Just Been Demoted? Let's Stop it Happening Again

paulmaplesden

So what’s your recommendation when a Buyer orders by mistake, is unresponsive or doesn’t read your Gig details and requests a service that you don’t advertise (and/or advertise against) or simply wants to cancel for reasons simply out of a Sellers control?

Because (no matter the reason) if a Buyer wants to cancel an Order a Seller cannot force them not to but regardless a Buyer’s cancellation it can and will effects a Sellers “Level Status”…

I don’t see you address this, which is the biggest reason why many Sellers got demoted.

100% agree. Lots of sellers faced this issue even though I am not. Fiverr need to look upon this.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not been demoted and stayed at level 2 but looking at the reasons why I did not receive a promotion there are items that could be addressed to help,

in the add on areas for the gig there is very little space to describe what the add on is that we are providing, people often ask me to explain my add ons, I have no way of doing this in the gig description section, because there is no room, some services need more explanation than others

the main problem I always have is people do not read my page before they order, then when I deliver they context me “hey why did you not include this or that” when I ask if they read the page which explains my service and what I will deliver they either say no or they do not reply, this is obviously affecting things with the secret answers section also people can give after reviewing the service, there should be a check box that buyers have to tick to agree that they have read the text which states what I am delivering,

this secret question section is also open to fraud, I have other sellers on fiverr who regularly buy from me on a daily basis, they have services set up on fiverr, they buy from me and re sell in packages on their own pages, many times they do not leave a star rating, they must be happy with what they receive as they buy from me regularly sometimes every day, they do this for one reason, so that i receive fewer rated orders

so with this in mind what do you think they are saying in the secret question section? do you think they want to rank above me in the listings? this is an easy way to drive other people services down and should be looked at I would also imagine that a large percent of people who mark me down on this section are the ones who again did not read what I deliver and just presume,

Great tips! I’m blown away at some people who have been coasting on level 2 and have been around for a few years on Fiverr are now at Level 1. Even ones with over 500 reviews. That’s a shocker. I appreciate your thoughts on setting a few days for delivery. I will try to deliver 24 hours if I can. I always use the resolution center no matter what. Keeping in touch with them constantly. Especially with pesky buyers who won’t cancel when they should. Getting customer service to Force them to cancel has been very helpful. They only thing that gets me is people who want revisions late. That tends to mess things up for a me a little bit.

I can see that a fair number of people have been demoted on St. Level’s Day. Although its unfortunate if it happens to you, there are things you can do to stop this happening in future. Here are some suggestions, which I hope are useful not just if you’ve been demoted, but for sellers in general to help you maintain high standards and ratings.

Review the Turnaround Times on Your Gigs

I can see plenty of people getting demoted because of delays in completing work, extra time taken to do revisions, etc. One way around this is to lengthen the time you allow yourself to deliver a gig. Normally deliver in 24 hours? Change it to 48. Can’t make three days? Change it to five. Yes, I know that some buyers are looking for very fast turnarounds, but if trying to meet those deadlines is damaging your order completion rate, maybe its time to review that.

Use the Resolution Center

The Resolution Center is an awesome resource for sellers. It lets you extend deadlines, request extra money, modify orders, and more. If the scope of an order changes, use this to painlessly request an extension on your delivery times. If an order needs to be revised and you need an extra day or two, request that through the Resolution Center. OK, it may not work in every case, but for many it absolutely will.

Get Email Alerts When a Buyer Contacts You

You can setup Fiverr so you get an email every time you receive a message or an order from a buyer. Go into your email program and ensure it flags these as urgent. Use a service like Zapier or IFTTT to send you an SMS when you receive a message from Fiverr. Anything that gets you to your phone or computer so you can respond to the buyer and not damage your response rate.

