Sales Have Tanked After Average Prices - REMOVE IT!

ssj1236

poll  

156 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Down With the Average Prices
    • I Like The New Average Prices
    • Stop Complaining & Wait For The “Test” To Be Over

hi, if i am allow to ask, as you have mentioned about ads, do you use facebook adds or any other platform?

Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail marketing.

I have a guy for it. Pay him $100 and he handles everything for the week. Just lovely but even he’s out of ideas on how to get me sales.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve made $76 all weekend and I’m happy to get it. That’s from one buyer. For the weekend. Unbelievable.

At this point, I’m considering making a request to CS - which I would if I didn’t already have an active ticket.

That makes two of us. Considering you’ve been on Fiverr for WAYYY longer than me have things gotten this bad in the past before?

Things have never been bad in all the years I’ve been here before May 2017.

Then the algorithm change and now the average sale price happened, as if the first wasn’t bad enough.

I’m actually finding Fiverr really confusing from a buyer perspective at the moment. (Even though I’m not buying anything).

I’m getting new niche ideas and searching for existing gigs to see how well such niches (seem to perform). Now in the past, this was pretty easy. I would search for something like copywriting or real estate videos, and I would get a nice mix of (and clustered together mix) of sellers who seemed to be making regular deliveries, had products which I could compete with (or improve on), and whom all seemed to have put a lot of work into their gigs.

Now I just get PRO SELLERS and virtual trailer trash. (For the most part).

If I am looking into a writing niche and everyone over the first 2 pages are newbies or obviously there because they have appeared out of nowhere with hugely inflated prices, I can’t take any meaningful information away from my search. Plus, you know what they say, the best place to hide a dead body is on page 2 of a Google search.

All this being the case, I am starting to wonder at what point someone is going to say errr… “Okay, have we achieved our goals with all these algorithm changes? Or have we just really spent the past few months confusing the hell out the people who used to buy here?”

“Now I just get PRO SELLERS and virtual trailer trash. (For the most part).” :rofl:

I have been here for about two weeks. Lately, I took a really good look around to check out the competition in the proofreading and editing category. “Trailer trash” is not the describer I would use, but it made me laugh. There are a lot of people that should not be here, trying to sell gigs they are so obviously unprepared to fulfill. It disturbs me that I am competing with these people. It makes it difficult for the buyers to wade through all of the unqualified sellers in their quest to find the qualified sellers. I see why it would be easier to just search for recommended sellers.

I have not checked out the qualifications for becoming a PRO SELLER. When I first saw that category, I thought they must be the sellers with the most and best reviews. Then I noticed that some of them do not even have one review!

I’m actually finding Fiverr really confusing from a buyer perspective at the moment. (Even though I’m not buying anything).

I’m getting new niche ideas and searching for existing gigs to see how well such niches (seem to perform). Now in the past, this was pretty easy. I would search for something like copywriting or real estate videos, and I would get a nice mix of (and clustered together mix) of sellers who seemed to be making regular deliveries, had products which I could compete with (or improve on), and whom all seemed to have put a lot of work into their gigs.

Now I just get PRO SELLERS and virtual trailer trash. (For the most part).

If I am looking into a writing niche and everyone over the first 2 pages are newbies or obviously there because they have appeared out of nowhere with hugely inflated prices, I can’t take any meaningful information away from my search. Plus, you know what they say, the best place to hide a dead body is on page 2 of a Google search.

All this being the case, I am starting to wonder at what point someone is going to say errr… “Okay, have we achieved our goals with all these algorithm changes? Or have we just really spent the past few months confusing the hell out the people who used to buy here?”

Now I just get PRO SELLERS and virtual trailer trash.

I agree it’s hard to find sellers now you want to buy from. I’ve been helping someone find sellers for a project and it’s very hard to wade through the bad sellers and pick out the good ones.

Things have never been bad in all the years I’ve been here before May 2017.

Then the algorithm change and now the average sale price happened, as if the first wasn’t bad enough.

Hang in there, hopefully, the tests will last just a little longer.

Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail marketing.

I have a guy for it. Pay him $100 and he handles everything for the week. Just lovely but even he’s out of ideas on how to get me sales.

Thanks a lot for sharing your marketing process. There are many people, who do not like to share their secrets, thinking that it would do any good. You are truly a gem!

“Now I just get PRO SELLERS and virtual trailer trash. (For the most part).” :rofl:

I have been here for about two weeks. Lately, I took a really good look around to check out the competition in the proofreading and editing category. “Trailer trash” is not the describer I would use, but it made me laugh. There are a lot of people that should not be here, trying to sell gigs they are so obviously unprepared to fulfill. It disturbs me that I am competing with these people. It makes it difficult for the buyers to wade through all of the unqualified sellers in their quest to find the qualified sellers. I see why it would be easier to just search for recommended sellers.

I have not checked out the qualifications for becoming a PRO SELLER. When I first saw that category, I thought they must be the sellers with the most and best reviews. Then I noticed that some of them do not even have one review!

