Just Been Demoted? Let's Stop it Happening Again

paulmaplesden

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see that a fair number of people have been demoted on St. Level’s Day. Although its unfortunate if it happens to you, there are things you can do to stop this happening in future. Here are some suggestions, which I hope are useful not just if you’ve been demoted, but for sellers in general to help you maintain high standards and ratings.

Review the Turnaround Times on Your Gigs

I can see plenty of people getting demoted because of delays in completing work, extra time taken to do revisions, etc. One way around this is to lengthen the time you allow yourself to deliver a gig. Normally deliver in 24 hours? Change it to 48. Can’t make three days? Change it to five. Yes, I know that some buyers are looking for very fast turnarounds, but if trying to meet those deadlines is damaging your order completion rate, maybe its time to review that.

Use the Resolution Center

The Resolution Center is an awesome resource for sellers. It lets you extend deadlines, request extra money, modify orders, and more. If the scope of an order changes, use this to painlessly request an extension on your delivery times. If an order needs to be revised and you need an extra day or two, request that through the Resolution Center. OK, it may not work in every case, but for many it absolutely will.

Get Email Alerts When a Buyer Contacts You

You can setup Fiverr so you get an email every time you receive a message or an order from a buyer. Go into your email program and ensure it flags these as urgent. Use a service like Zapier or IFTTT to send you an SMS when you receive a message from Fiverr. Anything that gets you to your phone or computer so you can respond to the buyer and not damage your response rate.

Setup Quick Responses and Use Them

The Fiverr messaging system has templated, quick responses built in, and you can add your own. Don’t have time to reply to an inquiry in detail right now? Just set up a QR that says “Thanks for your message, I am currently traveling and will respond to you as soon as possible.” Then, when you get alerted you have a message you just need to go into your smartphone, pull up the QR, send it, and then respond properly when you have time.

I have QRs setup to thank people when I receive an order, let them know when I am starting it, for delivery, and as a single followup after delivery to check everything is good. It works very well.

Submit Unspam Requests

the way the Fiverr system works, you have to respond to every request, even spam ones. If a spam user has already been blocked, just submit an “Unblock User” request in the messaging system, and send them a “No Thanks” response.

Communicate Better and Manage Expectations

This all comes back to communication - whatever you do in your freelancing life, fast, effective, high-quality communication is at the heart of being a professional freelance worker. It sets expectations, enhances relationships, keeps buyers informed, and ultimately grows your business.

Implement these changes today, and there’s every chance you will enhance your response and order completion rates for future evaluations.

Good luck!

Please do not use this thread to complain about being demoted. This thread is intended purely as a help resource for sellers who want to avoid demotion in future. If you’re frustrated, angry, or want to vent, there are plenty of other places on the forums you can do that. Let’s keep this thread on-topic, please.

Mod Note: Just an addition to this great list - Even if you don’t have time to check the forum every day, check every 3-4 days and look at the pinned posts. In this way you will be aware of big issues such as bugs, changes etc. Also, if you see something strange on your account, check here too or ask if anyone has seen the same. Average response time on the forum is 2 minutes so it is well worth it.

yeah off course you are right its must be stooped

I can see that a fair number of people have been demoted on St. Level’s Day. Although its unfortunate if it happens to you, there are things you can do to stop this happening in future. Here are some suggestions, which I hope are useful not just if you’ve been demoted, but for sellers in general to help you maintain high standards and ratings.

I can see plenty of people getting demoted because of delays in completing work, extra time taken to do revisions, etc. One way around this is to lengthen the time you allow yourself to deliver a gig. Normally deliver in 24 hours? Change it to 48. Can’t make three days? Change it to five. Yes, I know that some buyers are looking for very fast turnarounds, but if trying to meet those deadlines is damaging your order completion rate, maybe its time to review that.

The Resolution Center is an awesome resource for sellers. It lets you extend deadlines, request extra money, modify orders, and more. If the scope of an order changes, use this to painlessly request an extension on your delivery times. If an order needs to be revised and you need an extra day or two, request that through the Resolution Center. OK, it may not work in every case, but for many it absolutely will.

