Don't Expect a Miracle for $5

magellon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Reply to @mrproofreading:

I completely agree with this as well. I’m pretty sure a lot of sellers aren’t sitting by their computers all day every day. Some people have children, are married and want time with their spouse. Others could be students.

I know when I wake up because of a message, I read it right away, but I turn right back over and go back to sleep. I do read it again a few times when I’m more alert so that I can properly understand and I can articulate what I want to communicate back to the buyer.

I thought that was a poor piece of advice and I’m not surprised that others think so as well.

For what it’s worth, $5 consulting fees for video work is becoming more commonplace. It’s also used by some the most talented and professional video presenters here on fiverr. What @edume does is not unusual at all and I wouldn’t be surprised if it becomes the norm for TRS video production.

I’m kind of indifferent so long as it’s allowed by the TOS. Since I create videos, perhaps I’m in a unique position to understand why they do this. I prefer a different approach, but… time is money… and a great deal of time often goes into discussing a production before an order is placed. For me, my rates are higher than most so that offsets any concern of diminished returns regarding the consulting.

Guest aprildew

I wish I had seen this post before contracting a few sellers. I sent emails and used the ones who answered within 48 hours and to my satisfaction. I also waited a few days before giving a review. Unfortunately 2 of the sellers dropped the traffic to my site considerably after 3 weeks (in a one month contract) and 1 seller didn’t provide the other half of the gig promised. They also didn’t respond to any of my messages. I never noticed the Complaints link. I guess I had too many other things to chase after $5, but it still bugged me. I’d like to change my review, and maybe make that complaint, even if it’s after the fact.

Please be aware of a gig provided called ‘overboost’. She accepts gigs and than tries to renegotiate the price. I purchased a $5 gig, she than asks for another $40. I left a bad review and she than told that if I removed the review she would complete the work for $15. As soon as I removed the review she refused to complete the work. She basically blackmailed me.

Coming from a seller’s perspective, I think that a lot of these are good tips, but I disagree with #2: Confirm information in the gig - about what you will get even if it’s listed.

A quick message confirming that the seller is available for your order is fine, but asking questions that repeat everything in the gig description will just waste time. I’ve personally spent a lot of time writing my gig description, and I find it a bit frustrating when buyers clearly haven’t read it. I would recommend that all buyers take a look at what’s included in the description, including the delivery time, before contacting a seller. I do think messaging the seller ahead of time and describing the details of what you’re looking for (particularly if it’s a large order or more complicated than the basic gig) is a great idea.

If a seller delivers something that doesn’t live up to the description, you have a very good reason for requesting a modification or cancelling the order to get a refund.

In every gig, I ensure I encourage my potential buyers to contact me prior to ordering because every customer expects different things from a gig and I want to be sure I can deliver what they want when they want it.

I think it should be promoted!

yes your are right on some point like description or timely response but i don’t think all seo service are fake here as a seller of seo service i have too many clients who saw some decent ranking with my work because i don’t try to scam my buyers if some one looking for suggestion i will happy to help them but if some one looking for #1 ranking on Google with 5$ buck its just like to get Eiffel tower in just 5.

• 3 years later...

Is your approach for buying on Fiverr all wrong?

Most people come to Fiverr because they are looking for a specific set of skills to help them move a project along so they can accomplish their long term goals. So you search and search combing through profiles trying to identify the perfect person to help you with this one task. Wouldn’t it be great if you had a single point of contact that you could connect with to share your overall business goals, talk more strategically about what you want to do then leverage that person to find the right resources on Fiverr to help you along at various points? In the long run you save a tone of money by investing in Fiverr resources that have a mix of strategic and tactical abilities. Here are a few tips for leveraging Fiverr to develop relationships with sellers that can transform your projects and deliver real value.

1. Review their gigs. Ideally you want to find a person that had a mix of skills ranging from tactical to strategic. For instance, if you are hiring someone who can just implement social media campaigns, you want to see if that person can be leveraged to support other assignments in the future which fall outside of that. This helps because that person becomes familiar with your brand or project so the time it takes to understand what you want will be less.
  2. Ask about their network. No one person can be an expert on everything. Fiverr offers buyers a unique opportunity to connect and collaborate with one another, which in turn drives more value for you. As a buyer, you want to take the path that of least resistance and want to work with a person that can leverage their relationships to make your life easier. For instance, you may find a seller that has excellent ratings developing websites, but don’t get the feeling that they are up to speed when it comes to messaging and developing content for the site. Look for sellers that are honest about what they can provide and who also take it a step further saying that they can source the skills you need to fill in that gap.
  3. Relationship. Relationship. Relationship. Fiverr has changed, the quality of skill that comes from sellers has never been higher – and the cost to buyers is super reasonable. Buyers don’t tend to make a purchase that’s one and done. They are developing relationships with professionals that can provide premium services at amazing rates. Think about Fiverr sellers as your business partners. Here you have access to some of the brightest and most skilled talents within their industry. Do the work and ask the right questions when it comes to selecting talent. Then nurture that relationship, and start to think of that person as a part of your team, someone that you reach out to and work with to drive your initiatives forward. Long-term relationships drive continuous value.