Setup Quick Responses and Use Them

The Fiverr messaging system has templated, quick responses built in, and you can add your own. Don’t have time to reply to an inquiry in detail right now? Just set up a QR that says “Thanks for your message, I am currently traveling and will respond to you as soon as possible.” Then, when you get alerted you have a message you just need to go into your smartphone, pull up the QR, send it, and then respond properly when you have time.

I have QRs setup to thank people when I receive an order, let them know when I am starting it, for delivery, and as a single followup after delivery to check everything is good. It works very well.

Submit Unspam Requests

the way the Fiverr system works, you have to respond to every request, even spam ones. If a spam user has already been blocked, just submit an “Unblock User” request in the messaging system, and send them a “No Thanks” response.

Communicate Better and Manage Expectations

This all comes back to communication - whatever you do in your freelancing life, fast, effective, high-quality communication is at the heart of being a professional freelance worker. It sets expectations, enhances relationships, keeps buyers informed, and ultimately grows your business.

Implement these changes today, and there’s every chance you will enhance your response and order completion rates for future evaluations.

Good luck!

Please do not use this thread to complain about being demoted. This thread is intended purely as a help resource for sellers who want to avoid demotion in future. If you’re frustrated, angry, or want to vent, there are plenty of other places on the forums you can do that. Let’s keep this thread on-topic, please.

Mod Note: Just an addition to this great list - Even if you don’t have time to check the forum every day, check every 3-4 days and look at the pinned posts. In this way you will be aware of big issues such as bugs, changes etc. Also, if you see something strange on your account, check here too or ask if anyone has seen the same. Average response time on the forum is 2 minutes so it is well worth it.

Your solution for handling SPAM marked by Fiverr is Incorrect.

Per Fiverr support, “The response rate counts only the messages sent via the inbox. As for your other message, if message has been marked as spam by Fiverr you don’t have to worry about that one.

You

Submit Unspam Requests

the way the Fiverr system works, you have to respond to every request, even spam ones. If a spam user has already been blocked, just submit an “Unblock User” request in the messaging system, and send them a “No Thanks” response.

See my conversation with Customer Support about messages

1093968295_Screenshot2018-01-1707_32_57.thumb.png.8e6ddbf4e0471e442a56fd581b9cd927.png

Hope this helps.

Darren

Sorry to hear this. That’s a bunch of bull and you don’t deserve it. I have been saying for a couple of years now that Fiverr needs to vet buyers and their intent when they purchase in order. Last year during 1 month, I had a whole slew of people who just created account in that month of 2017, ordered a bunch of stuff from me, and either canceled or gave me bad ratings. Personally, I think it’s competitors working the system.

My thoughts are we (SELLERS) should all purchase from each other at $5 offer rate just to prop each other up so that we can get our ratings back up and force Fiverr to promote us back to the level we deserve. Crazy, but with enough people, it might work. Just thinking out loud.

Thank you! I appreciate your support and it’s very refreshing to find here on the Forum. I think your ideas are very good–why shouldn’t we sellers support one another more? I don’t tend to see life as a competition, and I’d rather lift each other up in this way.

I’m sorry you have had similar issues to mine. I have had my suspicions on some of this as well. Let’s hope Fiverr hears our concerns and listens to us. I enjoy so many aspects of Fiverr, and hope to stay if it’s a viable option.

This is part of my 2018 goal. To implement a CRM program

What is a CRM system?

What is a CRM system?

CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management. A system or strategy for managing client interactions, dealing with future and current customers, optimizing and systematizing relationships. It helps businesses to gain an insight into the behavior of customers and modify their business operations to ensure that customers are served in the best possible way.

