How long do you work for $5

daniel_holban

Friend… You know I offer service which related to business cards. So some times I spent more then 4h for a design. Reason is some clients ask for hundreds of modifications for 5…!!! LoL… 😃

You know I offer service which related to business cards. So some times I spent more then 4h for a design. Reason is some clients ask for hundreds of modifications for 5

Stop offering unlimited revisions, and this won’t be a problem anymore. 😉

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I offer service which related to business cards. So some times I spent more then 4h for a design. Reason is some clients ask for hundreds of modifications for 5

Stop offering unlimited revisions, and this won’t be a problem anymore. 😉

hahaha… but friend… I want to attract more buyers 😉 that’s why I offer unlimited number of revision… I have no choice friend…!!!

hahaha… but friend… I want to attract more buyers 😉 that’s why I offer unlimited number of revision… I have no choice friend…!!!

You always have a choice. ALWAYS. Just keep in mind, by offering unlimited revisions, you have opened the door for a certain type of seller who can take advantage of you and keep asking for revisions as long as they want to. And you cannot do anything to stop them – because, legally, you have to keep revising their order indefinitely.

Unlimited revisions are not a smart business choice, no matter how thrilled you are with the concept. You’re not going to attract more buyers – you’re going to attract opportunist buyers who have the ability to take advantage of you.

And don’t call me “friend”. We do not have a personal relationship.

You always have a choice. ALWAYS. Just keep in mind, by offering unlimited revisions, you have opened the door for a certain type of seller who can take advantage of you and keep asking for revisions as long as they want to. And you cannot do anything to stop them – because, legally, you have to keep revising their order indefinitely.

Unlimited revisions are not a smart business choice, no matter how thrilled you are with the concept. You’re not going to attract more buyers – you’re going to attract opportunist buyers who have the ability to take advantage of you.

Thank you… I can understand 🙂

And don’t call me “friend”.

All we are friends here… 🙃

You can offer unlimited revisions if you know that you are delivering quality work from the first time. 😉 it’s a strategy, I’m using it.

And don’t call me “friend”.

You can offer unlimited revisions if you know that you are delivering quality work from the first time. 😉 it’s a strategy, I’m using it.

No, we are all “friendly” here, there’s a difference.

I just offered my advice. If you get taken advantage of, and choose to complain about it here on the forums, I’ll be the first person to say, “I told you so.”

• 3 weeks later...

what the **** man?what do you think? you think “you are the hero here”.get the hell outta here 😠

what the **** man?what do you think? you think “you are the hero here”.get the hell outta here 😠

I don’t recall saying anything about me being a hero. Perhaps you are getting me confused with Superman. I’m just a veteran seller. Superman is a genuine hero. 😉

I don’t recall saying anything about me being a hero. Perhaps you are getting me confused with Superman. I’m just a veteran seller. Superman is a genuine hero. 😉

Superman is a genuine hero

I’m sorry @jonbaas but you clearly have your facts mixed up. Batman is the only genuine hero.

Guest offlinehelpers

Superman is a genuine hero.

genuiene ??😂

watch your business friend

That sounds a little bit threatening - not sure why?

Do you mean ‘mind your own business’?

Guest offlinehelpers

I think it kinda-sorta sounds like “watch your back?”

“watch your back?”

Hmmmm 🤨

Happy anniversary BTW! 🙂

@honest_sj - are you sure your location is really in the UK? If it’s not you can ask CS to put it right for you.

Guest neromare

I would not spend more than 15-17 minutes. After Fiverr get their fee, and you witdraw from PayPal to your bank account, that’s barely $3.00. Maybe even $2.50. Which is funny, to spend 1 hour for TWO DOLLARS.

If you’re not a professional, that’s a whole another story. Be my guest and spend 3 hours then, for $3.00 dollars.

My best advice would be to not think about an hourly rate at all.

Take your minimum monthly living costs. Rent, utilities, food etc. Round it do a ballpark figure like $1,000 (mines $700 because I’m super cheap). Now divide that figure into 30. This is how much money you need to make a day just to live. Now create gigs which you could sell 1 -3 of a day to cover what you need to make on a daily/monthly basis.

Of course, you shouldn’t just strive to only make enough to live. The way I do things though, is divide everything into blocks like this and then start the month determined to make enough money to cover my actual living costs asap. Everything after that then gets saved or used for small luxuries like wining and dining a beautiful woman or a drunk pub day.

By breaking even and saving as much as possible, you can then afford to take risks further down the line like increasing your gig prices. For me, I can risk 1-year making no money, the idea being that in that time I won’t sit thinking, “Oh no, I’m poor.” Instead, I’ll be finding ways to make money again.

It’s different for everyone but for me, hourly pricing simply doesn’t work freelancing. Think in blocks of money you need to make. Make that and then steadily start increasing block sizes and diversifying. Also, I now make more money than I used to at hourly rates and my personal finacial

savviness sees me have much more disposable income than anyone I know on an hourly rate.

good advice Cyaxrex. “think in blocks”- that’s my take-home food for thought!

Archived