You can setup Fiverr so you get an email every time you receive a message or an order from a buyer. Go into your email program and ensure it flags these as urgent. Use a service like Zapier or IFTTT to send you an SMS when you receive a message from Fiverr. Anything that gets you to your phone or computer so you can respond to the buyer and not damage your response rate.

The Fiverr messaging system has templated, quick responses built in, and you can add your own. Don’t have time to reply to an inquiry in detail right now? Just set up a QR that says “Thanks for your message, I am currently traveling and will respond to you as soon as possible.” Then, when you get alerted you have a message you just need to go into your smartphone, pull up the QR, send it, and then respond properly when you have time.

I have QRs setup to thank people when I receive an order, let them know when I am starting it, for delivery, and as a single followup after delivery to check everything is good. It works very well.

Submit Unspam Requests

the way the Fiverr system works, you have to respond to every request, even spam ones. If a spam user has already been blocked, just submit an “Unblock User” request in the messaging system, and send them a “No Thanks” response.

This all comes back to communication - whatever you do in your freelancing life, fast, effective, high-quality communication is at the heart of being a professional freelance worker. It sets expectations, enhances relationships, keeps buyers informed, and ultimately grows your business.

Implement these changes today, and there’s every chance you will enhance your response and order completion rates for future evaluations.

Good luck!

Please do not use this thread to complain about being demoted. This thread is intended purely as a help resource for sellers who want to avoid demotion in future. If you’re frustrated, angry, or want to vent, there are plenty of other places on the forums you can do that. Let’s keep this thread on-topic, please.

Mod Note: Just an addition to this great list - Even if you don’t have time to check the forum every day, check every 3-4 days and look at the pinned posts. In this way you will be aware of big issues such as bugs, changes etc. Also, if you see something strange on your account, check here too or ask if anyone has seen the same. Average response time on the forum is 2 minutes so it is well worth it.

Normally deliver in 24 hours? Change it to 48. Can’t make three days? Change it to five. Yes, I know that some buyers are looking for very fast turnarounds, but if trying to meet those deadlines is damaging your order completion rate, maybe its time to review that.

I agreed…

The Fiverr messaging system has templated, quick responses built in, and you can add your own.

quick respond is almost cause removal of account. i don’t know why but it did… so this is bad…

Normally deliver in 24 hours? Change it to 48. Can’t make three days? Change it to five. Yes, I know that some buyers are looking for very fast turnarounds, but if trying to meet those deadlines is damaging your order completion rate, maybe its time to review that.

I agreed…

The Fiverr messaging system has templated, quick responses built in, and you can add your own.

quick respond is almost cause removal of account. i don’t know why but it did… so this is bad…

I, and thousands of other sellers, use them every day without issue. I suspect the problem may be with how you use them.

I was demoted to level 1 on 15th like many other seller. It was wakeup call for me, I got my on time delivery from 84% to 89% today.
Last night, a order was due in 12 hours and client wasn’t responding to me (I had to send him extender request 2 days before as well which he accepted), so I messaged him twice, got no response so I sent another extender request and went to sleep, I wake up to find that the clinet I sent extender to didn’t accepted it and order got late I got a big warning from fiverr that I’m delivering order late so that’s why I’m getting warning and since it was second warning, I got demoted to no level.
The late order and demotion warning was 13 minutes apart as per email. I’ve opened ticket on Fiverr, All my gig rankings are gone, I’m not sure why they gave me warning for that and demoted it. I really hope they can help me and hopefully it was auto system that sent me warning and they can get it off

There really isn’t any way stop being demoted due to cancellation of orders placed in error by buyers, is it? Because I’ve been told by Customer Support a few days ago that “all cancellations affect the cancellation rate, even if we cancel them for you.”

I have been demoted only and ONLY due to cancellation of such orders, as ALL of my cancelled orders to this day were placed in error by the buyers. I’m sure such is the case for many sellers, if not most.