I have not been demoted and stayed at level 2 but looking at the reasons why I did not receive a promotion there are items that could be addressed to help,

in the add on areas for the gig there is very little space to describe what the add on is that we are providing, people often ask me to explain my add ons, I have no way of doing this in the gig description section, because there is no room, some services need more explanation than others

the main problem I always have is people do not read my page before they order, then when I deliver they context me “hey why did you not include this or that” when I ask if they read the page which explains my service and what I will deliver they either say no or they do not reply, this is obviously affecting things with the secret answers section also people can give after reviewing the service, there should be a check box that buyers have to tick to agree that they have read the text which states what I am delivering,

this secret question section is also open to fraud, I have other sellers on fiverr who regularly buy from me on a daily basis, they have services set up on fiverr, they buy from me and re sell in packages on their own pages, many times they do not leave a star rating, they must be happy with what they receive as they buy from me regularly sometimes every day, they do this for one reason, so that i receive fewer rated orders

so with this in mind what do you think they are saying in the secret question section? do you think they want to rank above me in the listings? this is an easy way to drive other people services down and should be looked at I would also imagine that a large percent of people who mark me down on this section are the ones who again did not read what I deliver and just presume,

@spencer I have some buyers that resell my gigs and very often they don’t leave a review. I don’t see it that they are trying to reduce the percentage of reviewed orders I have, I have always thought that it is because if one of their customers sees their review on my gig then they will know where they are outsourcing from and cut out the middle man.

If I was reselling someone else’s gigs I wouldn’t leave a review for this reason because it could result in me losing customers.

Do you think that perhaps this is the reason?

Great tips as always!

One thing you didn’t mention about getting notifications on your cell phone is using the Fiverr app. It has been a life-saver for me on the go. I get notified of messages instantly, can respond to them, and even deliver gigs on the go!

Get the app people. It will help your response rates!

I was demoted, but I understand because I couldn’t keep the order volume due to my daily job and some vacations.

However, system told me I have to keep my order completion 90% to maintain level ONE. I had 3 cancelled order since I worked here. One unreasonable cancel after I worked 4 days; one overpaid and I suggested cancel&re-ordered and she did it; one $300 order 2 weeks ago, cancelled right as I checked the notification of order requirement completed “get start”, the reason ’ sorry I made a mistake’, then this made my completion rate from 98% to 78% suddendly. I hope I won’t be demoted to ‘new seller’ on Feb 15. lol.

I would like to suggest fiverr team, could we have the right ‘reject the order’ before the order affect our performance.

could we have the right ‘reject the order’ before the order affect our performance.

i agree with you. my cancelation is always due to the buyer mistakenly place order or order without reading my gig description.

there should be option for seller to accept/reject order.

Great tips! I’m blown away at some people who have been coasting on level 2 and have been around for a few years on Fiverr are now at Level 1. Even ones with over 500 reviews. That’s a shocker. I appreciate your thoughts on setting a few days for delivery. I will try to deliver 24 hours if I can. I always use the resolution center no matter what. Keeping in touch with them constantly. Especially with pesky buyers who won’t cancel when they should. Getting customer service to Force them to cancel has been very helpful. They only thing that gets me is people who want revisions late. That tends to mess things up for a me a little bit.

Late revisions wont effect your submission time

Late revisions wont effect your submission time

That’s only partially true. There is a bug. If you deliver before the deadline and the buyer requests a revision before the original deadline, the timer will go back to counting down towards the original deadline. Sometimes if you don’t redeliver before the deadline it will show up as late on the stats on the analytics page and hurt your on time rating. But, if the buyer requests a revision after the deadline it will say on the order it is late, but it will not actually affect your on time rating. It’s a strange bug. It has happened to me twice in the past 60 days and those are the only orders I have been “late” on.

There really isn’t any way stop being demoted due to cancellation of orders placed in error by buyers, is it? Because I’ve been told by Customer Support a few days ago that “all cancellations affect the cancellation rate, even if we cancel them for you.”

I have been demoted only and ONLY due to cancellation of such orders, as ALL of my cancelled orders to this day were placed in error by the buyers. I’m sure such is the case for many sellers, if not most.

My analytics:

Demotion-due-to-Cancellation-of-Orders-placed-by-mistake.thumb.PNG.d3079dad360185d419d50feba93f0905.PNG

Archived