GIG DENIED - because of fake complaint

logonicks

Hey Woofy31,

You’re most welcome and I hope I can further assist.

Whether it be for personal or commercial use, for every different use of the template, a new license needs to be purchased. For example, in your scenario, if you want to use a template as part of your Fiverr Gig video, a regular license would need to be purchased.

1. Either the Fiverr seller purchase a new license for the sale, at which point, you let them know that you need the licensed information document from Envato and you pay for both the Template and the Edit.

2. You purchase the template from VideoHive and then send the project files to the seller for editing.

I hope I understood and answered your question correctly.

I hope I am not breaking any rules, my apologies if I have, here’s a screen-shot of what a license looks like. Some information has been blurred for obvious reasons, thanks.

dFenty

REGULAR LICENSE:

You are licensed to use the Item to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”), and the End Product can be distributed for Free.

EXTENDED LICENSE:

You are licensed to use the Item to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”), and the End Product may be Sold.

You need to buy 1 extended license for each your end product!

Hey Woofy31,

You’re most welcome and I hope I can further assist.

Whether it be for personal or commercial use, for every different use of the template, a new license needs to be purchased. For example, in your scenario, if you want to use a template as part of your Fiverr Gig video, a regular license would need to be purchased.

1. Either the Fiverr seller purchase a new license for the sale, at which point, you let them know that you need the licensed information document from Envato and you pay for both the Template and the Edit.

2. You purchase the template from VideoHive and then send the project files to the seller for editing.

I hope I understood and answered your question correctly.

I hope I am not breaking any rules, my apologies if I have, here’s a screen-shot of what a license looks like. Some information has been blurred for obvious reasons, thanks.

dFenty

I find that even some of the more expensive gigs are duplicates of VideoHive. It shouldn’t be unreasonable for me to ask seller to produce a license for me ?.?. 😕

REGULAR LICENSE:

You are licensed to use the Item to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”), and the End Product can be distributed for Free.

EXTENDED LICENSE:

You are licensed to use the Item to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”), and the End Product may be Sold.

You need to buy 1 extended license for each your end product!

“You need to buy 1 extended license for each your end product!”

As you mentioned above, both says “End Product”, an extended license is only required if money is being made directly from it, if the client wants to use the product for their personal blog, they just need to buy a regular license not an extended license.

*Edited to place ‘Directly’ for context

I find that even some of the more expensive gigs are duplicates of VideoHive. It shouldn’t be unreasonable for me to ask seller to produce a license for me ?.?. 😕

Exactly Gina, before hand tell them that you’ll require a .pdf of the license from Envato. On delivery if they neglect to produce it, then you know how to move from there. The license should have the purchase date, I would say though, to purchase the template yourself and then ask someone to edit it for you on Fiverr or ask CS what is the best approach as well.

As you mentioned above, both says “End Product”, an extended license is only required if money is being made directly from it, if the client wants to use the product for their personal blog, they just need to buy a regular license not an extended license.

you only need to purchase it once, no extended license as well as no one is paying to view your gig demo.

an extended license is only required if money is being made from it

This is what confuses me again 😅

Because if I buy a regular license to create a gig video to showcase samples, I’m still getting money from the gig’s sales, gig that makes use of a VH template for the gig video…

Yet you said earlier that a regular license is fine… either there’s a contradiction somewhere, or I’m still not getting it 😬

Guest offlinehelpers

you only need to purchase it once, no extended license as well as no one is paying to view your gig demo.

Because if I buy a regular license to create a gig video to showcase samples, I’m still getting money from the gig’s sales, gig that makes use of a VH template for the gig video…

Yet you said earlier that a regular license is fine… either there’s a contradiction somewhere, or I’m still not getting it 😬

money is being made from it

Directly from it woofy - as in the video being resold. You’re not selling the video so you’re okay!

I’m still getting money from the gig’s sales, gig that made use of a VH template for the gig video…

But you’re not selling that template, so regular license is fine.

The regular license does not allow you to resell the end product!

REGULAR LICENSE:

, and the End Product can be distributed for Free.

EXTENDED LICENSE:

, and the End Product may be Sold.

The regular license does not allow you to resell the end product!

REGULAR LICENSE:

, and the End Product can be distributed for Free.

EXTENDED LICENSE:

, and the End Product may be Sold.

Please read the statements carefully, I’ve said this quite a few times now. For a Fiverr gig video for promotional purposes, for example offering writing services, graphic services or any such service; you are allowed to use a regular license as “you are not selling the actual video”, therefore you can use a VideoHive template for that, this is not an end product that is sold, it is an end product that is viewed without payment. If you are reselling the VideoHive product as a template or editing a template on a client’s behalf*, neither Regular nor Extended licenses can work if purchased only once, please read it properly.

*Unless you are purchasing a license each time you get a new client and transferring the rights to them (majority of persons offering this type of service on Fiverr is not doing this based on their prices), a one off purchase is a no.

Useful Scenarios - VideoHive//

Scenario1//

A client comes to you to purchase a VideoHive template and edit it for them, to be used as a part of their blog.

Charges: A] Regular License B] Fee for the edit

Scenario2//

A client comes to you to purchase a VideoHive template and edit it for them, to be used as a part of their movie to be shown at a theatre or to be included in a Television Show.

Charges: A] Extended License B] Fee for the edit

Scenario3//

You are offering the service to re-sell a VideoHive template. This is against Envato’s TOS.

Scenario4//

You are offering the service to edit VideoHive templates on a client’s behalf. See Scenario 1 and 2

Scenario5//

You are offering vector artwork illustrations, copy-writing services… and wish to use a VideoHive template (incorporating your works) to showcase your portfolio. Charge: A] Regular License B] Fee for the edit (if requiring a seller to edit it for you)

Archived