I assume Fiverr does extreme vetting for pro sellers since they charge more and Fiverr is giving them a pro designation.

On the other hand, one has to wonder if a pro can handle Fiverr. For example, suppose that pro works 50-60 hours a week, will he find time for Fiverr? Will he answer messages in a timely manner? Will he be serious about deadlines? Only time will tell.

I assume Fiverr does extreme vetting for pro sellers since they charge more and Fiverr is giving them a pro designation.

On the other hand, one has to wonder if a pro can handle Fiverr. For example, suppose that pro works 50-60 hours a week, will he find time for Fiverr? Will he answer messages in a timely manner? Will he be serious about deadlines? Only time will tell.

On the other hand, one has to wonder if a pro can handle Fiverr.

It depends on each individual Pro seller. Speaking for myself, I treat Fiverr clients with exactly the same respect, courtesy, and professionalism as I would any other client, and schedule in time and communications for them in the exact same way.

On the other hand, one has to wonder if a pro can handle Fiverr.

It depends on each individual Pro seller. Speaking for myself, I treat Fiverr clients with exactly the same respect, courtesy, and professionalism as I would any other client, and schedule in time and communications for them in the exact same way.

I think he meant whether they can respond in a timely manner. Considering that they haven’t received any substantial orders selling on Fiverr are they logging in every day to check whether they have a message or not. On that note, everyone should definitely try the Fiverr App they revamped the UI and it looks fantastic now.

I think he meant whether they can respond in a timely manner. Considering that they haven’t received any substantial orders selling on Fiverr are they logging in every day to check whether they have a message or not. On that note, everyone should definitely try the Fiverr App they revamped the UI and it looks fantastic now.

Understood. I automatically get email updates every time a buyer messages me, together with phone notifications through the app (which I agree is great). No seller has an excuse not to be prompt 😉

Hi, PRO SELLERS is just new performance at FIVER. That is the reason some of them don’t have a review yet. We (the rest of sellers at fiverr) are wondering what will happens with the new PRO SELLERS…

😀

Understood. I automatically get email updates every time a buyer messages me, together with phone notifications through the app (which I agree is great). No seller has an excuse not to be prompt 😉

Yesterday after being frustrated with no orders decided on a new approach to orders which I will not go into detail about. it’s rather desperate and won’t work unless you know people with massive followings :3

What I recommend everyone do right now is have a high ranking blog make a post about you, that seems to be working for me right now. Make sure to explicitly state what price the gig was sold at. Managed to get orders worth more than $100 for the cost of $10.

Yesterday after being frustrated with no orders decided on a new approach to orders which I will not go into detail about. it’s rather desperate and won’t work unless you know people with massive followings :3

What I recommend everyone do right now is have a high ranking blog make a post about you, that seems to be working for me right now. Make sure to explicitly state what price the gig was sold at. Managed to get orders worth more than $100 for the cost of $10.

Excellent work, delighted to hear that 🙂

Well, after observing this “freaky average whatever pricing system” some time, I can definitely confirm that I am losing customers, or better said, not getting customers, new customers I mean, as I did before.

If you offer services in an absolute low price sector, as I do, everything above 5$ is a killer for a new user.

Before this new “freaky average whatever pricing system” I already made tests with a different pricing structure (as most sellers do) and changed some Gigs from 5$ to 10$, offering the “double” of service, so at the end it was not more expensive, it simply started from 10$ and not from 5$.

The idea was just to get rid of from toooo much 5$ orders. Result? Fail!

Nearly nobody wants to try out a simple service first time for 10$, especially if Fiverr is known as a “Starting from 5$ platform”.

Also the name of Fiverr is Fiverr, so it is the Fiverr that generates “emotions” and drives the people to order.

It is psychological. Fiverr = 5. Basta.

You can jump around, you can tell 100 Marketing teams to tell the world that Fiverr is “not just a Fiverr”, it is „Fiverr“. At least at the "beginning“ for nearly every buyer.

That´s the name the company selected “for reasons” some years ago. If the Fiverr now is not the goal, so change the name, throw the brand away, create a new one. (you won´t 🙂

„Fiverr formerly known as Fiverr, and still a little bit a Fiverr, but not just only a Fiverr" dot com.

And: no, no, no, no, it makes absolutely no sense, to put freaky higher „average“ prices, if the real price is… 5$

At the end just one thought.

Last week I was looking at a car dealer some cars.

What was my concern?

Right, how much will cost the car I am interested in.

What was not my concern?

Right, I was not interested in some average prices of average cars I am not interested in.

Also a good one, in the supermarket maybe:

„Hey whats the average price of that beef?“

Average price is 27$, but your price is 5$…

„Average prices“ = Science fiction.

I despise this Average Price thing. My views and clicks have dropped by 80%, I’ve never seen that line graph so low, orders are just as low dropping by 35%. I see no value in this Average Price feature except to make the Pro Gigs ‘seem good’.

Archived