I might as well keep that business off the Fiverr site to keep my 20%. So…IDK what he should do but if you have better advice other than “work harder” please share it with the guy.

Who are you addressing with this drivel, @galaxy4862 or me?

It took me 2 months to have my first order. 3 months to have my second. A month and a half to get my first message from a client. I’ve worked in 2 single projects that came from buyers request in 3 years.

Some people take 1 week to get the first order, some people take 6 moths. Customers do not have a linear response and all we can do is work hard and use every tool in our hand to let us be seen.

Be patience, because there is no magic formula or super fast shortcut for being succesfull as a freelancer in fiverr.

You can use @lucycodex advice to improve your gig as well because she has a very good point.

One other thing, @jonbaas , it’s great that you are successfull in your business and it’s great to have an experienced one helping others, but as expensive as your orders may be, politeness should be for free. It’s just a small advice.

Have a great day/evening/night people!

Nothing that I said was impolite to anyone who didn’t need a strong word of wisdom. And I am uncertain how the fair and appropriate cost of my services equates to me not giving away politeness for free. Your “small advice” feels just as you have stated.

I think someone needs to tell you lot that selling on Fiverr never gets easy NEVER

Whether you have 1 review or a hundred reviews, you’ll still be struggling for orders every day. The only option you have is customer retention and self-promotion. This is how I do it, this is probably how @jonbaas does it and this is how any “successful” seller of Fiverr does it.

I think when you will get first order from your buyers then all of your sorrows and negative thinking will escape from your mind.be patient and try hard everyday I think your problems will solve.after trying about one and half months I got an order from my buyer.so please try hard and sent offer to your customers.

it’s very helpful tip from you. it will help me . i am also new to fiverr. thank you for sugessions.

Nothing that I said was impolite to anyone who didn’t need a strong word of wisdom. And I am uncertain how the fair and appropriate cost of my services equates to me not giving away politeness for free. Your “small advice” feels just as you have stated.

Considering yourself the “strong word of wisdom” makes me understand that I have nothing to do here.

Your “small advice” feels just as you have stated.

It was a small advice, but taking advices doesn’t appear to be your strong side.

I’d whish you a successfull career as well, but i’m sure you think you don’t need anybody wishing you anything.

Best regards

Considering yourself the “strong word of wisdom” makes me understand that I have nothing to do here.

Your “small advice” feels just as you have stated.

It was a small advice, but taking advices doesn’t appear to be your strong side.

I’d whish you a successfull career as well, but i’m sure you think you don’t need anybody wishing you anything.

Best regards

I welcome advice – when I ask for it. I have no need of advice from you.

The recent long forum topic in which dozens of forum users wished me a Happy Birthday would be a wonderful example of people wishing me something. And that was a humbling, thoughtful and kind gesture – from each and every one of those people.

Thank YOU for your well-wishes on my career. I appreciate your interest.

popcorn-gif-3.gif.f31856c4c88551e1a865a1832779c5fa.gif

I welcome advice – when I ask for it. I have no need of advice from you.

The recent long forum topic in which dozens of forum users wished me a Happy Birthday would be a wonderful example of people wishing me something. And that was a humbling, thoughtful and kind gesture – from each and every one of those people.

Thank YOU for your well-wishes on my career. I appreciate your interest.

As I said. Nothing to do here.

God, this thread is a vipers nest if ever I’ve seen one.

First off, take everything you have read so far about offering $5 services to get started in Fiverr and burn it. $5 gigs attract a higher volume of troublesome buyers. If I could start again, I would price myself at a $20 minimum.

The next thing you should do is take 20 competitor gigs which appear highly in the Fiverr search and strip these down to keywords and title tags. Then incorporate these into each of your own unique gig descriptions.

Lastly, spend time creating a stunning gig video. You can download programs like Blender for free and buy some pretty cool pre-made visual elements for as little as $9 at the online Blender market place. The only downside is that learning to use Blender is like learning to ride a horse backwards with your hair on fire. If, however, you can learn the ropes, you will end up with a few awesome gig videos and a new skill to maybe market on Fiverr.

As for marketing off Fiverr, don’t bother. Market yourself anywhere and everywhere but don’t do that in a way which says, “I’m Joe, buy my Fiverr gig.” Instead, write an article on somewhere like Steem about something like learning to use Blender as web designer, then tag on the end, by the way, I offer these services here and here."

God, this thread is a vipers nest if ever I’ve seen one.

First off, take everything you have read so far about offering $5 services to get started in Fiverr and burn it. $5 gigs attract a higher volume of troublesome buyers. If I could start again, I would price myself at a $20 minimum.

The next thing you should do is take 20 competitor gigs which appear highly in the Fiverr search and strip these down to keywords and title tags. Then incorporate these into each of your own unique gig descriptions.

Lastly, spend time creating a stunning gig video. You can download programs like Blender for free and buy some pretty cool pre-made visual elements for as little as $9 at the online Blender market place. The only downside is that learning to use Blender is like learning to ride a horse backwards with your hair on fire. If, however, you can learn the ropes, you will end up with a few awesome gig videos and a new skill to maybe market on Fiverr.

As for marketing off Fiverr, don’t bother. Market yourself anywhere and everywhere but don’t do that in a way which says, “I’m Joe, buy my Fiverr gig.” Instead, write an article on somewhere like Steem about something like learning to use Blender as web designer, then tag on the end, by the way, I offer these services here and here."

The only downside is that learning to use Blender is like learning to ride a horse backwards with your hair on fire.

That is quite the visual imagery. 👀

Archived