• 3 weeks later...

Some sellers are angry at me for wait I have said, but the fact is that it’s the truth and nothing is done about the fake services being sold.

I think buyers should give proper feedback to the seller immediately, but if buyer feel bad after a time, give another as buyer feelings to the seller…

I agree with most of what you said except for this:

edume said: 1. Send a message to the seller and ask some questions. Wait and see how long it takes to reply. If it takes more than a day, forget about this seller. Good communication means a fast reply.

What if the seller is enjoying a day away from work?

What if the seller is ill?

What if the seller is on vacation?

What if the seller is swamped with work and only responds to messages 3/4 times a week?

Having a good response time isn't indicative of your ability to sell successfully. Would you spoil your day off by replying to a message regarding a $5 order?

I’m totally agree with you

Please be aware of a gig provided called ‘overboost’. She accepts gigs and than tries to renegotiate the price. I purchased a $5 gig, she than asks for another $40. I left a bad review and she than told that if I removed the review she would complete the work for $15. As soon as I removed the review she refused to complete the work. She basically blackmailed me.

If you purchase $5 packages and demand $40 work, Then she ask $40 from you…you should discuss with her first

I think buyers should give proper feedback to the seller immediately, but if buyer feel bad after a time, give another as buyer feelings to the seller…

So you are suggesting that buyers leave only positive feedback on the seller profile and bad reviews should go privetly to a seller?

That would be really unfair to other buyers. They deserve to know all good or bad experiences.

So you are suggesting that buyers leave only positive feedback on the seller profile and bad reviews should go privetly to a seller?

That would be really unfair to other buyers. They deserve to know all good or bad experiences.

no no, I am not suggesting that buyers leave only positive feedback to the seller. I am telling about the feedback of real feelings of buyers (positive or negative).

I am asking only QUICK feedback for the seller (positive or negative).

On 4/24/2019 at 12:13 AM, mhwoolz said:

Coming from a seller’s perspective, I think that a lot of these are good tips, but I disagree with #2: Confirm information in the gig - about what you will get even if it’s listed.

A quick message confirming that the seller is available for your order is fine, but asking questions that repeat everything in the gig description will just waste time. I’ve personally spent a lot of time writing my gig description, and I find it a bit frustrating when buyers clearly haven’t read it. I would recommend that all buyers take a look at what’s included in the description, including the delivery time, before contacting a seller. I do think messaging the seller ahead of time and describing the details of what you’re looking for (particularly if it’s a large order or more complicated than the basic gig) is a great idea.

If a seller delivers something that doesn’t live up to the description, you have a very good reason for requesting a modification or cancelling the order to get a refund.

Good point. We don’t want to enable laziness, plus the time spent speaking with a prospect is time spent on the gig. That basically means you’re making less money per hour if you’re spending time answering lazy, ignorant questions. 

• 1 month later...

As a seller that’s very true.
It’s still left me with with a bit sour taste from not getting feedback full 5 stars just because the buyer thought I charge a little more expensive.
To be fair, I didn’t, it was under minimum in the market. It’s like as though the buyer doesn’t understand the actual market price 😦
And in my defense the buyer also accept the offer immediately without commenting about the price so I initially thought they actually agreed with the price.

I’m thinking of wanna deactivate Fiverr for a while to collect myself since Fiverr also took 20% of any revenue, even the hard earned rare tips.
If I tries to up my rate 20% more to cover the cut, the buyers think I’m being expensive, so I have to accept the 20% cut.
And outside of that I also have bills to pay.
and Fiverr helds the revenue for 2 weeks. Which is very long since the counting will only start after the project was delivered.
Fiverr is starting to be a drag for my needs.

Well said John, agree with you on this one. I had some funny situations with couple of buyers. I’m video editor, and believe it or not one of the buyers expected me to edit a wedding video of like an hour of wedding footage or so for $5 (LOL). And of course the $5 order was placed before even contacting me, which just caused damage to my profile. It’s incredible what buyers expect for $5.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:49 AM, monica178 said:

I’m thinking of wanna deactivate Fiverr for a while to collect myself since Fiverr also took 20% of any revenue, even the hard earned rare tips.

If I tries to up my rate 20% more to cover the cut, the buyers think I’m being expensive, so I have to accept the 20% cut.

If you had read the Fiverr Terms of Service, you would note that this is how Fiverr makes their revenue. Fiverr keeps 20%, and you keep 80%. Complaining about this seems pointless as this is the very structure upon which Fiverr operates.

And outside of that I also have bills to pay.

and Fiverr helds the revenue for 2 weeks. Which is very long since the counting will only start after the project was delivered.

This is also normal, and has been for years. It is your responsibility to manage your finances. Fiverr does not need to abide by the due dates of your own personal bills. Fiverr holds all cleared payments for security reasons. I actually applaud them for doing so.

Fiverr is starting to be a drag for my needs.

You are welcome to find work elsewhere, if this is not the right fit for you. 

Archived