My analytics:

I’ve been told by Customer Support a few days ago that “all cancellations affect the cancellation rate, even if we cancel them for you.”

That´s sad, sorry for you, but I´d say we all should go through CS either way for all such cancellations that happen because of buyers ‘accidental’ orders or because of system bugs, server downtimes etc., even if it still counts against our rate;

at least, it will be more obvious to Fiverr that the current stance can´t be the answer to the cancellation rate issue.

If we just cancel ourselves instead, it will go unnoticed.

Actually some good point. Wish I’d known about them before I got demoted from TRS, after 3 years of smooth sailing. Says it was due to low response rate.

It was my assumption that its evaluated based on speed of response and if you respond to everyone. I always respond within minutes and to everyone. The only exceptions are when I receive messages while I sleep – most of my clients are in China, so there have been 6 to 8 hour delays until I wake up.

Also I did not respond to spammers or to clients when the conversation is over or we’ve moved on to the order page. Maybe I should have sent at least an “ok, thanks” or something like you suggested.

But I’m still sore at Fiverr now because its expected that I respond to the spammers, have the last word in conversations and that I have to jump out of bed at 3 in the morning to respond to a message just so i can keep my response rate…

Only first responses to new are judged by the response rate meter.

Submit Unspam Requests

Good luck!

plenty

This is really great tips.

I’ve been told by Customer Support a few days ago that “all cancellations affect the cancellation rate, even if we cancel them for you.”

That´s sad, sorry for you, but I´d say we all should go through CS either way for all such cancellations that happen because of buyers ‘accidental’ orders or because of system bugs, server downtimes etc., even if it still counts against our rate;

at least, it will be more obvious to Fiverr that the current stance can´t be the answer to the cancellation rate issue.

That’s good advice! Thanks Miiila!

So what’s your recommendation when a Buyer orders by mistake, is unresponsive or doesn’t read your Gig details and requests a service that you don’t advertise (and/or advertise against) or simply wants to cancel for reasons simply out of a Sellers control?

Because (no matter the reason) if a Buyer wants to cancel an Order a Seller cannot force them not to but regardless a Buyer’s cancellation it can and will effects a Sellers “Level Status”…

I don’t see you address this, which is the biggest reason why many Sellers got demoted.

@animexstudios5r @thepromogirl

Could not reply any better. That is EXACTLY where the BIGGEST problem is. Fiverr needs to rethink this whole thing with the cancelled orders because it makes no sense. Especially in sensitive categories like technology, for example mobile apps. No matter how hard you try to communicate and explain up front what is it that you offer, there will ALWAYS be buyers like you mentioned, especially in this category.

That is the only reason why I lost my Top Rated Seller status after 5 years of hard work. I don’t want to brag, but my “convert websites to app” gig started a revolution on Fiverr, an entire sub-category got created for people who are copying what I do.

Now I simply got thrown into the same category of people who copied me a few years back. All these years of quality work and being a role model for newbie sellers down the drain.

All because of a few buyers who were too lazy to read the gig description, or did not contact me as requested.

We HAVE to respond to spam messages? Are you kidding me?

Can you really not develop a program that ignores spam messages?

Also, communication can’t go on forever. When sellers communicate with each other (I regularly buy and sell on Fiverr), and I send a ‘final’ thanks message… the other seller has to keep responding simply to maintain their response level.

This is not something that is OUR fault as sellers… and thus should NOT affect our ratings.

Find these errors in your programming and statistics and FIX them, don’t punish us for things we have no control over.

#Ridiculous

You don’t have to respond to spam messages. If you report such message it will count as your response.

You can read more about that here:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/response-time-rate-faq

One little metric caused me to lose TRS. It’s ridiculous, and yes, it will happen again because this new system is designed to fail you. Asking for 4.8 is asking too much. They should be asking for 4.5 or 4.0. 4.8 is 96%!

Same here…Been 5 star for years and one guy delivers me with a 4.4 the day before the cutoff which drops me to a 4.7.

DESIGNED TO FAIL SELLERS INDEED.

Archived