Fiverr gave me a warning for "Not being professional enough"

Guest neromare

Guest neromare

So basically, I often use “Hi” instead of “Hello”, and “Thanks” instead of “Thank you”, and I think that’s absolutely normal. With my partners and clients, I often use these great sounding American English words. I don’t really see where the problem is.

And of course, Fiverr don’t think so and gave me a warning.

So Fiverr is now encouraging me to sound like a freaking robot, and creep and scare people off with “Hello, Sire. How can I help you, fine Sir?” instead of quick and super friendly and predisposing “Hi. How are you?” or “Thanks. See you later.”

That’s what I call “a bad management” and “a bad decision”.

Anyone else suffering the same trouble?

I’m actually quite surprised and also curious…what exactly did it say in this warning you got from Fiverr?? I’d really like to take a look at the screen shot if you don’t mind!

I personally stick to “Hello” for the opening, sometimes thrown in a “Hi” if I know the seller already, I also say “Thank you” most of the time, but again use “Thanks” and “Thx!” for repeat buyers.

…so far no warning…

Guest neromare

I’m actually quite surprised and also curious…what exactly did it say in this warning you got from Fiverr?? I’d really like to take a look at the screen shot if you don’t mind!

I personally stick to “Hello” for the opening, sometimes thrown in a “Hi” if I know the seller already, I also say “Thank you” most of the time, but again use “Thanks” and “Thx!” for repeat buyers.

…so far no warning…

Said I need to be more professional. Nothing more explanatory. I never swear or anything so there’s nothing else really.

Guest neromare

I got one customer and I got two positive reviews and he was super happy. I’m new so I haven’t interacted with anyone else. Another user from where?

Guest neromare

I got some random messages from scammers asking me for a video chat but that’s about it. I highly doubt it scammers reporting me. That’d be insane.

Guest neromare

Iam also hearing it for the first time ? Did you by any chance reply to a customer query where they asked you to share ur number or email ? If you did that im just assuming that it might be also for that … not sure though !

Nope. I refused. They’re all scammers.

Guest neromare

Iam also hearing it for the first time ? Did you by any chance reply to a customer query where they asked you to share ur number or email ? If you did that im just assuming that it might be also for that … not sure though !

I got that on eBay, lol. But never tried that here.

…so far no warning…

no

I never get warning and using regularly that words,

Guest neromare

Maybe it’s something else but I’m grasping at straws right here. The system message didn’t tell me exactly what I did so I can’t know for sure but take a good guess.

So basically, I often use “Hi” instead of “Hello”, and “Thanks” instead of “Thank you”, and I think that’s absolutely normal. With my partners and clients, I often use these great sounding American English words. I don’t really see where the problem is.

So Fiverr is now encouraging me to sound like a freaking robot, and creep and scare people off with “Hello, Sire. How can I help you, fine Sir?” instead of quick and super friendly and predisposing “Hi. How are you?” or “Thanks. See you later.”

That’s what I call “a bad management” and “a bad decision”.

Anyone else suffering the same trouble?

I’m pretty sure Fiverr did NOT give you a warning based upon how you say hello. There is nothing wrong with saying “Hi”, or “Thanks”. That’s not why you got a warning about “bring professional”. There was, almost certainly, something else tied to that warning – something of legitimate concern. Perhaps you might consider contacting Customer Support and asking for specifics.

Maybe it’s something else but I’m grasping at straws right here. The system message didn’t tell me exactly what I did so I can’t know for sure but take a good guess.

They aren’t likely to tell you what it was, but I also doubt that it has anything to do with saying “Hi” and “Thanks.” From what you’ve said here, the most obvious thing based on my own experience is that you probably accidentally responded to a scammer in a way that triggers an automatic flag.

For example, if someone asks you to contact them at his or her email address and you respond with “It’s against the rules to contact people off-Fiverr” that sounds like a good response. The words “off Fiverr” can trigger a flag and get you a warning, though. It’s usually not a big deal since you learn from it. When you respond to scammers or anyone trying to break the rules, it’s best just to say something very simple. I use phrases like “No thank you.” I report the person if they were deliberately trying to violate the terms and that’s the end of it. Good luck.

Guest neromare

I’m pretty sure Fiverr did NOT give you a warning based upon how you say hello. There is nothing wrong with saying “Hi”, or “Thanks”. That’s not why you got a warning about “bring professional”. There was, almost certainly, something else tied to that warning – something of legitimate concern. Perhaps you might consider contacting Customer Support and asking for specifics.

Alright. Thank you. I’ll contact them.

Guest neromare

They aren’t likely to tell you what it was, but I also doubt that it has anything to do with saying “Hi” and “Thanks.” From what you’ve said here, the most obvious thing based on my own experience is that you probably accidentally responded to a scammer in a way that triggers an automatic flag.

For example, if someone asks you to contact them at his or her email address and you respond with “It’s against the rules to contact people off-Fiverr” that sounds like a good response. The words “off Fiverr” can trigger a flag and get you a warning, though. It’s usually not a big deal since you learn from it. When you respond to scammers or anyone trying to break the rules, it’s best just to say something very simple. I use phrases like “No thank you.” I report the person if they were deliberately trying to violate the terms and that’s the end of it. Good luck.

I answered to a lot of scammers. I answer because if I don’t, I’m bugging my own “response time” and it goes lower.

Maybe I answered to one lately. I said maybe something like “f*** off I’ll report you, stop writing me” and the dude was asking me for nudes.

So if I got a warning for this, hell. Jesus.

I answered to a lot of scammers. I answer because if I don’t, I’m bugging my own “response time” and it goes lower.

Maybe I answered to one lately. I said maybe something like “f*** off I’ll report you, stop writing me” and the dude was asking me for nudes.

I didn’t say not to answer them. We all have to answer them. Answer them with something simple. Yes, you can absolutely get warned for writing f*** off in any inbox message for any reason, even if the other person is unprofessional. You can report them and stay professional with your reply.

I said maybe something like “f*** off I’ll report you, stop writing me”

I knew it was something like this that did it. No matter what they do you can’t talk to anyone that way.

Guest neromare

I said maybe something like “f*** off I’ll report you, stop writing me”

I knew it was something like this that did it. No matter what they do you can’t talk to anyone that way.

I want to believe that there’s a formula to scammer engagement that can be a net positive to the world.

I want to believe that there’s a formula to scammer engagement that can be a net positive to the world.

The solution is simple… don’t engage with scammers. Say no and/or report the scammer comment, and you won’t have any problems with your response rating.

Guest neromare

The solution is simple… don’t engage with scammers. Say no and/or report the scammer comment, and you won’t have any problems with your response rating.

Much obliged. Will follow.

Archived